Kingsbury County towns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stu Strikes Again!

I thought it was pretty good too. One thing nobody seems to mention is that there are men's teams that turn down the NIT also. It didn't happen this year but has happened in the past.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Maybe the best thing he has ever written about SDSU! It wasn't a wholehearted endorsement but a good start. He's probably tired of Terry showing him up!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

gotta give credit where it is due.

Hey, at least he came to the game...and wrote a good article.

Maybe he learned a couple of things last night...especially after his rude comments from a week ago.

Comment

My section was riding him hard the whole game. Even got a response outta him. "Today Stu, tomorrow Mick." To which he replied, "Keep dreaming."

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
            I thought it was ok to pretty good.  :-/

Go State!  
            Yeah, I thought is was pretty good. I even like this quote:

SDSU's wild-eyed wall of students with yellow-and-blue body paint spelled out a simple message Thursday:

You Can't Stop Us!!

Heck, maybe they're right.
            It even sounds like maybe he is willing to change his opinion about the move to D-1. This women's team is starting to convince the nay-sayers that maybe this D-1 thing is a good thing.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

It's gotta be a trap! :-/ :-/

I enjoyed the article, actually chuckled here and there.

Comment

I don't know what got into Stu, but he did a very good job on this column.  I do think he has been impressed all along with the women's BB program He seem to have paraphrased more than once "Other than the women's bb at SDSU, (insert insult here) about SDSU' move to D1.

I do think that when SDSU does not put a good product on the floor or field, we do deserve to be the subject of ridicule. Thank you Stu for the good column yesterday. and if SDSU stinks we can be assured there is no free right from you. Perhaps that needs to be applied on an equal basis for every team that he reports on, even USD.

Comment

He may finally be seeing that this whole D-1 thing is catching the interest of the entire state and not just us hardcore rabbit fans. For him to have job security, he needs to start writing some positive things about SDSU becasue THEY ARE THERE.

What is he going to be writing about while USD is in the depths of transition and we are competng for conference and NCAA titles? Should be interesting! :-/ :-/ :-/

Keep it up Stu! Writing factual and positive things about SDSU will help you sell more papers and keep your job despite your obvious lask of writing skill! :-[ Gotta give you credit though, you do know how to hire which is a very admirable quality in a manager. Terry is outstanding.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I thought Stu did a very nice job on the article. I was just reading the sports section of the Argus and didn't realize Stu had written the article till I saw his name on the bottom. You can usually smell a Stu column a mile away, but you have to give him credit for that piece of work, he actually complimented SDSU.

Comment

I smell a conspiracy... I think he hired a ghost-writer! ;D
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                        I smell a conspiracy... I think he hired a ghost-writer!  ;D
                        Stu was there I saw him use his hunt and peck method of typing during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack
                          I thought Stu did a very nice job on the article. I was just reading the sports section of the Argus and didn't realize Stu had written the article till I saw his name on the bottom. You can usually smell a Stu column a mile away, but you have to give him credit for that piece of work, he actually complimented SDSU.
                          I have to agree with you. I did the same thing and read most of it thinking that Terry had written it. I was reading it on-line and when I finished, went to the top to check the byline, an lo and behold it was Stu. Just a minor dig at the WNIT, but a compliment to SDSU from Stu is a milestone. Thought it was a very good column.

Comment

Stu Finds His Calling.
                            http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...0140326/0/NEWS
                            Does roller derby really have a shot?
                            There were a few puzzled looks as people arrived at the Sioux Empire Fairgrounds for Saturday's home opener of the Sioux Falls Roller Dollz.

"Is this for the roller derby?" asked one woman, looking suspiciously at all the cars in the parking lot.

Yes, she was told. This is for the roller derby.
                            "But is there something else going on?" she persisted, and her incredulity made sense.

It's tough not to marvel at the appeal of these second-year Roller Dollz, who drew 1,300 fans for a rollicking bout against the Minnesota RollerGirls at the Expo Building - a lopsided affair that saw the home team fall 180-47.

Of course, as soon as Minnesota's Harmony Killerbruise started tossing bodies around, it was clear this nostalgia-heavy scene didn't hinge on winning or losing.

"As a guy, watching girls knock each other around on skates - that ain't half bad," said 34-year-old Travis Lacey of Sioux Falls, who attended with several friends. "There are so many minor-league sports and other events in Sioux Falls, and this is just something new."

And also something old. There's a retro feel to roller derby, which is easy to achieve in the Expo Building. With the archaic hockey scoreboard, fuzzy sound system and blue-collar fans pounding Pabst, this could have been 1974 in any mid-sized city in America.

The Dollz were mentored at first by the Minnesota team, a four-year-old club whose experience was evident during Saturday's drubbing. The Minneapolis crew came down to help train the Sioux Falls newcomers for their first bout last winter.

"The day their coach came down and ran drills, we had three girls quit," says Elizabeth. "Two of them were throwing up in the bathroom. But it helped us retain the girls who are serious about it. They'll come to practice and get the crap beat out of them, and keep coming back for more."

The oldest Roller Doll is 45, and the youngest 19. There are two grandmas, several stay-at-home moms, a few nurses, and plenty of college students.

He urged them to keep their cool during Saturday's bout - not like in a 107-78 road loss to the Omaha Roller Girls on Sept. 22, when a full-scale brawl broke out.
                            "It was insane," says Elizabeth Nelson of that bout, held in a cramped roller rink. "One of their girls punched out one of our fans. It was like, What? This girl was a bruiser, and she was ejected late in the bout. As she skated off, the fan was yelling at her, and she punched him several times."

Comment

I can't believe the Argus put Stu's column about the 11AA title game on the front cover...complete with Stu's column photo!

And it gets worse: Stu is now the acting Sports Editor...

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                                I can't believe the Argus put Stu's column about the 11AA title game on the front cover...complete with Stu's column photo!

And it gets worse: Stu is now the acting Sports Editor...
                                Stu is the acting sports editor, so he puts his picture on the front page...is anyone suprised?

Comment

Working...
                                X