X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official USD to D-I Smack Thread

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not in legal jeopardy. Next time those darned kids come on my property, I'll just strap an onion to my belt (which was the style at the time), hike my pants up just under my chest, pop a Werther's into my mouth, swallow a big swig of Geritol and take a long, 10 mph drive around the neighborhood all the while grumbling under my breath about how that crazy Rock 'n Roll music has ruined the world.

Just don't give the kids an invitation to use your property as their track and you should be ok as far as them suing you. I echo JD's suggestion to buy an umbrella policy. Cheapest and best insurance you can buy. Generally you are only paying an additional $200-$300 per year for a huge bump in insurance coverage. Just make sure you specifically ask for BOTH Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage. Write those terms down and make sure they're on your policy. UM & UIM. Need em both.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

We used to get yelled at for playing football in a vacant lot by people like you "old geezers".
      It was a pain in the rear having to look out for water shut off valves and dodging trees.

Then the school district was nice enough to clear some land and we had an area the size of three football fields to kill each other on.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        Just don't give the kids an invitation to use your property as their track and you should be ok as far as them suing you. I echo JD's suggestion to buy an umbrella policy. Cheapest and best insurance you can buy. Generally you are only paying an additional $200-$300 per year for a huge bump in insurance coverage. Just make sure you specifically ask for BOTH Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage. Write those terms down and make sure they're on your policy. UM & UIM. Need em both.
        Umbrella policy, definitely a must. One of the first things I obtained when I joined the clinic.

For the lawyers:

What about my Rainbow Playsystem? If a neighbor kid breaks his neck what would they have on me? Understanding that I have given them permission to play on the thing.

As for the Udot boys, hows the baseball team doing this year?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Umbrella policy, definitely a must. One of the first things I obtained when I joined the clinic.
          Priced an umbrella with State Farm today. $227 for $1 million. That's a pretty good price for some piece of mind. And the yellow tape goes up this week to keep the neighbor ATVs off my new dirt (arriving Thursday) and, potentially, grass that will be planted next week once the sprinkler system goes in.

Back to the topic: I have heard the USD and Central Florida rumor as well. That's a good get for them. UCF is an up-and-coming program with a new stadium.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

For the lawyers:

What about my Rainbow Playsystem? If a neighbor kid breaks his neck what would they have on me? Understanding that I have given them permission to play on the thing.

As for the Udot boys, hows the baseball team doing this year?
            Dynamite Udot drop-in there Monty! Rep points! LMAO!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Wow, look at this schedule!

USD releases 2008 football schedule
              Mick Garry • April 22, 2008

The University of South Dakota’s 2008 football schedule – the Coyotes’ first outside the North Central Conference and NCAA Division II – will feature several big-time road games and several small-time home games.

USD, in its first year playing a transitional NCAA Football Championship Series schedule, will play on the road six times – with five of those games against FCS opponents.

The Coyotes will play five home games, with four of them coming against NCAA Division II opponents or lower.

Coach Ed Meierkort’s team will have a 20-day break between its Oct. 11th homecoming game against Missouri S&T and a Nov. 1 road game at North Greenville (S.C.) University.

USD concludes its season with a home game against longtime NCC rival North Dakota, which is also making the transition to FCS.

The schedule, released Tuesday, is as follows:
              Aug. 30 – St. Ambrose (home), time TBA
              Sept. 6 – at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
              Sept. 13 – at Southeastern Louisiana, 6 p.m.
              Sept. 20 – Culver-Stockton (home), 2 p.m.
              Sept. 27 – at Montana State, 1:05 p.m.
              Oct. 4 – at Cal Poly, 6:05 p.m.
              Oct. 11 – Missouri S&T (home), 2 p.m.
              Nov. 1 – at North Greenville (S.C.), 11 a.m.
              Nov. 8 – Southern Oregon (home), 2 p.m.
              Nov. 15 – at Southern Utah, 2 p.m.
              Nov. 22 – North Dakota (home), 2 p.m.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80422036

Comment

Culver-Stockton was 1-10 last year losing to such powerhouses as MidAmerican Nazarene 77-36, Benedictine 41-0, Baker 40-14, and winning against Evangel by 3. I laughed so hard I was crying when I saw this schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by tlk23 View Post
                  Culver-Stockton was 1-10 last year losing to such powerhouses as MidAmerican Nazarene 77-36, Benedictine 41-0, Baker 40-14, and winning against Evangel by 3. I laughed so hard I was crying when I saw this schedule.
                  What is worse laughing so hard you could cry at a schedule or crying so loud that you could laugh when losing one of those laughable home games. AKA LaCrosse. Now that is laughable.
                  How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                    What is worse laughing so hard you could cry at a schedule or crying so loud that you could laugh when losing one of those laughable home games. AKA LaCrosse. Now that is laughable.
                    LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CROSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/old and busted
                    /thank you for playing
                    /may I subscribe to your newsletter?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seriously, if you don't look at that schedule and smirk a bit you can't come on here and claim to be objective about Coyote sports anymore.
                      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Hey Yote fan, try to remember what happened on September 20, 2003 (to your own team)before you write your next piece of garbage. In 2004 you actually squeaked one out by 1 something like 45-44. I wouldn't start pointing fingers or be real proud of your boys efforts.
                        If your going to be Div. I remember your own history before you come on here and gloat, and grow up already. Try acting like you belong instead of acting like that annoying, pesky, know it all, little brother that everyone just wants to beat the hell out of because he's such a Loser.

Comment

Atleast people know where Wisconsin LaCrosse is located. Culver-Stockten? Wasn't Black Hills State available? How about O'Gorman? How far down on the list is Stockton? USD is thier only non-conference game this year.

Comment

We pay a price in 2008 but 2009 is looking pretty sweet, even the Jack Faithful must admit that. Those who lived in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, you were in the same position as we are now at one time.

South Dakota also announced opponents for the 2009 season. Currently they have agreed to games either verbally or contractually with 10 different teams. Eight of the 10 teams are NCAA Division I teams and 2009 will include a complete four-game Great West Football Conference schedule. USD will host McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Utah, UC-Davis, West Texas A&M and William Penn. The Coyotes will travel to Cal Poly, North Dakota, Northern Colorado and Northern Iowa.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=4432

As for LaCrosse, we squeeked it out by one point, yes, but a win is a win, and we were a 36 schollie D2 team at the time. It was an embarassing loss for you guys at the time, but I think you made up for it by taking down the Bison this past season. Did I just say something nice about the Jacks? I must go do penance.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                              We pay a price in 2008 but 2009 is looking pretty sweet, even the Jack Faithful must admit that. Those who lived in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, you were in the same position as we are now at one time.

South Dakota also announced opponents for the 2009 season. Currently they have agreed to games either verbally or contractually with 10 different teams. Eight of the 10 teams are NCAA Division I teams and 2009 will include a complete four-game Great West Football Conference schedule. USD will host McNeese State, Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Utah, UC-Davis, West Texas A&M and William Penn. The Coyotes will travel to Cal Poly, North Dakota, Northern Colorado and Northern Iowa.

http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/foo...elease_id=4432

As for LaCrosse, we squeeked it out by one point, yes, but a win is a win, and we were a 36 schollie D2 team at the time. It was an embarassing loss for you guys at the time, but I think you made up for it by taking down the Bison this past season. Did I just say something nice about the Jacks? I must go do penance.
                              you lost in 2003 to La Crosse, get your complete facts buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                                you lost in 2003 to La Crosse, get your complete facts buddy.

From the offical USD website boxerboy has it right.

2003 - 5-6-0 (NCC, 2-5-0, 6th)
                                34.................Concordia-St. Paul................28
                                10.................Minnesota-Duluth..................7
                                24..............@Wisconsin-LaCrosse.............28
                                ...................Nebraska-Omaha.................34
                                31.......................Augustana................ ......27
                                30...................Minnesota State....................0
                                21..................@St. Cloud State.................33
                                11................South Dakota State...............22
                                3 ................@North Dakota State..............35
                                3 ......................North Dakota...................37
                                56.....................Lincoln (Mo.)......................7
                                Ed Meierkort (2004-present

Comment

Working...
                                X