This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Be careful now...I have noted that when Coyote Fan is cornered, he resorts to saying things like "I'm just telling the truth..." or "I'm just stating the facts..." By making a simple declaration, he thinks he has the stronger argument.

How can you debate with a fellow who declares he is always right?
    Last edited by JackJD; 03-13-2008, 11:40 AM.

Comment

There is really only one thing I can add about Coyote "Fan"...

THANK GOD he is a COYOTE FAN and not a Jacks Fan.

"With friends like this guy...who needs enemies?"

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Be careful now...I have noted that when Coyote Fan is cornered, he resorts to saying things like "I'm just telling the truth..." or "I'm just stating the facts..." By making a simple declaration, he thinks he has the stronger argument.

How can you debate with a fellow who declares he is always right?
        I don't trust people who have to explicitly tell me when they're not making stuff up.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I don't trust people who have to explicitly tell me when they're not making stuff up.
          rep points

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Looks like Udot bowed out against NSU.

Augie beat MSUM and will be the only NCC team in the semis. They get NSU their future conference mate in the next round so at least there will be a South Dakota team in the region championship. Could be an all NSIC final if Winona is as good as billed.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well, I was wrong. I actually thought the USD men would win a couple of games in the playoffs. Instead they got dumped in their first game by Northern. Obviously the Yotie men were over-rated and over-hyped from day one, just like their over-hyped football team. Maybe the women's basketball team will salvage the school's image a little. It's going to be a very long haul for the USD men when they start playing D-I teams on a regular basis instead of filling half their schedules with NAIA teams.
              This space for lease.

Comment

At least Udots football team can schedule even more NAIA schools going up a division. I bet they are really happy about that. They get more scholarship players and get to play more NAIA teams. Isn’t that part of their strategy for success?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Looks like Udot bowed out against NSU.

Augie beat MSUM and will be the only NCC team in the semis. They get NSU their future conference mate in the next round so at least there will be a South Dakota team in the region championship. Could be an all NSIC final if Winona is as good as billed.
                  Just looked at the Argus and I see UNO made the regional too. I guess they could also represent the NCC in the semis. Kind of forgot about them.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Now USD can focus on their glorious transition to the Division 1 level! Hehehehe!!!

Nice job U.pups! That has got to be a tough way to end the D2 and sure won't give their fans much to be fired up about.

Good louck 'Yotes, you are definitely going to need it!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

At least the USD women are pretty good. How good are they, you ask? Let me handle that one for CoyoteFan by channeling the genius of Chad Lavin.

Lavin logic: UND, a top-30 D1 team, was beaten by Wayne State, making Wayne a top 20 D1 team. Wayne was beaten by Minnesota State, Mankato. Therefore, MSUM is a top 15 D1 team. And USD will beat MSUM, meaning USD would be a top 10 D1 team. Though we're not willing to admit it (because we're all wearing SDSU-yellow-and-blue glasses) in the Dome, USD would be favored over Tennessee by about 40-billion points. In Knoxville, they'd only be a 20-billion point favorite. As always, there'd be about 200,000 packed into the "Danger Dome" to see that game.

Actually, Tennessee is scared of USD and has been ducking the Coyotes for years.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

At least the USD women are pretty good. How good are they, you ask? Let me handle that one for CoyoteFan by channeling the genius of Chad Lavin.

Lavin logic: UND, a top-30 D1 team, was beaten by Wayne State, making Wayne a top 20 D1 team. Wayne was beaten by Minnesota State, Mankato. Therefore, MSUM is a top 15 D1 team. And USD will beat MSUM, meaning USD would be a top 10 D1 team. Though we're not willing to admit it (because we're all wearing SDSU-yellow-and-blue glasses) in the Dome, USD would be favored over Tennessee by about 40-billion points. In Knoxville, they'd only be a 20-billion point favorite. As always, there'd be about 200,000 packed into the "Danger Dome" to see that game.

Actually, Tennessee is scared of USD and has been ducking the Coyotes for years.
                        I can't see how that could be disputed!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          I can't see how that could be disputed!

SUPERBUNNY
                          Apparently, it can be disputed. Some Coyote fan (perhaps CoyoteFan) gave me negative rep points for that one. And just when we had gotten him up into the green again...

Nevertheless, I am rooting for the Coyotes (remember, there's a former Jackrabbit on that team) to win the whole thing. It does none of us any good for USD to fail in D1, and sending the USD women's basketball team to D1 with a national title (as we know) is a good start.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Don't feel too bad, JJ, Someone gave moi negative rep points for being a "kiss-butt". But I have more greens than reds, so screw 'em!

And I gave you postive karma points to make up for that dinkus having a temper tantrum!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Apparently, it can be disputed. Some Coyote fan (perhaps CoyoteFan) gave me negative rep points for that one. And just when we had gotten him up into the green again...

Nevertheless, I am rooting for the Coyotes (remember, there's a former Jackrabbit on that team) to win the whole thing. It does none of us any good for USD to fail in D1, and sending the USD women's basketball team to D1 with a national title (as we know) is a good start.
                              It would also help if they had more than 1 of their top 5 players back.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                                It would also help if they had more than 1 of their top 5 players back.
                                Its not just that they are loosing 4 SR who are in the 5 five for scoring this year. 3 of thier trasfer players leave to graduation. 4 or the top 8 scorers are trasfers to usd. 2 D-1 and 2 D-2 transfers. To me it seems like a long up hill challenge for the womens team. No longer will they get trasfers and will have to rely on recruiting and devoloping more of its own freshman. With a new coach taking over it doesnt sound like an easy start to the process of D-1 transition. With what appears to be a ok, but not talented Jr class leading the way. I hope they enjoy the sucsess they are having this year because I dont really see any coming anytime soon.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X