• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CappinHard
    replied
    Re: Easton Stick? More like Easton Stink

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    On topic, Stick isn’t better than TC. He isn’t asked to do nearly as much and has had much better defenses to support him. If I was told i needed to average 270 yds and 2-3 tds a game I’m picking TC every time over Stick. Everyone just happens to have the JMU game still burned into their memories and forget Sticks stellar performance in the last Marker Game.
    Put it this way... I like SDSU's chances of beating NDSU a lot better with Christion on SDSU and Stick on NDSU. If it was the other way, I really don't like SDSU's chances.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    How about Seattle with Russell Wilson. They haven't been the same since they paid him. Lots of examples of exactly what you are saying. The QB is king and everyone thinks you gotta have a great QB to win and it's partly true, but there are lots of examples of mediocre QB's being carried by elite defenses and running games too.
    It’s fairly common knowledge that teams who aren’t the blue blood well run organizations have small windows for rings when they’re paying nothing for their qb. It wasn’t just Wilson they had to pay though, they had to pay all their defensive stars, I would argue that was as much of a part of their downfall as paying for their qb. Same position the Queens are in right now, they have a couple year window before a bunch of guys are going to get paid or leave.

On topic, Stick isn’t better than TC. He isn’t asked to do nearly as much and has had much better defenses to support him. If I was told i needed to average 270 yds and 2-3 tds a game I’m picking TC every time over Stick. Everyone just happens to have the JMU game still burned into their memories and forget Sticks stellar performance in the last Marker Game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Baltimore won the Super Bowl and then Joe Flacco (MVP- I would not have given it to him) signed a big contract. The Ravens record since he signed that contract is 40-40. Now the Ravens can not afford other players to carry him.
    I would put Eli in this group, too. I know that some people like him but the Giants defense and running game is what made them tick. They had the catch off the helmet and a tip toe catch going out of bounds or Eli doesn't have a ring either. You can say the balls were thrown perfect but they were great catches in my opinion.
    I'm almost wondering if Detroit is doing the same thing now without the ring.
    How about Seattle with Russell Wilson. They haven't been the same since they paid him. Lots of examples of exactly what you are saying. The QB is king and everyone thinks you gotta have a great QB to win and it's partly true, but there are lots of examples of mediocre QB's being carried by elite defenses and running games too.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    So you pick Joe Flacco and Trent differ over Marino because they won championships?
    Baltimore won the Super Bowl and then Joe Flacco (MVP- I would not have given it to him) signed a big contract. The Ravens record since he signed that contract is 40-40. Now the Ravens can not afford other players to carry him.
    I would put Eli in this group, too. I know that some people like him but the Giants defense and running game is what made them tick. They had the catch off the helmet and a tip toe catch going out of bounds or Eli doesn't have a ring either. You can say the balls were thrown perfect but they were great catches in my opinion.
    I'm almost wondering if Detroit is doing the same thing now without the ring.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    So you pick Joe Flacco and Trent differ over Marino because they won championships?
    Nick Foles, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler... The list goes on and on for QBs like Stick that are mediocre at best but are carried by the rest of their team.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by scbison View Post
    I prefer to judge QB's on postseason success. However, TC probably does have more postseason passing yards than Stick so he is obviously far superior.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

I prefer to judge QB's on postseason success. However, TC probably does have more postseason passing yards than Stick so he is obviously far superior.
    On the flip side he’s asked to do more in a pass heavy system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• scbison
    replied

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If this was not smack, we could have the classic great discussion of what is more important, Rings or Stats. We could also talk about players that sometimes make a QB look better than they are. Oh wait, we just did.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    We could also talk about players that sometimes make a QB look better than they are.
    I'd be lying if I didn't have some concern about this. I've seen our QB get bailed out enough by our two NFL caliber receivers it has me concerned. This year will be hinge on how TC performs no doubt. If he's as good as some on here think we will be very good. If he struggles it could be a long year.

Leave a comment:

• THEsocalledfan
    replied

If this was not smack, we could have the classic great discussion of what is more important, Rings or Stats. We could also talk about players that sometimes make a QB look better than they are. Oh wait, we just did.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

And apparently you had Tevaris Jackson...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• scbison
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    You can tell NDSU fans have an inferior complex in regards to Stick and Christion. Every time something suggests that Stick is better, they say "ah ha! See... Stick IS better than Christion". Even though we all know Stick's success is just a product of a solid run game and stellar defense. Put Stick on an average team and you would see that he's really not that good. He runs much better than he throws. He turns into a RB as soon as he gets pressured.
    We get it, you had a Dan Marino poster growing up.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

First team all MVFC Pre-season QB by SDSU media

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/07...form=hootsuite
    You can tell NDSU fans have an inferior complex in regards to Stick and Christion. Every time something suggests that Stick is better, they say "ah ha! See... Stick IS better than Christion". Even though we all know Stick's success is just a product of a solid run game and stellar defense. Put Stick on an average team and you would see that he's really not that good. He runs much better than he throws. He turns into a RB as soon as he gets pressured.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

First team all MVFC Pre-season QB by SDSU media

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2018/07...form=hootsuite
    Elsen covers USD. Good try though.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied