Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stu Strikes Again!

The funny thing is, Stu makes a great deal about the anonymity of the people on sites like ours, yet I doubt he's actually sent an PM to anyone asking them to either reveal their true identity or even ask them to elaborate on their opinions (which is what an adult would do). On the occasions when I was wondering who the true identity of a poster on this site is, I've simply sent a PM asking if they were fine with letting me know who they were. To a man, everyone has said, "Hey, Geoff, I'm _______. I know you from ____." or something similar. It's not a secret society here. Hell, my mom has people come up to her when she's working around the state and tell her, "I see your son on the SDSU fan site all the time." And I'm fine with that. I have no problems expressing my opinions and would gladly do so with Stu. People express their opinions about lawyers and my job in particular all the time. If I do a pisspoor job on something, I hear about it. My email is readily available on this site if you click on my user name.

That leads to the other part of this. If I have an issue with a co-worker, I generally go ask them about it and see what I can do to rectify the situation. We generally are able to work out a solution and the situation is diffused. Stu would rather sit back and throw a pity party for himself than actually act like an adult. "Poor me, I'm getting picked on by a bunch of people on a fan site. I know what I'll do, I'll resort to grade school name calling and that will show everyone. Besides, I'm smarter than everyone and no one has the right to question my judgement or opinons." I wouldn't accept that sort of behavior from my 3 year old daughter (not that she would resort to that level...she's too mature for that). Be an adult, Stu.

- Geoff Wilber

(FYI: all 10 fingers present and accounted for - 8 years of secondary education and generally only considered an "idiot" by my wife on occasion and when I drink in excess)
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

He said I'm not a real doctor, which I suppose could be true depending on how you define "real doctor".

I have a M.D. and 7 years of post med-school training that allows me to be board certified in 3 different medical specialties. However, I found the right job that allows me the freedom of time to make 3000 plus posts on a forum dedicated to SDSU. My wife thinks that part of my life is idiotic and told me that when I made a couple of those posts that got me in trouble last night. So, Stu calling me an idiot is no problem. Sometimes I am.

In some ways, I guess, I'm probably not a "real doctor" in Stu's mind. Its just my job. People who want their occupation to define them aren't the ones I emulate, even though my moniker on this site is jackmd. I chose that name early on when the numbers here were cozy (less than 30) as an identifier. Now, I think most everyone who is interested knows me as jackmd, to change it just isn't worth it nor do I feel its necessary.

In short, Stu can say what he wants about me. I, for one, am very comfortable with my persona here whether I'm considered an idiot, a jackass, brilliant or almost anything else.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
         My wife thinks that part of my life is idiotic   
        I have to ditto that and have had to pull back a bit.

The hard part is that this board has grown so much, which is great.  You used to be able to keep up on every post with not spending too much time.  Now it is impossible without spending hours a day.

(as I hit post #800 :-?)

Comment

Wow. I just listened to the podcast. "Jackmd is not a real doctor"? Please. That little addendum to the end of "show" sounded like a cheap shot from a guy who is troubled by the fact that some people out there disagree with the way he does his job. Journalists have to deal with that nearly every day (and I speak from experience). Sounds like the frustration just sort of bubbles over. But I see he goes after message boards again in his 29 October column:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../1135/SPORTS05

It would be ignorant to think that this isn't another jab at this forum and its contributors. By the way, I would trust jackmd with whatever ails me.

Comment

I just have to say the I just noticed that jackmd is a "doctor of jacktitude" (under his screen name). Guess that means he's an MD and a DOJ, two times the doctor!

Comment

How Ironic is it that Stu bashes message boards, while his paper uses them in different areas of their new paper format??

For example, in the sports section today they listed a comment from their Argus forums with someone that had a problem with recruiting Soph. in HS.

Now that is messed up!!

Comment

I note (with limited commercial interruption) this nugget of wisdom from the type-type-typing of one Stu Whitney, in his artcle:

Augustana's exit kills NCC

Gross visited private schools that play non-scholarship football (Valparaiso and Drake), as well as I-AAA programs that don't sponsor football at all (Drake and Creighton).
                Here, we learn that Drake both plays non-scholarship football AND doesn't sponsor football at all. Sigh.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Also included in that article by Stu is an enlightening look into how to goad a guy into kicking you square in the fellas the next time you see him. He makes Kelby Krabbenhoft come off as a mindless chimp with a lot of money who only failed to convince Augie to go D1 because they dangled a banana in front of his face while the vote was taking place. Kelby dreams big about the city of Sioux Falls, no argument here. But, I think that is a good thing. Isn't that exactly the type of person you want in South Dakota and Sioux Falls? When you have a state like SD that suffers from overall obscurity, you need someone who dreams big and wants to act on those dreams. Stu makes it sound like it's stupid to try to entice the Vikings to come to Sioux Falls or for Sioux Falls to talk about having a D1 school. Shows how backwards Stu is. He'd be happy if Sioux Falls Washington was still the only high school and he'd definitely be happier if the internet didn't happen where people have an opportunity to point out his inadequacies as a journalist.

Here's hoping Kelby (who is a big dude) gives Stu the ultimate dirty look the next time he sees him.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I've said it before. Stu is for "Stupid". It if looks stupid, smells stupid, and sounds stupid, chances are pretty good that it is "STUPID".

Comment

Rather than aim for the I-AA target of 62, Oliver figured the Northern Sun's 24 maximum would make Augie more competitive.
                      I thought the maximum for I-AA was 63, not 62.

Oh Stu, you did it again!! ;D ;D ;D

He should post his articles here first so we can proofread them for him ;D ;D

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

You may enjoy reading this letter to the editor of the Argus from the President of Augie.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...611200314/1053

Comment

Nice slap!!!!!!!!!!

A few more of these and stew will be lucky to be covering sports for the Miller Press.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

I understand Stu was looking for jobs in Midland, MI this weekend. I believe he hails from somewhere out there. I almost feel sorry for the guy but he only has himself to blame. Lazy, selfish and dumb (the LSD syndrome) often gets you what you deserve. We experienced the lazy first hand with his lame "phone it in" coverage of the Jacks at home. Then we see the selfish with his comments about people being critical of his writing. Finally, the dumb, he projects his own dislike for Mr. Krabbenhoft onto the administration at Augie. I for one am glad Dr. Oliver called him out.

Don't let Stu of easy. Ask him to recognize and correct these areas of weakness. The bigger concern is that the problems at the Argus probably include those above Stu and they may suffer from "LSD syndrome", too.

P.S. I first read about LSD from a veteran who does some freelance writing for the P&D. I liked Mr. Kerr's take on it.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

He has not been able to recognize or correct any of it for the last 10 years or so. Why give him a chance now. Just can his arse.

Comment

Hard to say what the deal is at The Argus Leader but to get a letter from a very high-profile figure such as Mr. Oliver has got to bring a negative light on the paper. They have to be concerned about Stu's musings.

Ol' Stubeedubeedoo just doesn't get it! He takes free shots at us through his mediums but goes about his jouranlism as if it is chatroom smack! I'm not suprised to hear he may be looking at jobs elsewhere, maybe he can give us an update on his search in the next podcast! A few more "unsmoothies" like that and they'll send him packing!

By the way, Terry is doing a great job in the short time he has been covering SDSU. His assesments have been fair and unbiased just as they should be! It's been a breath of fresh air!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X