Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: USD Coyotes

Originally posted by goon View Post
    So like 3 people commented that it was bad. I w ok old hope most fans do. To me this a an issue. Hope this is brought up in the future with the media more then a lame usd driven fake cramp story we heard all week. Hope Zimmer addresses in articles or interviews. The league should be concerned with the sportsmanship issues. Again my. Concern is how usd celebrated after the hit. Not the issue of the hit which is bad enough but celebrating it is a whole new level issues.
    True, but no one has come on and tried to make an excuse saying it was ok. Clearly was a cheap shot and was an embarrassment the way #27 clapped his hands after the hit. Then the celebration after clearly took it to a new level of classlessness.

I think honestly most of them are silent because they’ve been holding themselves to a higher standard based off the Joose and “crampgate” thing. Now their team just basically took a dump on their faces and left them without much to say. I still expect a couple of them to come out of the woodworks soon and attempt to justify it, but think the rest have been knocked down a few levels. Lots of crickets there right now.

Comment

5:20 to go in the 4th....2nd and 8, on our own 38 or so, PSJ takes a hand-off and goes yard, but play is called back on a 10 yard holding penalty. Next play we run is 2nd and 2 from the 45? (we gain 7 yards on our own penalty?) I was lost. I still am after watching the replay.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        5:20 to go in the 4th....2nd and 8, on our own 38 or so, PSJ takes a hand-off and goes yard, but play is called back on a 10 yard holding penalty. Next play we run is 2nd and 2 from the 45? (we gain 7 yards on our own penalty?) I was lost. I still am after watching the replay.
        Spot of the holding... the hold was called downfield... so 10 yards from the spot of the foul.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Spot of the holding... the hold was called downfield... so 10 yards from the spot of the foul.
          How is it determined which holding calls are spot and which wipe out the play altogether?

edit* - I r dumb. I initially looked at your reply, but didn't actually READ it...
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            True, but no one has come on and tried to make an excuse saying it was ok. Clearly was a cheap shot and was an embarrassment the way #27 clapped his hands after the hit....
            I'm quite sure that was 29. See the clip posted by RabbitObsessed at post 58.

I thought USD QB Simmons looked very capable. He can throw a nice ball -- -and did -- and he runs well. Early in the 1st quarter our defense started giving the USD offensive line some trouble and caused some 'hurry-ups' for Simmons. If his line gave him a spiit second more time in some instances, rather than "very capable", a more accurate descriptor may have been "very impressive". He's had a decent junior season and he'll likely have a better senior season.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I'm quite sure that was 29. My wife and I just returned from the game and post-game stop at Cubbys. We recorded the game and we're watching it again. I'll verify it was 29, not 27. 27 is a freshman while 29 is a senior.

An observation: I thought USD QB Simmons looked very capable. He can throw a nice ball -- -and did -- and he runs well. Early in the 1st quarter our defense started giving the USD offensive line some trouble and caused some 'hurry-ups' for Simmons. If his line gave him a spiit second more time in some instances, rather that "very capable", a more accurate descriptor may have been "impressive". He's had a decent junior season and he'll likely have a better senior season.
              I think he's good, but a lot of their offense is empty calories. Dink and dunk and dink and dunk. He completed 30-some passes and didn't break 300 yards.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm not going to disagree: Simmons needs a better supporting cast. I guess a small point I'm making is the 'Yotes will come into next season with a seasoned QB and that's a good start toward success.

Comment

I'm quite sure that was 29. See the clip posted by RabbitObsessed at post 58.

I thought USD QB Simmons looked very capable. He can throw a nice ball -- -and did -- and he runs well. Early in the 1st quarter our defense started giving the USD offensive line some trouble and caused some 'hurry-ups' for Simmons. If his line gave him a spiit second more time in some instances, rather than "very capable", a more accurate descriptor may have been "very impressive". He's had a decent junior season and he'll likely have a better senior season.
                  You are correct, it was 29. No class. #27 did come over and essentially gave him a high five as well. Doesn’t change the fact that the USD fans haven’t said anything but negatives about the lack of class their team showed today.

Comment

I thought their offense seemed really gimmicky, with the hurry-up and all the shifting around and what-not.

Comment

The upside for the Coyotes is that they've got a very good quarterback and a couple of good receivers.
                      The downside is they've got a weak, ineffective coach. Bob Nielson needs to get his team under control. Watching a few undisciplined players on the sideline celebrate a team member who got ejected for a cheap shot is pathetic.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Great, season-closing win by the Jacks. For a fourth-string running back, Pierre Strong Jr. is incredible. 253 yards in 17 carries. Wow! And what a record-breaking career Taryn Christion has had. We're going to miss him - but not for a few more games. I look forward to watching Taryn & Co. in the playoffs.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Great, season-closing win by the Jacks. For a fourth-string running back, Pierre Strong Jr. is incredible. 253 yards in 17 carries. Wow! And what a record-breaking career Taryn Christion has had. We're going to miss him - but not for a few more games. I look forward to watching Taryn & Co. in the playoffs.
                          In 10 games, dude's got 797 yards on 67 carries (11.6 yds per carry) and 8 tds. It's insanity.

Comment

I'm not going to disagree: Simmons needs a better supporting cast. I guess a small point I'm making is the 'Yotes will come into next season with a seasoned QB and that's a good start toward success.
                            This is one reason I wondered if Matt Zimmer's article about this possibly being the year the 'Yotes might defeat the Jacks was probably written a year too soon. Seems like next year, on their home turf, with a senior QB, and the Jacks having a new starter at QB would probably be the best chance. However, the Jacks underclassmen have shown it likely will not get any easier for those mangy curs.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              Wow reading usd fan board is funny. How delusional can a fan base get? Embarrassing really. Also makes me appreciate the job mods have done around here. They laugh because we were right about usd players taking cheap shots on us. If they haven't realized they really have a reputation for it. Not the first time that player had a targetting call. Having the players celebrate it really starts at the top. They rail on stig but won't look at their own program. What a joke.
                              I don't remember Nielson's teams at WIU playing like that. Maybe I just wasn't focusing on it as much. What's odd is that multiple defensive coaches (the DC, Mohnsen, and the DB coach, Watson, had similar positions with Nielson there)

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                In 10 games, dude's got 797 yards on 67 carries (11.6 yds per carry) and 8 tds. It's insanity.
                                Tyler M mentioned that 13 of PSJ’s 70 carries have gone for 20+ yards. That’s video game stuff (Bo Jackson/Techmo Bowl comes to mind). He doesn’t look extraordinarily fast, powerful or shifty but it’s all there. How good is this guy going to be?

A month ago I thought Wilson looked like he had the potential to be the best running back since Zenner and now PSJ gets going. Both should be ready to go for the playoffs. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X