X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by goon
    For those who haven't read it yet, U dot has an article in the volante summing up the state/U rivilary.  Just another pointless cheap shot usd students take at state.  A classy bunch down there.
    Here is a link.  You might have to register but it is free.

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...p;mkey=2431757

Comment

And they just can't seem to figure out why we are in no hurry to restart the rivalry.  :-?

"Harvard of the Plains" ya right.   :

They will always be our tag along little brother.   ;D

Go State!  

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
        "Harvard of the Plains" ya right. :
        How about "Berkeley of the Trailer Court" ?

Comment

Sticks and stones. It'll be settled on the field like it was previously. Good luck to USD as they continue to pursue us. Our focus will remain forward not looking back. We aren't going to be foolish and prideful. SDSU knows where it stands, we don't need to try to belittle others to bolster any insecurities.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

February 24th at 11:45 am.

You might ask what this time and date represents???

Well.............................................. .....................it's the last time ANYONE has posted on the USD fan board!! ;D
            And they're in the beginning stages of a basketball playoff run for God's sake!!  And their men's basketball just tied for first place in the "self proclaimed, toughest D-II conference in the country"!!
            http://coyotesports.proboards100.com/index.cgi

OH, I forgot, they RULE the D-II fan board. :

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It will be interesting too watch USD's attendence levels when their basketball teams are struggling through the transition phase.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
                February 24th at 11:45 am.

You might ask what this time and date represents???

Well.............................................. .....................it's the last time ANYONE has posted on the USD fan board!! ;D
                http://coyotesports.proboards100.com/index.cgi

OH, I forgot, they RULE the D-II fan board. :

Go Jacks!!
                . . . and the banner at the top of the USD forum index page is still flashing football information!

Comment

I think we owe a big thanks to Filbert and 89Rabbit for keeping our fan board alive and well. Someone has to do it and I thank you guys for all that you do for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                    I think we owe a big thanks to Filbert and 89Rabbit for keeping our fan board alive and well.  Someone has to do it and I thank you guys for all that you do for us.  
                    Brown noser. Im just kidding, but seriouly, it might have to do with the over 800 members that we have and the support that SDSU fans show, I think is obivous who has the better fans around.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I hope that USD fans aren't holding their breath at the chance to play SDSU again in football because it's simply NOT going to happen. With our entrance into the Gateway, we'll have eight of eleven games scheduled EVERY season. Add one annual money game against a BCS school, current contracts, and a strong fan desire to keep playing Cal-Poly, UC-Davis, and SUU on a semi-regular basis, you get absolutely ZERO room on the SDSU schedule for USD.

Well, all is not lost for USD fans. The remaining GWFC schools probably already have you down on their future schedules (maybe even in 2008 now) and the Montana schools are always eager to host schools like you.

Comment

Us getting into the Gateway is definitely not good news for the U. It definitely puts some more space in between us and them. It not only makes it harder for them harder to us on their schedule, it will nearly be impossible for USD to schedule NDSU or UNI. Not a good time to be a Coyote.
                        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

With the Gateway announcement coming today, SDSU has been very fortunate to have gained solid conference affiliations before the transition period has ended. Frankly, we're very lucky! Not that SDSU isn't an attractive school to conferences but when no one is looking it doesn't matter how attractive you are. Things fell into place for SDSU with the Mid-Con and the Gateway and it is great!

USD will have to hope for something similar if not larger to happen for them to gain affiliation because they don't bring an as attractive a total package to the table. USD will find out that this transition thing flat-out sucks and I hope they are able to get out of it quickly because that is good for the state! I just don't see how it is going to happen!

The Gateway announcement does help USD in the fact that the GWFC will need teams quickly so USD and UND will no doubt be added. I can't wait to see how they fare in comparison!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I have seen no statistics and I am too lazy to go looking for them.  But it seems like there is a lot more press and discussion about teams moving up a division than down a division.  If this is really true, then something is going to have to change.

Conferences will have to get larger or  perhaps a new conference will be formed.  In either case, the auto-bids will be harder for an individual university to obtain.  Perhaps other sports will split into two levels of DI like football.  (This is speculation on my part, not an attempt to start a new rumor  )

Things fell into place very well for SDSU.  They happened a lot differently than most predicted when the Jacks started the transition process.  Some refer to this as luck.  Perhaps similar things will happen for USD.  No, they are not predicted, but again, neither was our good fortune.

The UxD's have both had respectable football in DII but moving to the Great West will prove to be a daunting challenge.  With SUU increasing its' scholarships and level of play even a good football team will land the UxD's at the bottom of the conference since the GWFC currently has NO lower tier teams.

Comment

Originally posted by gatewayrabbit
                              Us getting into the Gateway is definitely not good news for the U.  It definitely puts some more space in between us and them.  It not only makes it harder for them harder to us on their schedule, it will nearly be impossible for USD to schedule NDSU or UNI.  Not a good time to be a Coyote.
                              I believe UNI opens up the 2008 season at home against USD.

Comment

So here is a quote from the Coyote Board.

I have no problem with Jacks fans posting things that happen with their school on our website but I can tell you one thing. If a USD fan posted something positive about USD, or anything for that matter on the Jacks board there would be a 10 page long thread by SDSU fans being critical and snippy towards USD. USD=Class.
                                Is all I have to say is that news about USD really has no impact on SDSU after today.  If USD gets into the GWFC, it will not impact SDSU at all.  If SDSU leaves the GWFC, then this is also news to USD and they should know about it.  If SDSU gets into the Mid-Con and leaves the Independent world, then this is also news that USD needs to know about because it will impact USD as well as SDSU.  If USD were to get into the Big Sky, it would have no impact upon SDSU.

Just remember 'Yote fans if you want into the Mid-Con, you need the support of SDSU.  If you want into the Gateway, you need the support of SDSU.  If you want to schedule games with SDSU during the transition, you will have to beg like a dog (or 'Yote).  The tail (bunny tail in this case) does wag the dog (or 'Yote in this case).  Have fun during the transition phase of your reclassification.

Remember, this is the smack section and I'm just having a little fun. ;D ;D ;D

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X