X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
    You dream. I think they need to check the toxin levels of the drinking water up there on The Farm. It seems the water runoff from the fields is polluting the drinking water to dangerously high levels causing delusion. Some of you may be saved, for many of you it is to late.
    If you'd bother to check, it all runs downstream, so by my calculations all the toxins and other s*** ends up down in the neighborhood of the dump.

Comment

Yes, USD and Vermillion may not reek of urban sophistication, but at least we leave our cowbells at home.
      Apparently you haven't been to a SDSU game in a while. Who can blame you. Who would want to come up here to watch the Jacks play in the WNIT, defeat the #1 team in the FCS and win a conference title, or see a volleyball team that qualified for the NCAA's when you can go to Vermillion to watch MBB against such powers as Peru State, Midland Luthern and WBB aganinst Colorado Christian and something called Mount Mercy,

Comment

I don't know what a mount mercy is but it seems scary. NT

Comment

The Farm is how I and many others refer to Coughlin Alumni. I wasn't referring to your whole campus, though if you want to wear that shoe, it fits. You know, kinda like how Stanford has their games "down on The Farm". But don't start comparing yourselves to Stanford. I mean it's delusional enough to think that State is better than the U, but Stanford, that will get you committed.

My smack is light hearted and in good fun. Boxerboy, still not sure about yours. You need to watch filbert in action. Filbert, well played...and funny.

Yes, USD and Vermillion may not reek of urban sophistication, but at least we leave our cowbells at home.
          Quite honestly there was nothing light hearted intended for you Yote boy. If I want to be cute I'd write it somewhere else. I also don't particularly think your posts are light hearted and I don't give a rip what you think, but way to suck up to the moderator.

Comment

Why would a coyote fan own cowbells? Yote, you're really a Jacks fan, aren't you?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

You won't see me compare SDSU to USD because there just isn't a comparison, period!

SDSU is everything that USD wishes it could be. I like how Yote53 compares us to Stanford. Well, I'll take that company and considering that SDSU is rated as a top 5 research institution, you bet your sweet ass we compare to some of those schools.

What gets my goat is when someone tries to compare Vermillion to Brookings.

A couple of little known facts about Brookings:
              1. Brookings has more trees per capita than any other city in the US outside of a forest area.
              2. Brookings was the second city in the nation to have all of its streets lit.
              3. The water treatment plant was the best in the nation when installed.
              4. Brookings is the world headquarters for Larson Manufacturing, Daktronics, and Rainbow Play Systems which are the undisputed leaders in their indutstries.
              5. Brookings is also home to a very solid core of businesses including 3M's most profitable plant, VeraSun Energy, and many other great companies.
              7. Brookings has a great selection of dining and entertainment options.
              6. Let's not forget that Brookings is home to SDSU. The land-grant, flagship, largest, and best university in the state of South Dakota.

A couple of well-known facts about USD and Vermillion:
              1. Vermillion is a s***hole.
              2. The Dakota Dump is the worlds largest septic tank capable of handling all of the crap that comes out of USD.
              3. Vermillion has fewer teeth per person than anywhere north of Arkansas! Must be that great water!
              4. People head to the nicest place in town to celebrate, Country Kitchen! Tasty!
              5. The leadership of USD has a clear-cut vision that doesn't change. They will follow SDSU butt wherever we go!

Yote53, you can call SDSU the farm all you want because life on the farm ain't to bad. Consider yourself smacked down!

To those that I have offended by stating the truth about USD and Vermillion, I apologize and invite you to enjoy the good life out on the farm in Brookings. The cool things is that absolutely everything is better in blue and yellow!

Wow, there's 10 minutes of my life gone forever!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I see the USD womens bb schedule is out. Looks like they will be declaring their first year of Division I a success. State scheduled a tough set of teams to play. USD scheduled a bunch of whos and Div II and NAIA schools with the exception of UNC.
                2008-09 Coyote Women’s Basketball Schedule
                Date Opponent Location Time
                Nov. 15 Northwest Missouri State University VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                Nov. 16 Bemidji State University VERMILLION 1:00 PM

Nov. 19 Northwestern College Orange City, Iowa 7:00 PM
                Nov. 22 University of Minnesota-Duluth VERMILLION 4:00 PM
                Nov. 24 Mount Marty College VERMILLION 7:00 PM

Nov. 25 Buena Vista University Storm Lake, Iowa 7:00 PM
                Nov. 29 Dixie State College VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                Dec. 11 Mayville State University VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                Dec. 13 College of Saint Mary VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                Dec. 20 University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                Dec. 21 University of Northern Iowa* VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                Dec. 29 Concordia University, St. Paul VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                Dec. 30 University of Nebraska-Kearney VERMILLION 6:00 PM

Jan. 2 Colorado School of Mines Golden, Colo. 3:00 PM
                Jan. 3 Colorado State University* Fort Collins, Colo. 3:00 PM
                Jan. 5 University of Colorado-Colorado Springs Colorado Springs, Colo. 7:00 PM
                Jan. 16 Houston Baptist University* Houston, Texas 7:05 PM
                Jan. 21 University of Sioux Falls VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                Jan. 24 University of North Dakota* Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 PM
                Jan. 31 University of North Dakota* VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                Feb. 1 Mt. Mercy College VERMILLION 3:00 PM

Feb. 7 Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville* Edwardsville, Ill. 5:30 PM
                Feb. 14 Seattle University* Seattle, Wash. 5:30 PM
                Feb. 16 Houston Baptist University* VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                Feb. 21 Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville* VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                Feb. 28 Seattle University* VERMILLION 6:00 PM

Mar. 7 Independent Tournament* Grand Forks, N.D. TBA
                Mar. 8 Independent Tournament* Grand Forks, N.D. TBA
                Mar. 15 University of North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. 4:00 PM
                Home games in BOLD
                Schedule subject to change
                All times Central Standard Time
                * = NCAA Division I opponent

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  I see the USD womens bb schedule is out. Looks like they will be declaring their first year of Division I a success. State scheduled a tough set of teams to play. USD scheduled a bunch of whos and Div II and NAIA schools with the exception of UNC.
                  2008-09 Coyote Women’s Basketball Schedule
                  Date Opponent Location Time
                  Nov. 15 Northwest Missouri State University VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                  Nov. 16 Bemidji State University VERMILLION 1:00 PM

Nov. 19 Northwestern College Orange City, Iowa 7:00 PM
                  Nov. 22 University of Minnesota-Duluth VERMILLION 4:00 PM
                  Nov. 24 Mount Marty College VERMILLION 7:00 PM

Nov. 25 Buena Vista University Storm Lake, Iowa 7:00 PM
                  Nov. 29 Dixie State College VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                  Dec. 11 Mayville State University VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                  Dec. 13 College of Saint Mary VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                  Dec. 20 University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                  Dec. 21 University of Northern Iowa* VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                  Dec. 29 Concordia University, St. Paul VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                  Dec. 30 University of Nebraska-Kearney VERMILLION 6:00 PM

Jan. 2 Colorado School of Mines Golden, Colo. 3:00 PM
                  Jan. 3 Colorado State University* Fort Collins, Colo. 3:00 PM
                  Jan. 5 University of Colorado-Colorado Springs Colorado Springs, Colo. 7:00 PM
                  Jan. 16 Houston Baptist University* Houston, Texas 7:05 PM
                  Jan. 21 University of Sioux Falls VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                  Jan. 24 University of North Dakota* Grand Forks, N.D. 2:00 PM
                  Jan. 31 University of North Dakota* VERMILLION 1:00 PM
                  Feb. 1 Mt. Mercy College VERMILLION 3:00 PM

Feb. 7 Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville* Edwardsville, Ill. 5:30 PM
                  Feb. 14 Seattle University* Seattle, Wash. 5:30 PM
                  Feb. 16 Houston Baptist University* VERMILLION 7:00 PM
                  Feb. 21 Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville* VERMILLION 6:00 PM
                  Feb. 28 Seattle University* VERMILLION 6:00 PM

Mar. 7 Independent Tournament* Grand Forks, N.D. TBA
                  Mar. 8 Independent Tournament* Grand Forks, N.D. TBA
                  Mar. 15 University of North Carolina* Chapel Hill, N.C. 4:00 PM
                  Home games in BOLD
                  Schedule subject to change
                  All times Central Standard Time
                  * = NCAA Division I opponent

What a schedule! Missouri, Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Colorado, Houston, and North Carolina!

Oops, check that.

These aren't the big dogs, they're the pups like the 'Yotes:

N W Missouri State
                  Northwestern College
                  Minnesota-Duluth
                  Wisconsin-Eau Claire
                  Nebraska-Kearney
                  Colorado-School of Mines and U of C-Colorado Springs
                  Houston-Baptist

They do have North Carolina and Colorado State but the rest of that schedule is emberassing.

Look at some of the road games. Northwestern College and Buena Vista? WOW!

I went back and checked SDSU's schedule the first year of D1. Yep, it looks a little different. Check it out.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2004

You just watch, they will probably have a better record than us playing nobody and then the comparison about how they would beat us will come again. BTW-my guess is our record will still be better but it will happen if it isn't.

Seriously, we would wipe them by 40+!

GB, GB, GJ1

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

USD's Year One D-I schedule summary:

Vs. D-I counters and non-counters:
                    Northern Iowa
                    at Colorado State
                    at North Dakota *
                    North Dakota *
                    at SIU-Edwardsville *
                    at Seattle *
                    Houston Baptist *
                    SIU-Edwardsville *
                    Seattle
                    vs. Independent @ Grand Forks *
                    vs. Independent @ Grand Forks *
                    at North Carolina *

Vs. D-I counters:
                    Northern Iowa
                    at Colorado State
                    at North Carolina

Schedule is self-smacking. No further emphasis needed.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      What a schedule! Missouri, Northwestern, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Colorado, Houston, and North Carolina!

Oops, check that.

These aren't the big dogs, they're the pups like the 'Yotes:

N W Missouri State
                      Northwestern College
                      Minnesota-Duluth
                      Wisconsin-Eau Claire
                      Nebraska-Kearney
                      Colorado-School of Mines and U of C-Colorado Springs
                      Houston-Baptist

They do have North Carolina and Colorado State but the rest of that schedule is emberassing.

Look at some of the road games. Northwestern College and Buena Vista? WOW!

I went back and checked SDSU's schedule the first year of D1. Yep, it looks a little different. Check it out.

http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.d...&Q_SEASON=2004

You just watch, they will probably have a better record than us playing nobody and then the comparison about how they would beat us will come again. BTW-my guess is our record will still be better but it will happen if it isn't.

Seriously, we would wipe them by 40+!

GB, GB, GJ1

SUPERBUNNY
                      Granted, Yotes are in their first transition, but according to NCAA rules, all but 4 of the contests MUST be against D-I opponents to count as a D-I opponent. By that standard, is this year going to meet the requirements for next year to be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Granted, Yotes are in their first transition, but according to NCAA rules, all but 4 of the contests MUST be against D-I opponents to count as a D-I opponent. By that standard, is this year going to meet the requirements for next year to be ok?
                        You don't have to meet the schedule requirements to be a "counter" until year 2 of the transition. Year 1 is truly a lost and miserable year--you aren't D-II but you aren't D-I, either.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          Year 1 is truly a lost and miserable year
                          How is that different from any other year at the u?
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

USD absolutely deserves to be smacked for this schedule. You will not see me standing up for this garbage schedule in any way shape or form. This shows me that USD isn't very serious about being in D1. First a crummy football schedule and now this total embarrassment of a schedule. Can we not even call this a schedule. It's more like the trail of embarrassment.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Seems like they would have had a more respectable schedule if they would have stayed D-II and gone into the Northern Sun... sheesh!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I know its a smack thread but smack aside; I can't help but feel sorry for the players. How would you like to be a player on a DI team traveling to NAIA schools to play in front of a few hundred people while walking over a clearly inferior opponent. These women won't get the opportunity to play this level of competition for many more years. They can't get this year back. The transition will be used as an excuse and it definitely plays a role. However, something else is at play here as well.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X