Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

"6:57 — More talk about the rabbit. It sounds like it will be thrown during the first quarter of the men's game."

This guy's a sports editor?????
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Those were pretty heady days for the 'Yotes when they were able to rub shoulders with us.
      Rep points for you!

Go State!

Comment

That was a great day for me as Ticket Manager. Sell out crowd. Two Jacks victories. And I was eyeballing the USD student section when they launched the jackrabbit. Pretty easy to spot the offenders.

I'd have to say that this write up personifies the USD-SDSU "rivalry". I know the guy was a student when he wrote it, but why re-publish now without a little (LOT) of self editing.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I believe Terry V is doing an article or a series on the death of the NCC sometime this week.
          I suppose this why Klinski got involved with his stuff which I dont want to waste space by commenting.

At any rate Terry V was on KFGO Fargo Radio this morning on a program called News and Views, and hosted by talk show host and former voice of the Bison and Sioux both, Ed Schultz. Eddy has an ego so Terry had a tough time getting his questions in but he did a good job.
          They talked about the great football games which never included SDSU or USD. Ed did mention the USD-SDSU rivalry once and that was to acknowledge its past existence in the NCC.

Good observation Jack JD. Twins usually are two in number, any exception is indeed news.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I had to chuckle about one point in Klinski's introduction of himself. He said he is the father of two twin boys. Since he's a professional writer, his writing is fair game:

Two twin boys? Redundant! Three (or more) twin boys would be interesting reading. A reference to one twin boy would suggest a story waiting to be told (reminds me of the famous Hemingway short story, complete in six-words: For sale: Baby shoes, never worn).
            Unless he's perusing this site and made a correction it actually reads
            I have twin boys -- almost 2 years old
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Looks like they took his blog entry off the sports page.

Probably a good idea. Better idea...don't put stupid crap on there in the first place, especially if they're posted by "professional journalists".
              I'm amazed everyday by the common sense(or lack thereof) used by people who call themselves "professionals".

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                Looks like they took his blog entry off the sports page.

Probably a good idea. Better idea...don't put stupid crap on there in the first place, especially if they're posted by "professional journalists".
                I'm amazed everyday by the common sense(or lack thereof) used by people who call themselves "professionals".

Go Jacks!!

Nevermind...common sense stikes again...it's back up on the site.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  Unless he's perusing this site and made a correction it actually reads
                  I've added to my prior post, pointing out that his blog introduction was corrected some time this afternoon (it had read "two twin boys" and now reads "twin boys"). Caught him!

I thought about sending Klinski a copy of Strunk & White's Elements of Style but decided not to do that. Filbert once called me a curmudgeon for sending out that little gem to those who hold themselves out as writers.

Added a few minutes later: Just in case someone is thinking about it: yes, we all make errors in our writing and everyone can benefit from a good editor. Errors in message-board posts are perfectly understandable due to the nature of the medium and the spur (maybe, spurt) of the moment thought process used in posting. I was having a little fun with Klinski's error which, while in a blog, was intended to be a "permanent" part of the blog and not something he just jotted down with little preparation or thought. All in good fun, Mr. Klinski! Keep reading SDSUFans.com!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Nevermind...common sense stikes again...it's back up on the site.

Go Jacks!!
                    And your comment is gone...and mine never even made it on there.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Propar I read your statement earlier in the day. I just looked over the article and the grabbing breast line has been taken out also. Look like Mr. Klinski just learned the difference between the Argus and the Volante.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I had not read the full timeline in the Klinski story but I have followed today's posts on this thread. After some posters noted Klinski shortened his timeline, I checked the actual story as it appeared in the Volante (Klinski continues to have a link). The reference to the breast-grabbing states:

7:57 — An SDSU woman wearing a "Screw the U" T-shirt gets her breast grabbed by a Coyote Crazie as she walks by. She turns around with a smile and flips him off. USD fans cheer.

Since it is clear Klinski is following this thread, it seems likely that Klinski will now take off the link to the actual Volante story. So, here's the link to the Volante story which appeared 1/30/02.

Keep in mind that in 2002, the guy was a college kid writing for his college paper. In fairness, it should be noted the editorial content of the SDSU Collegian a few years ago, was embarassing and at times highly offensive. They're college kids.

Comment

Either way, the blog/article only confirmed and strengthened my view of never playing USD again.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

What I dont understand is why these young folks think everything they do is kind of cute. What does that say for maturity? What about the athletes on the floor, are they not worthy of watching. After all its what they came for. I hope President Abbott takes a good look at this board and if he is sincere about working with SDSU, then he needs to clean up the act at athletic events and how they behave on out of town trips too. There is no excuse for this stuff and its not cute.

College kids do not have to act in an immature manner and a good number of them do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              What I dont understand is why these young folks think everything they do is kind of cute. What does that say for maturity? What about the athletes on the floor, are they not worthy of watching. After all its what they came for. I hope President Abbott takes a good look at this board and if he is sincere about working with SDSU, then he needs to clean up the act at athletic events and how they behave on out of town trips too. There is no excuse for this stuff and its not cute.

College kids do not have to act in an immature manner and a good number of them do not.
                              Well, college kids are, after all, college kids.

What's troubling is that most people, when they graduate from college and enter adult life, have the self-awareness to actually be embarrassed when they think back over the embarrassing things they did in college--unlike, apparently, certain assistant sports editors for Sioux Falls newspapers.

Part of the real problem is of course that a vocal segment of our population no longer considers the antics in the article in question as being embarrassing.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It really shows the intelligence of the USD writer....Football is played in a stadium....Basketball is played in an Arena....and times have not changed...if you can fog a mirror, you are immediately accepted into the "U"
                                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X