X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD transfers already beginning

Originally posted by SDSUcks
    USD is definately the more prestigeous academic institution
    Proof's in the pudding, I guess. Next time you post about your school's academic prowess, you might want to spell prestigious correctly, not to mention definitely. Or were you just testing us hayseeds? You're a clever one.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

[quote author=Jacked_Up link=1176877474/15#20 date=1177196514]USD's loss of Fitzgerald and Skophammer to lower-division schools is not a big deal. That stuff happens all the time. Those two should not be big losses for the Coyotes, which should have good final season in D-2. What will be a huge deal is when guys like Dylan Grimsley and Steve Smith stop transferring down to USD to play in D-2. Grimsley and Smith, who bailed out of D-1 programs, were two of the Coyotes three best players this past year. (Eric Hall, a non-transfer, was good, too.) In another year, D-1 guys won't be transferring to USD any more. They won't even give USD a sniff. Why would they? USD probably will face an even more painful transition that SDSU because competition for talent will be greater than ever, and Coyote-ville doesn't have much to offer.
      Academically USD has more to offer than SDSU unless your idea of an education is how to plant soybeans or digging through cattle poop.   USD's basketball program is much better off right now than SDSU's when they made the jump (and especially now) and the football program has much more steam than SDSU had during their transition.  Anyone with half a brain would come to the logical assumption that in football USD will be at least as successfull as SDSU during their first 3 years of D1.

Isn't it actually pretty disgracefull from an SDSU perspective that in basketball USD would wipe the court with your D1 wannabe team and would stand a good change of winning in football too depending on where it was played.   And that is at a few years disadvantage going into a D1 move.  

USD is definately the more prestigeous academic institution and Jacks fans will find out that the average Coyote Alum has deeper pockets to support the athletic programs in D1.  The sugar daddy factor will also likely favor USD.  Farmers just don't make money. [/quote]

This is the kind of post that comes about from drinking all afternoon on a Sunday. :P  
      WOW SDsu#$s, you really threw some "wishfull thinking" into that post.  I guarantee it will come back to haunt you in about three years.  
      I have another question after reading your post for the third time...are you even old enough to drink?

Dumbest post award so far for 2007 goes to...........SDs#$ks.   What a dips#$t. :

Go Jacks!!
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

This is the kind of post that comes about from drinking all afternoon on a Sunday.
        WOW SDsu#$s, you really threw some "wishfull thinking" into that post. I guarantee it will come back to haunt you in about three years.
        I have another question after reading your post for the third time...are you even old enough to drink?

Dumbest post award so far for 2007 goes to...........SDs#$ks. What a dips#$t.

Go Jacks!!
        I'll second that!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
          [quote author=SDSUcks link=1176877474/15#23 date=1177285999][quote author=Jacked_Up link=1176877474/15#20 date=1177196514]USD's loss of Fitzgerald and Skophammer to lower-division schools is not a big deal. That stuff happens all the time. Those two should not be big losses for the Coyotes, which should have good final season in D-2. What will be a huge deal is when guys like Dylan Grimsley and Steve Smith stop transferring down to USD to play in D-2. Grimsley and Smith, who bailed out of D-1 programs, were two of the Coyotes three best players this past year. (Eric Hall, a non-transfer, was good, too.) In another year, D-1 guys won't be transferring to USD any more. They won't even give USD a sniff. Why would they? USD probably will face an even more painful transition that SDSU because competition for talent will be greater than ever, and Coyote-ville doesn't have much to offer.
          Academically USD has more to offer than SDSU unless your idea of an education is how to plant soybeans or digging through cattle poop.   USD's basketball program is much better off right now than SDSU's when they made the jump (and especially now) and the football program has much more steam than SDSU had during their transition.  Anyone with half a brain would come to the logical assumption that in football USD will be at least as successfull as SDSU during their first 3 years of D1.
          Isn't it actually pretty disgracefull from an SDSU perspective that in basketball USD would wipe the court with your D1 wannabe team and would stand a good change of winning in football too depending on where it was played.   And that is at a few years disadvantage going into a D1 move.  

USD is definately the more prestigeous academic institution and Jacks fans will find out that the average Coyote Alum has deeper pockets to support the athletic programs in D1.  The sugar daddy factor will also likely favor USD.  Farmers just don't make money. [/quote]

This is the kind of post that comes about from drinking all afternoon on a Sunday. :P  
          WOW SDsu#$s, you really threw some "wishfull thinking" into that post.  I guarantee it will come back to haunt you in about three years.  

Dumbest post award so far for 2007 goes to...........SDs#$ks.   What a dips#$t. :

Go Jacks!![/quote]

Hey, at least he has a half of a brain, according to his own self anyways.

How does that saying go, "assumptions are the mother of all ....?

;D ;D

Comment

Let's lay off the name-calling, folks. Thanks.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

USD is definately the more prestigeous academic institution and Jacks fans will find out that the average Coyote Alum has deeper pockets to support the athletic programs in D1.  The sugar daddy factor will also likely favor USD.  Farmers just don't make money.
              Thanks for the laughs. I'm guessing you are an eighth grader.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                Thanks for the laughs.  I'm guessing you are an eighth grader.
                8th grader, USD freshman, pretty similar intellects.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSUcks, thanks for the laugh! I needed that bit of absurdist humor to get a smile on my face!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                    I don't know how anybody can say that USD is in good shape to go into there transition... Hall is going to be a senior and won't be part of there first true D-I year. Grimsley and Smith will be seniors in there first D-I year, who are they going to rely on? Pesicka didn't do much as a true freshman. Have they signed any names this year? Its hard to recruit when there is no post-season... and when the transfers stop coming and start leaving USD will be in big pain....SDSU atleast has a campus and an Arena does USD have either?

Will the transfer of Fitzgerald affect USD's team next year... prolly not but when he has success at the NAIA level others will be more reluctent to do the same, any body that leaves of any talent level is not wanted, though some have more of an effect then others.

If USD thinks that going D-I is going to be easy going there in for a long run... They have burned bridges with NDSU and SDSU and I don't see those two encouraging the Gateway and the Mid-con to welcome the Xsd's anytime soon... USD's dome isn't going to wow anybody and it is going to be tough for the town of vermillion to handle D-I sports.

Being a fan of SDSU which pretty much has a monopoly on how NOT to run a mens basketball program both morally and competitively you have no room to talk here. USD could exceed what the Joke Rabids have done in D1 in their sleep. Jackrabbit fans are going to look back at this transition time as a big embarrasment and black eye for SDSU. The dome apparently is not that big of an issue to the talent that is currently on the roster. I realise good and well that the dome isn't a great facility for basketball but at least it's not going to sell out easily like Frost. As much as you Joke Rabid fans like to make fun of the dome you conveniently forget how much better of a facility it is for football and how much better it is as a home field advantage compared to Cough-Cough-Coughlin Alumni which is nothing more than a mud hole surrounded by a bleachers. By the way a bit of trivia, when was the last year that SDSU has won a playoff game? Better dust off the archives for that one. Alot of you like to talk smack but your current basketball program is a joke and you football history is just about as bad. And so many of you think that USD won't even compete with the Jacks in either sport, laugh, laugh, laugh. ;D

Comment

[quote author=joeboo22 link=1176877474/15#26 date=1177309551]I don't know how anybody can say that USD is in good shape to go into there transition... Hall is going to be a senior and won't be part of there first true D-I year. Grimsley and Smith will be seniors in there first D-I year, who are they going to rely on? Pesicka didn't do much as a true freshman. Have they signed any names this year? Its hard to recruit when there is no post-season... and when the transfers stop coming and start leaving USD will be in big pain....SDSU atleast has a campus and an Arena does USD have either?

Will the transfer of Fitzgerald affect USD's team next year... prolly not but when he has success at the NAIA level others will be more reluctent to do the same, any body that leaves of any talent level is not wanted, though some have more of an effect then others.

If USD thinks that going D-I is going to be easy going there in for a long run... They have burned bridges with NDSU and SDSU and I don't see those two encouraging the Gateway and the Mid-con to welcome the Xsd's anytime soon... USD's dome isn't going to wow anybody and it is going to be tough for the town of vermillion to handle D-I sports.

Being a fan of SDSU which pretty much has a monopoly on how NOT to run a mens basketball program both morally and competitively you have no room to talk here.  USD could exceed what the Joke Rabids have done in D1 in their sleep.  Jackrabbit fans are going to look back at this transition time as a big embarrasment and black eye for SDSU.  The dome apparently is not that big of an issue to the talent that is currently on the roster.  I realise good and well that the dome isn't a great facility for basketball but at least it's not going to sell out easily like Frost.  As much as you Joke Rabid fans like to make fun of the dome you conveniently forget how much better of a facility it is for football and how much better it is as a home field advantage compared to Cough-Cough-Coughlin Alumni which is nothing more than a mud hole surrounded by a bleachers.   By the way a bit of trivia, when was the last year that SDSU has won a playoff game?  Better dust off the archives for that one.  Alot of you like to talk smack but your current basketball program is a joke and you football history is just about as bad.   And so many of you think that USD won't even compete with the Jacks in either sport, laugh, laugh, laugh.   ;D
                      [/quote]

Ahh, the dome, if your lucky enough to sell out a game, you can fit what? like 8 thou if your lucky. CAS can get 16k which is if I do the math correct is twice that of the dome. I am correct in that right? For the reason Udot made the playoffs is because they are playing cupcake teams and winning at home but they are not able to beat anybody on the road. In a weak D-2 im sure its not that hard to do what you guys did. Yes our mens program struggled a bit in the transition, but will soon return to the glory we know it is going to be soon now that we are in a confrence. as for our women, their accomplishments should speak for themselves. How are Lavins teams gonna be when they only get weak d-1 transfers now and are an average team in D-2? not looking promising for the ladies down there. The dome is prolly the worst facility i have ever been in. Im not sure what you think makes it so great but im sure your fans turn out in big numbers for crookston and peru and what ever else lame teams you play. Udots mens team will very likly end up struggling like we did, you will lose players to graduation and transfers, you wont get in big time recruits during the transition, and unlike us, you will most likely be going with out a confrence for a really, really long time. take luck if you knew it was good for you, youll need it.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When they sold out the State football game between O'gorman and Yankton I was told that it was just over 6,000.. I'm shure they can cram a few more for basketball and make it 8 in which over half are useless... The difference is when they actually draw a crowd for basketball other then the student section you can hardly tell anybody is there.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22
                          When they sold out the State football game between O'gorman and Yankton I was told that it was just over 6,000.. I'm shure they can cram a few more for basketball and make it 8 in which over half are useless... The difference is when they actually draw a crowd for basketball other then the student section you can hardly tell anybody is there.
                          What are you talking about? I have a real urge to go to your high school and slap your English teacher!

The Dakotadome, as I guess you are talking about, holds just shy of 10,000 for football. I can't find the records or any updated info on their website, but I seem to recall the last time SDSU was there the attendance was a little over 9600.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                            [quote author=joeboo22 link=1176877474/30#40 date=1177401248]When they sold out the State football game between O'gorman and Yankton I was told that it was just over 6,000.. I'm shure they can cram a few more for basketball and make it 8 in which over half are useless... The difference is when they actually draw a crowd for basketball other then the student section you can hardly tell anybody is there.
                            What are you talking about? I have a real urge to go to your high school and slap your English teacher!

The Dakotadome, as I guess you are talking about, holds just shy of 10,000 for football. I can't find the records or any updated info on their website, but I seem to recall the last time SDSU was there the attendance was a little over 9600.
                            [/quote]

Welcome to the IM world. You'll see that more and more because kids type so much and so fast on the internet and don't re-read it much. But by his post...who knows what he was thinking. I understand why it was so dumb.

Anyways...everyone should remember this SDSucks kid and come back in 3 years and PM him just to remind him how wrong and dumb his posts were.

Comment

SDSUcks, here are a few realities for you:

The Dakota Dome is not a DI facility no matter how much you and other USD fans love it. Frost is. Coughlin has come a long way, and it will only continue to improve. You remind me of someone trying to trade in a used car thinking it is worth $10,000 when its really worth $6000. The dealer can show you the same car online priced at 6, he can show you book value at 6, but you just won't listen. To you that car is worth $10000, so you leave the lot in a huff thinking, "What a crook, there isn't anything wrong with my car. I'll keep driving it." And the value keeps going down.

The talent on your teams is pretty good....for DII. You will most likely find that they will not stack up all that great with the teams you will play against in transition to DI, much less conference play (if you find a conference).

In DI, fans typically get excited about high school or junior college recruits. We don't get too worked up about has beens who couldn't cut it at another DI school.

There is this small speed bump known as the transition period. It is tough.

There is another speed bump known as conference affiliation. SDSU and NDSU got extremely lucky in finding a conference home so quickly. It will be extremely difficult to find a conference to play in, especially with sub-DI facilities.

No matter how much you wave your arms and stomp your feet, no matter how biased SDSU fans are, no matter how great you think USD will be in a few years (without providing any roadmap to success), it does not change these realities.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                                SDSUcks, here are a few realities for you:

The Dakota Dome is not a DI facility no matter how much you and other USD fans love it.  Frost is.  Coughlin has come a long way, and it will only continue to improve.  You remind me of someone trying to trade in a used car thinking it is worth $10,000 when its really worth $6000.  The dealer can show you the same car online priced at 6, he can show you book value at 6, but you just won't listen.  To you that car is worth $10000, so you leave the lot in a huff thinking, "What a crook, there isn't anything wrong with my car.  I'll keep driving it."  And the value keeps going down.

The talent on your teams is pretty good....for DII.  You will most likely find that they will not stack up all that great with the teams you will play against in transition to DI, much less conference play (if you find a conference).

In DI, fans typically get excited about high school or junior college recruits.  We don't get too worked up about has beens who couldn't cut it at another DI school.

There is this small speed bump known as the transition period.  It is tough.  

There is another speed bump known as conference affiliation.  SDSU and NDSU got extremely lucky in finding a conference home so quickly.  It will be extremely difficult to find a conference to play in, especially with sub-DI facilities.

No matter how much you wave your arms and stomp your feet, no matter how biased SDSU fans are, no matter how great you think USD will be in a few years (without providing any roadmap to success), it does not change these realities.

USD fans will have to come to realize that these are the realities. Will USD have some successes in their DI transition, of course they will. Will they have some hard times, of course they will. With hard times probably out numbering the good ones.
                                One thing you have to remember is that SDSU made the move because they felt it was needed and that they were ready to improve on what they had. USD is making the move because they feel forced and that they don't have any other option. If USD was certain that they can suceed at DI, than they would have made the move when we did.
                                So to USD fans, will you probably be able to match what SDSU did in it's trasitioning years, except for probably women's basketball, but the difference will be where the programs are 10 years after the DI move. I expect SDSU to be in good shape, where I see USD most likely struggling, especially if they don't find a conference for all sports. The Mid-Con is currently full.

Comment

Working...
                                X