• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU predictions

I will play Taps for them. Poor guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
      48-3 will probably be the halftime score when the Lady Jacks play the Lady Bison next year in Fargo.
      Not without Vogel, your team will be much more average without her. Regarding cocky, all I have to do is read your womens basketball thread guys

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonbacker
        [quote author=1bunnies link=1174258734/0#12 date=1174367256]48-3 will probably be the halftime score when the Lady Jacks play the Lady Bison next year in Fargo.
        Not without Vogel, your team will be much more average without her.  Regarding cocky, all I have to do is read your womens basketball thread guys  [/quote]

I believe that we had 8-10 girls that were better than anyone NDSU put on the court. I do not mean to sound cocky. NDSU has dropped a long way from their glory days. We are still on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
          [quote author=Bisonbacker link=1174258734/15#16 date=1174865518][quote author=1bunnies link=1174258734/0#12 date=1174367256]48-3 will probably be the halftime score when the Lady Jacks play the Lady Bison next year in Fargo.
          Not without Vogel, your team will be much more average without her. Regarding cocky, all I have to do is read your womens basketball thread guys [/quote]

I believe that we had 8-10 girls that were better than anyone NDSU put on the court. I do not mean to sound cocky. NDSU has dropped a long way from their glory days. We are still on the rise.[/quote]

Thank you for just proving my point.

Comment

Thank you for just proving my point.
            Rationalize all you would like. SDSU has 2 post season DI wins and an appearance in the "Elite 8". NDSU has some big DI wins and finished the year in the top 5 at the FCS level. I think we're both doing alright. We did alright when Pater, Davis, Schlagel, Seiler, etc.. graduated and will be okay as Megan moves on. AJ expects each player to leave the team in a more competative place than when they arrived. I think Megan did that and I expect Andrea, Jen, Maria, Ketti, etc... to do the same.

Now, crawl back under the buffalo chips and come back in about 6 months.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

[quote author=1bunnies link=1174258734/15#17 date=1174866676][quote author=Bisonbacker link=1174258734/15#16 date=1174865518][quote author=1bunnies link=1174258734/0#12 date=1174367256]48-3 will probably be the halftime score when the Lady Jacks play the Lady Bison next year in Fargo.
              Not without Vogel, your team will be much more average without her.  Regarding cocky, all I have to do is read your womens basketball thread guys  [/quote]

I believe that we had 8-10 girls that were better than anyone NDSU put on the court. I do not mean to sound cocky. NDSU has dropped a long way from their glory days. We are still on the rise.[/quote]

Thank you for just proving my point.[/quote]
              No, I did not prove your point. We are just that much better than NDSU right now. You folks had your days. Ruley is not getting the blue chippers like she used to. AJ is getting his choice of who he wants. Look at the scores the last 2 seasons with SDSU and NDSU. It's not even close. The fans here are not cocky. We are proud of our team and their accomplishments. Fans in Fargo are wishing they were in our shoes.

Comment

[quote author=1bunnies link=1174258734/0#12 date=1174367256]48-3 will probably be the halftime score when the Lady Jacks play the Lady Bison next year in Fargo.

How about the NDSU men? No Andre Smith. This guy caused problems for many teams. NDSU men will not be as good next year without him. Much smaller gap between NDSU and SDSU men than the women's teams. SDSU men will add 4-5 new players (Beran, Cordova, Berte?, maybe 1-2 juco's, along with Sargent and Moss (both may redshirt) to the roster next year and will be much better. NDSU will add Tviedt (off his redshirt) and supposedly have one scholarship left. Bottom line - next year NDSU's men will not be as good or have as many wins as their 2006-07 team.

Comment

POT TO KETTLE ALERT ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

AJ has a history of putting in new players and keeping on keeping on. Tim Miles has . . . oh, wait, he's NOT THE NDSU COACH ANY MORE!!!

;D ;D ;D
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU has 2 post season DI wins and an appearance in the "Elite 8".
                      I don't mean to slight the Jack's women's teams accomplishment this year, which is considerable, but SDSU was in a Elite 8, but not quite the Elite 8.

Comment

Originally posted by RodentiaX1
                        I don't mean to slight the Jack's women's teams accomplishment this year, which is considerable, but SDSU was in a Elite 8, but not quite the Elite 8.
                        SO...do you think the NDSU women and their fans (or the 220 other D-I teams that ended play with the regular season) would not have been excited to be picked for the WNIT and make it to the third round?? Obviously, neither SDSU or NDSU is eligible for the NCAA. Forgive us for not saying Elite Eight (WNIT) on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                          [quote author=RodentiaX1 link=1174258734/15#24 date=1174967425]
                          SO...do you think the NDSU women and their fans (or the 220 other D-I teams that ended play with the regular season) would not have been excited to be picked for the WNIT and make it to the third round?? Obviously, neither SDSU or NDSU is eligible for the NCAA. Forgive us for not saying Elite Eight (WNIT) on the board.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble but his team did get picked for the WNIT. (although they lost one round before SDSU)

And yes us NDSU fans would have loved to have gone to the WNIT.

Comment

If you honestly look at foot speed, quickness and athletic ability NDSU players would have a real hard time making the SDSU roster and that is true not big headed.  They were outclassed in all aspects of the game.  You cannot teach speed and quickness and it is hard to win at this level without it.  NDSU has recruited players suited to play half court and pound the ball inside.  SDSU has recruited taller players but ones are quicker and faster.  SDSU has been able to make NDSU play their game.  If we only played half court we would have a tougher time.  D1 players are not only bigger but faster and if you don't have that quickness and speed you are going to struggle.  Augie likes big, strong half court type players and see what we did to them.  It is as much about coaching likes and dislikes as anything.  NDSU's athletic director and coach have been quoted as saying they have to get quicker and faster.  It's change or else. We may not have Megan Vogel but they returning players and next years recruits aren't exactly chopped liver. We will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
                              You gotta admit that Coach Bohl will likely have another really good team. I wouldn't expect a rejuvenation of the Gophers yet. Typically, new Big Ten coaches need a few years to gear up (Wisconsin is the exception that proves the rule) after a change. Brewster can talk a good game (reminds me of Wacker) but if you don't have enough speed on the field (and they won't) you're going to have a tough year in the Big Ten.

I'll go ahead and predict a Bison win next year in Minneapolis.
                              It will be a fun game that is for sure. Last year the Metrodome was rocking. There are a lot of question marks on the Minnesota club like who their QB will be and how their new offense and defense will be. NDSU's team will be very similar to last year. When you finish 10-1 and the only loss was to a Big Ten team, it is easy to see reasons for excitement. The UC Davis and SDSU were tough games and I expect the same this year, plus the Cal Poly game is in California this year. I have never been to Brookings for a game but I might make it this year.

Comment

tcbison: just make sure you bring the Dakota Marker.  Don't worry about how much it weighs and what it does to your truck's gas mileage -- you won't be carrying it back to Fargo.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X