Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    I think the hatred with Stu Whitney might be more of a factor that he isn't Terry V. Anyone from the Argus that doesn't drool all over SDSU "sucks".
    Haven't you read the posts of how many people don't read Stu and don't care what he thinks? I think that's this thread is going on it's 34th page.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
      This piece was more than just a blog entry on the Argus website, this was his monologue during this past weeks visit on KWSN. That's right, Stu is on Sports Talk with Craig and John every Thursday at 4 pm and has a little segment called Stu Spews, I'm sorry, I meant Stu's Views. Stu's View's is Stu's feeble attempt at adding a little humor to the past weeks sports news, while Craig Mattick can be heard in the background laughing at Stu's jokes with his high pitched chuckles, kind of like a prepubescent Ed McMahon. This message board and its members are frequent targets of Stu and Craig's jabs. It's to bad a city the size of Sioux Falls can't have more than one local sports talk show. Thank God for Matt Perrault on AM 590 out of Omaha, a good entertaining alternative to KWSN even though it isn't local.

Maybe those comments being jabs at the SDSU board are because anyone non SDSU are low life scums. That is the impression I would often get if I were a member of the media or neutral observer. It's not just against USD either. Some of your game threads are the same way. Many fans have slammed and said bad things about members of your own conference. By the way SDSU is their little cousin in case you didn't know.
      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Maybe those comments being jabs at the SDSU board are because anyone non SDSU are low life scums. That is the impression I would often get if I were a member of the media or neutral observer. It's not just against USD either. Some of your game threads are the same way. Many fans have slammed and said bad things about members of your own conference. By the way SDSU is their little cousin in case you didn't know.
        Do you ever tire of waving red flags in front of bulls?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Do you ever tire of waving red flags in front of bulls?
          And actually, the comment applies to all the folks who get upset about Stu's meditations as well . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

As usual, most of what you say is either baloney or unintelligible. "Low life scums"? Where to begin?

First of all, media and neutral observers don't generally look to a partisan fan board for "unbiased" information. If you're looking for that here, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Second, I wouldn't worry about what the "media" thinks. Most of the "media" in South Dakota graduated from SDSU. The lone exception I can think of is the Argus sports staff, which include one USD graduate and no SDSU grads.

Game threads? Is there anything more intensely partisan than a game thread on a fan board? Are you kidding me?

Finally, I don't know what you're even trying to say with the "little cousin" comment. Whatever it is, it's probably senseless, so I'll ignore it.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              As usual, most of what you say is either baloney or unintelligible. "Low life scums"? Where to begin?

First of all, media and neutral observers don't generally look to a partisan fan board for "unbiased" information. If you're looking for that here, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Second, I wouldn't worry about what the "media" thinks. Most of the "media" in South Dakota graduated from SDSU. The lone exception I can think of is the Argus sports staff, which include one USD graduate and no SDSU grads.

Game threads? Is there anything more intensely partisan than a game thread on a fan board? Are you kidding me?

Finally, I don't know what you're even trying to say with the "little cousin" comment. Whatever it is, it's probably senseless, so I'll ignore it.
              Wait, wait, wait. Back it up. Are you trying to tell me that this board isn't un-biased?

Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                Wait, wait, wait. Back it up. Are you trying to tell me that this board isn't un-biased?

Actually, we're all scientists in lab coats, testing CF's sanity. It's not looking good.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Jimmy Jack: 'About now in these discussions, a board member usually posts something like: "Don't let Stu rent space in your head."'

Why would anyone say something like that?

Comment

Boycotts don't work but the sponsorship of his segment sounds really good. Letters to management will just inspire them to keep it going and pour it on. ie Rush Limbaugh auctioning off Harry Reids complaint letter.

Comment

At least we Have game threads, where actual people write and leave comments for others to read while the Prairie Puppies blog and argus blog are left for prosperity and some future archeologist to dig up and discover virgin ie unread

Comment

Wow, almost Archie Bunker like.

Comment

My message for Stu is: Not in denial, let USD in the Summit and let the games begin. Why not? I think TV mentioned that its good to have a mixture of big city schools and smaller schools where the education institution is a big deal. I think that the later certainly is applicable to the Dakota schools.

If thats denial and being on a pedestal, please knock me off.

Comment

Stu has two major flaws as I see it. Flaw #1 is he is not willing to except that SDSU is in FACT better then USD. We are bigger, we get more of the best and brightest from the State to attend (it isn't even close), we are the leading research school, we have more sports offerings, we were more successful at the D-II level - 8 National Championships vs. 2 for the praire pups, we are in a better conference - is there any question Summit vs. Great West, we have better fan support, the list goes on and on. We are THE school in SD and have been for a long long time.

Stu is a Michigan State grad he feels USD's pain of being the second best school in the state. He is letting his personal bias affect his writing - flaw #2.

Comment

I think the hatred with Stu Whitney might be more of a factor that he isn't Terry V. Anyone from the Argus that doesn't drool all over SDSU "sucks".
                              The reality is that Terry won't be around long at the Argus. Anyone with half a brain and using an unbiased measuring tool would summise that Terry has completely changed how the sports page is operated. He started the game blogs, the daily update blogs, the live chats, etc. He also writes a very good article and is very well-informed. He knows who is audience is, but also is not afraid to point out some things SDSU fans, coaches and players don't necessarily want to hear or think about. Unfortunately for us, he will soon move on to greener pastures than covering SDSU athletics for the Argus and Stu. He will be the second such journalist to do so in the past 5 years.

I've had an opportunity to share a beer with him when he was here in WI covering the SDSU v. UWM game last year. He is as good of a guy as he is a writer. Dude is passionate about his profession and sports.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                                The reality is that Terry won't be around long at the Argus. Anyone with half a brain and using an unbiased measuring tool would summise that Terry has completely changed how the sports page is operated. He started the game blogs, the daily update blogs, the live chats, etc. He also writes a very good article and is very well-informed. He knows who is audience is, but also is not afraid to point out some things SDSU fans, coaches and players don't necessarily want to hear or think about. Unfortunately for us, he will soon move on to greener pastures than covering SDSU athletics for the Argus and Stu. He will be the second such journalist to do so in the past 5 years.

I've had an opportunity to share a beer with him when he was here in WI covering the SDSU v. UWM game last year. He is as good of a guy as he is a writer. Dude is passionate about his profession and sports.
                                Couldn't agree more. I love reading his articles, updates, etc. I was thinking about this a few weeks ago and I think it won't be long til he leaves. They guy is really good! But I will say that if there is one thing that would keep him from the national scene it would be his television presence. I think he needs more experiece with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X