Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU ad campaign

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Ask TAB what would have happend if Urzendowski had dropped that ball in the endzone in 2014.

Like Donald trump claiming he's a great business man doesn't make him one. You claiming that we aren't that close to the top of the football chain in FCS isn't going to make that any more true/false.

Sports (especially in college) is a what have you done lately game (every year almost a team is completely different), I'd be willing to bet the Lady Coyotes do not care what happened in the summit league championships last year as it has no effect on this years games.

Do I think I'm superior to you, Not really. Perhaps you have a law degree, on second thought you'd be pennyless with weak arguments like you've made here.

I hope you enjoy the games as I do.
    It would have been 3rd and Goal. Carry on

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      Lol!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
        Right, but the fact I was illustrating was it was close. If we would have won that game would we have won more? That cannot be proven. But to say that team wasn't one of the best teams in FCS that year is uneducated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Right, but the fact I was illustrating was it was close. If we would have won that game would we have won more? That cannot be proven. But to say that team wasn't one of the best teams in FCS that year is uneducated.

They weren't in the top 8. Saying that team was "one" of the best is subjective. Didn't NDSU have three "close" games after that?

Comment

Ratings are questionable at best. This year's team losses to that years IMO. and this year's team was ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Fan base? I'm part of the fan base and had not heard about the topic until someone mentioned the opinion piece done by Stu Whitney. So I read it. I'll still go to Scheels, the likelihood of me spending money at Scheels (high) remains unchanged. What is it with a few USD fans who try to take comments by a few SDSU fans and apply them to all SDSU fans? I'm confident rank and file USD fans would not want to be painted with that rantings of the poster who made the above statement.
              I had heard about it earlier, but it certainly wasn't going to stop me from going to and spending money at Scheels.

All the hubbub about it seems pretty foolish to me.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ratings are questionable at best. This year's team losses to that years IMO. and this year's team was ranked.

We weren't part of the final eight teams playing FB that year or well ever. To me it doesn't matter who we lost to. We still lost. You can say all day long had we been matched up with Team X, then Team Y, then Team Z we would have been in the final. Completely subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyotes View Post
                  What USD fan claims they are a power in football? Typical SDSU fan response. make things up. Difference is USD fans know they are not a perennial power in football. SDSU fans do not. you think because you've made the playoffs the last 4 years that erases 80 years of not being very good at all and turns you into a power on the same scale as NDSU. Your fan base boycotting retail stores over something so irrelevant makes you look stupid and irrational. Stu's article where a former SDSU player states how would NDSU like it if SDSU displayed their summit titles in Fargo. How do you compare a couple conference titles to 5 straight national titles.

Difference is USD does not try to act like we are a D1 powerhouse like the agricultural college does. You are not NDSU and not even close. quit trying to act like you are.
                  Talk about thread drift. This stuff has gotten more tedious than a freshman history class at USD. Wait. I take that back. The history profs at USD probably have a better sense of humor, and they probably don't kiss as much Bison butt. I think I'll go watch an old rerun of c-span or something to punish myself for starting this thread.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I went to Scheels this afternoon and just past the checkout lanes is a T-shirt display with a mannequin wearing an SDSU T and one wearing a USD T...basically the same display showing in the picture from last year's Summit Tourney (see that picture in post 26 of this thread): SDSU arms raised like celebrating a victory; USD arms at the dummy's sides.It's really pretty funny (the picture I shot today with my phone is attached below).

This thread had several posts from our friends at USD who commented on the Stu opinion piece about some SDSU fans objecting to Scheels displaying NDSU trophies at the Sioux Falls Scheels this weekend. There are several threads on the Yotes message board expressing great displeasure and calls for boycotting Scheels because there apparently were fewer USD items available compared to SDSU items. If someone wants links to those threads, PM me.

Come on Yotes, if you're going to throw out some smack, how about 1) pick on something that Yotes haven't done in the past; and 2) at least try to inject some humor.

[IMG][
                    Last edited by JackJD; 03-06-2016, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• Re: NDSU ad campaign

So stores carry what sells. Huh, imagine that

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I went to Scheels this afternoon and just past the checkout lanes is a T-shirt display with a mannequin wearing an SDSU T and one wearing a USD T...basically the same display showing in the picture from last year's Summit Tourney (see that picture in post 26 of this thread): SDSU arms raised like celebrating a victory; USD arms at the dummy's sides.It's really pretty funny (the picture I shot today with my phone is attached below).

This thread had several posts from our friends at USD who commented on the Stu opinion piece about some SDSU fans objecting to Scheels displaying NDSU trophies at the Sioux Falls Scheels this weekend. There are several threads on the Yotes message board expressing great displeasure and calls for boycotting Scheels because there apparently were fewer USD items available compared to SDSU items. If someone wants links to those threads, PM me.

Come on Yotes, if you're going to throw out some smack, how about 1) pick on something that Yotes haven't done in the past; and 2) at least try to inject some humor.

[IMG][
                        USD fans should try Dick's. I was in there earlier this week and they had multiple racks of USD gear - hoodies, hats, polos, T-shirts. I asked a staff member where the SDSU stuff was, they said it sold out and they have a hard time keeping it in the store.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

So stores carry what sells. Huh, imagine that

By the looks of it, that display had enough to outfit both SDSU & USD's entire fanbases for the entire year. Bold strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            By the looks of it, that display had enough to outfit both SDSU & USD's entire fanbases for the entire year. Bold strategy.
                            and NDSU...

Comment

Can't believe I missed this thread. Just have to say Stu hit his Argus article out of the park. My son was very disappointed he did not get to see the trophies in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                                Can't believe I missed this thread. Just have to say Stu hit his Argus article out of the park. My son was very disappointed he did not get to see the trophies in Sioux Falls.
                                You need to get your kid to rehab.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X