Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 USD Defense

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    No - hopefully our coaches show them the video instead in more private channels. Not that we really need to do much to out recruit them right now. That's pretty much taking care of itself.
    I clipped the play and the reaction and put them on this page of the game thread: http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...-Coyotes/page6
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

USD's sideline celebration is especially disgusting because, by that time, it was clear that a Jackrabbit had been injured, and the Coyote player had been ejected. If Nielson ever apologized for his team's behavior, I missed it. I do recall that some USD fans were disappointed by the Coyotes' behavior on that play. I credit those fans.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        USD's sideline celebration is especially disgusting because, by that time, it was clear that a Jackrabbit had been injured, and the Coyote player had been ejected. If Nielson ever apologized for his team's behavior, I missed it. I do recall that some USD fans were disappointed by the Coyotes' behavior on that play. I credit those fans.
        Btw, credit to the kid that actually got the penalty. He didn't celebrate after the hit and you could tell he was shaking his head and embarrassed that #9 was raising his arm.

Comment

This is why I'm afraid to play them this year. That was a game on the road.

What will they do, in their place...when their season is over, and we have things to play for.

Very worried about cheap shots and late hits to injure players.

And yes, they could actually rise up and win that game too. They aren't talentless down there.

Comment

I have the game recorded on DVR. After watching several of their games last year and culminating with the final game in Brookings what bothered me most was the reaction of their coach during the review and announcing the targeting call. I would have been livid at my players acting like that if I was coach and all he did was smirk while the referee discussed it with him and ejected the player. I said right there that they havent changed the culture there despite all their claims to wanting to do it.

I understand targeting penalties happen and they aren't intentional. Players are just being aggressive and the speed of the game sometimes takes over, but when players celebrate it and the coach doesn't condemn them for it, is unacceptable. Especially when it happens numerous times over the year.

Comment

Well Justin Sell extended TJ prior to last season, knowing that TJ would be a hot commodity and put in a buyout clause in the new contract, knowing that someone would pay the buyout. So UNLV ended up paying SDSU the buyout clause in TJ's contract. Perhaps this is the thinking at USD. Extend Nelson for 5 years with the hope that someone would pay the buyout. Only problem with that is nobody wants Bob and now USD is stuck with Nelson for the next 5 years. Lol.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I had some spare time and was reading the USD board, about Football being the sport that drives the bus. Very entertaining reading. Everyone seems not pleased with Whiteshirt Bob Nielsen, but they dont seem to have a buy out solution handy. They talk about beating State College( a slam intended toward SDSU fans.) I suppose some day it will happen. I reminded them about the multi year contracts and now that they are not working what then? My prediction State College 35 Abandoned Outhouse called the university 0 on November 23.

Comment

I think the problem with usd is their fans are still drooling over the one year they played the bison in the national championship game in division 2. They are still living the division 2 days where they were in the playoffs 4 times and we were only in the playoffs once. And reminding us that we were never in a national championship game. They dont want our FCS playoff appearances to count because it is now 9 playoff appearances for us, 5 for them.

a

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I had some spare time and was reading the USD board, about Football being the sport that drives the bus. Very entertaining reading. Everyone seems not pleased with Whiteshirt Bob Nielsen, but they dont seem to have a buy out solution handy. They talk about beating State College( a slam intended toward SDSU fans.) I suppose some day it will happen. I reminded them about the multi year contracts and now that they are not working what then? My prediction State College 35 Abandoned Outhouse called the university 0 on November 23.
                    So they should change their slogan from "We Are SD" to "We Are Privy"?

I'm more worried about them making wholesale defensive changes and trying to poach one or both of the Jacks' co-DCs.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      So they should change their slogan from "We Are SD" to "We Are Privy"?

I'm more worried about them making wholesale defensive changes and trying to poach one or both of the Jacks' co-DCs.
                      Interesting thougt but don’t actually worry about it! If we lose coaches, they’ll go to programs perceived to be better than the Jacks. The Yikes will have to look at lower programs and try to find the next rising star. I think the present Yikes DC, Johansen, had an impressive resume and an unusual approach but looks like the transition from NAIA Grand View in Iowa to D1 just isn’t happening. Best guess: the speed of the D1 level shows the weakness in his ideas about his unusual approach.

When Johansen was hired, the Argus did a story (4/16/19) which included the following observation from another Yikes assistant: “Linebacker Jack Cochrane said Johannsen's scheme will look more complicated to the offense, but as a player, it's simple enough that they can play fast and "not have to think too much.”

Well, the not thinking too much has worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Interesting thougt but don’t actually worry about it! If we lose coaches, they’ll go to programs perceived to be better than the Jacks. The Yikes will have to look at lower programs and try to find the next rising star. I think the present Yikes DC had an impressive resume and an unusual approach but looks like the transition from NAIA Grand View in Iowa to D1 just isn’t happening. Best guess: the speed of the D1 level shows the weakness in his ideas about his unusual approach.
                        Johansen reportedly makes $97k at USD, which is $13k more than Rogers and Bergstrom. Assuming either of them wants to advance, moving from co-DC to full DC at a higher salary, in a program/conference they have multiple years of experience in, AND in a region they've both spent considerable time in could be palatable. Plus, Herbster and the Pack could see it as a means to weaken the Jacks.

I hope you're right because I'd like to see Rogers eventually be Jacks' head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          Johansen reportedly makes $97k at USD, which is $13k more than Rogers and Bergstrom. Assuming either of them wants to advance, moving from co-DC to full DC at a higher salary, in a program/conference they have multiple years of experience in, AND in a region they've both spent considerable time in could be palatable. Plus, Herbster and the Pack could see it as a means to weaken the Jacks.

I hope you're right because I'd like to see Rogers eventually be Jacks' head coach.
                          Rogers or eck would both be very good choices if stig were to retire soon

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            Rogers or eck would both be very good choices if stig were to retire soon
                            Dan Jackson should be the Jacks' next head coach after Stig retires. He's climbed quickly up the coaching ladder. The Jacks have several very good assistants, but Jackson is the guy they really need to keep. He's a great recruiter, among other skills.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Dan Jackson should be the Jacks' next head coach after Stig retires. He's climbed quickly up the coaching ladder. The Jacks have several very good assistants, but Jackson is the guy they really need to keep. He's a great recruiter, among other skills.
                              I would second Jackson if it’s an internal hire. Rogers strikes me as more of a D coordinator/linebacker type role. Besides didn’t they promote Jackson to assistant head coach in the latest shuffling ? Or does that not mean anything ?

Comment

And Eidness and Clint Brown are not out of the race either. So lots of candidates available.

Comment

Working...
                                X