USD Clobbers SDSU in Spring Game Attedance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Clobbers SDSU in Spring Game Attedance

See, we count attendance in things that matter... like GAMES!!!

If you get 2,500 a game in that first year of D-I, it'll be a miracle! You'll be BEGGING us for a 2-and-1, just to get at least ONE sellout your first three years!
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUcks
      If the spring game attendance was reversed, I can gaurantee that Jacks's fans would have been all over the fact that USD only drew 500 for their game.  Aren't you the same people that critisized UNO for their low attendance numbers.  500 is amazingly pathetic but that's ok because you are so into your women's hoops and whether or not your precious coach stays or leaves that you didn't even care about the football team this spring.  
      I sure hope that you aren't painting yourself as a grad and voice for your beloved flea-bitten mutts because you are giving your school a black eye. You are clueless! Spring game, does that matter?

By the way did USD win?

SDSU is coming off a year of record attendance for footbal any way you slice it and you are dogging us for low attendance at the spring game. I was on the golf course thanks.

Hey, I'm happy for your 2,500 fish story, you sure showed us!!! 2,500 people inside the world's largest septic tank on the nicest day of spring to date??? You'd have to be dumb as a stump to go to the spring game there! Well, it is USD we are talking about!

Welcome to transition hell USD! YOU WILL HAVE CROWDS SMALLER THAN THAT NEXT YEAR!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Maybe they were getting their trailer homes fumigated that afternoon and had nothing better to do, SUPERBUNNY!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

If the spring game attendance was reversed, I can gaurantee that Jacks's fans would have been all over the fact that USD only drew 500 for their game.  Aren't you the same people that critisized UNO for their low attendance numbers.  500 is amazingly pathetic but that's ok because you are so into your women's hoops and whether or not your precious coach stays or leaves that you didn't even care about the football team this spring.  
          OK,

Lets start with the fact that USD reported that that they had 2,513.  We all know what a reliable source that USD is when it comes to attendance.  I was in South Dakota this weekend and saw the highlights from the news.  The Dakota Dome was empty not 20% full.   :

Next lets look at the fact that NDSU drew 2,142 for their spring game.  Since we know that the Bison far out draw the Coyotes it makes your number all the more suspect.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.d...;ATCLID=874622

Final point is you are bragging about made up attendance to a free event.  It is kind of sad, really.  :'(  

USD D-II football, spring game attendance kings of the Dakotas! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go State!  

Comment

Ucks:  Do you concede USD's attendance figures are based on estimates?  If you won't concede that basic point, then there is no reason to continue even smacking you on this point.  You should march immediately to the USD athletic department and ask a question something like this:  What changes will have to be made in the way USD determines and reports attendance figures once USD enters the transition to D-I?  

Wait, it might not be worthwhile to ask that question now. You may not get the correct answer until about 2 or 3 years from now when your officials become fully aware of the D-I rules.  Whenever the changes are accurately explained to you, you will realize there was a reason for the change...estimates do not work for D-I. The simple fact is, you cannot state accurately the attendance at USD's spring scrum.

Comment

The Jealously rolls on, and on, and on, and on. The excuses are lame. At SDSU they call cow poop gold. That is all you really need to know. They pride being able to ring their bells like they are some kind of war cry but they really are a pathetic attempt to be cool but instead look absolutely pathetic and bush league. They pride in finding ways to make their campus smell more and more like a pig sty. Even their football field is a mud hole. I don't roll that way like the AG people.

Comment

The Jealously rolls on, and on, and on, and on. The excuses are lame. At SDSU they call cow poop gold. That is all you really need to know. They pride being able to ring their bells like they are some kind of war cry but they really are a pathetic attempt to be cool but instead look absolutely pathetic and bush league. They pride in finding ways to make their campus smell more and more like a pig sty. Even their football field is a mud hole. I don't roll that way like the AG people.
                THIS is all you can come up with???

And you call US pathetic!

Must be that "Quality" education from the "Princeton of the Plains". :

Go away, little boy and come back when you have something good!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Report just in. An ESIMATED several 1000 thousand usd2 so-called football fans attend spring game at butler center. usd2 wins their own spring game. They are still beating themselves. Have you seen the the cheerleaders?

Comment

As Allen Iverson states: Are we talking about Practice. This wasn't even a real game and we are talking about Practice. Is that what we are talking, practice. Come one Ucks you are taking about a Practice game. Here at SDSU we talk about real games not about Practice games. Go home.

Comment

Let's stop focusing on how many showed up in Vermillion and more on how we create enough excitement around the program and the Spring Game to get more than 500 people to show up. It's unrealistic to think we sell out Coughlin like Nebraska and other big time football schools for a spring game, but I think it's a good measuring stick of the interest in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                        Let's stop focusing on how many showed up in Vermillion and more on how we create enough excitement around the program and the Spring Game to get more than 500 people to show up. It's unrealistic to think we sell out Coughlin like Nebraska and other big time football schools for a spring game, but I think it's a good measuring stick of the interest in the program.  
                        That would be a good post under "Spring Game" in the Jackrabbit Football section of the board.  With that said, I think you will have a hard time having a serious discussion on the smack board about this topic.  Just my take.

Go State!  

Comment

No smack here, just facts to clear this thing up. First, USD's spring game was held Friday evening, so nobody missed out on a beautiful South Dakota weekend. Second, there was at least 2500 people there. I know, hard for you all to believe that the Yotes would get that kind of turnout but they do. USD has done a good job at marketing it and making it into an event to come to in the spring.

A better question was presented earlier, maybe State fans should look in the mirror and ask why they don't get more interest in their spring game. Not a topic that will go far on the smack thread, but one that should happen.

Resume smacking...and UCKS is SD4EVER from the D2 board (I think). He is just a jr high kid, so cut him some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53
                            No smack here, just facts to clear this thing up.  First, USD's spring game was held Friday evening, so nobody missed out on a beautiful South Dakota weekend.  Second, there was at least 2500 people there.  I know, hard for you all to believe that the Yotes would get that kind of turnout but they do.  USD has done a good job at marketing it and making it into an event to come to in the spring.  

A better question was presented earlier, maybe State fans should look in the mirror and ask why they don't get more interest in their spring game.  Not a topic that will go far on the smack thread, but one that should happen.

Resume smacking...and UCKS is SD4EVER from the D2 board (I think).  He is just a jr high kid, so cut him some slack.
                            Some excellent points here. I know several of my colleagues who are USD fans planned to attend the spring game in Vermillion, I haven't spoken to them today. I was definitely disappointed by the small crowd in the Backyard and at the game. Am I concerned? No, just a little disappointed. I would never blame anyone for finding something else to do on an afternoon like that.

I still don't believe USD out drew NDSU, however. This is still probably a case of inflated numbers. The program in Vermillion is in a lot better shape than it was 5 years ago, thats for sure.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

No smack here, just facts to clear this thing up.  First, USD's spring game was held Friday evening, so nobody missed out on a beautiful South Dakota weekend.  Second, there was at least 2500 people there.  I know, hard for you all to believe that the Yotes would get that kind of turnout but they do.  USD has done a good job at marketing it and making it into an event to come to in the spring.  

A better question was presented earlier, maybe State fans should look in the mirror and ask why they don't get more interest in their spring game.  Not a topic that will go far on the smack thread, but one that should happen.

Resume smacking...and UCKS is SD4EVER from the D2 board (I think).  He is just a jr high kid, so cut him some slack.
                              Agreed, our attendance was poor. Alot of people that were hanging out in their own backyards should have been at "the backyard"
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

UCKS is SD4EVER from the D2 board (I think).  He is just a jr high kid, so cut him some slack.
                                Well, that makes sense! He sure writes like a junior high student!

I guess "Princeton of the Plains'" standards haven't completely tanked!!!
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X