Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A kinder, gentler Scott Nagy?

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Amen ^. At fear of starting more comments (not from me) on this subject: Augie has everything to gain and nothing to lose by playing SDSU. It's exactly the opposite for the Jacks. As a footnote, remember we didn't play USD after we went D-I, until they moved up (exactly the same). Augie will forever be D-II (unless they drop FB, which they won't). Congrats to them on having a very good team this year and good luck to them.
    This x 100. I'd also like to add that if a team like Augie joins the Summit League I'll lose interest in SDSU basketball pretty quickly.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Where does this point fit in the discussion about whether there's some overlap between top DII and low-end DI: is that argument as weighty when some of those top DII teams from a dozen years ago migrated to DI? Seems to me the argument may still exist but it's not as strong.

And I agree with Jacks#1Fan too: wish Augie much success this season. I watched them play a couple games last season and it was good basketball. Jansen's a real horse.

Comment

Speaking of DII exhibition games...I'll just put this here.

St. John's opens Chris Mullin era with 32-point exhibition loss http://es.pn/1Hap0gO
        Last edited by jacks1; 11-05-2015, 11:30 PM.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Speaking of DII exhibition games...I'll just put this here.

St. John's opens Chris Mullin era with 32-point exhibition loss http://es.pn/1Hap0gO
          I remember watching Chris as a college player, what a guy, but what a coach? Well he has some time to prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I used to think the same thing when we were NCC and D2, but have my doubts today. There are talent differences.
            I saw where Augustana University beat Iowa tonight. It was only an exhibition game so I am sure Iowa was not trying. Besides there is no way a DII school could beat a DI school the talent level is clearly way better at the DI level. I am sure Augustana would lose all their games to DI opponents in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
              I saw where Augustana University beat Iowa tonight. It was only an exhibition game so I am sure Iowa was not trying. Besides there is no way a DII school good beat a DI school the talent level is clearly way better at the DI level. I am sure Augustana would lose all their games to DI opponents in the regular season.
              Upsets happen. That is why the game is played. Jansen and Schilling are mid-major players.

I would take Iowa over Augie 9/10 times. If you watched the game, you would have saw that the Vikings nearly crapped a 15 point lead with about 6 minutes left.

Augie wouldn't win the Summit, nor would they compete for the title this season. They could finish middle of the pack at best in full season. If you don't think there is a difference between D2 and D1, I don't know what to tell you.

end of discussion.

Mods, please lock this thread as well as the "Iowa over USF" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                Upsets happen. That is why the game is played. Jansen and Schilling are mid-major players.

I would take Iowa over Augie 9/10 times. If you watched the game, you would have saw that the Vikings nearly crapped a 15 point lead with about 6 minutes left.

Augie wouldn't win the Summit, nor would they compete for the title this season. They could finish middle of the pack at best in full season. If you don't think there is a difference between D2 and D1, I don't know what to tell you.

end of discussion.

Mods, please lock this thread as well as the "Iowa over USF" thread.

. A few years ago Michigan St got beat by Grand Valley St. And Syracuse got beat by a D2 team, Lemoyne a few years ago. Great wins for the division 2 teams and forgotten by the other teams. Both Mich st and Syracuse made the ncaa tourney those years. And i would also take Iowa 9/10 times. BTW, neither Grand Valley or Lemoyne won the D2 championship those years.
                Last edited by mitchellrabbit; 11-07-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

This thread cracks me up!

A kinder, gentler Coach Nagy? You bet! He's known for his chameleon-like personality changes. However, if your backcourt was all seniors who received pre-season first-team votes you might have a little bit of CONFIDENCE coming in.

Show up at the first non-exhibition game and see which Coach Nagy shows up!

The best part of the thread though has to be the Augie fans showing up! Howdy Augie doggies! One big win and now you want to kick the big bear in the state? Hilarious! Enjoy your moment of sunshine out of our shadow and then get back in the D2 closet!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    This thread cracks me up!

A kinder, gentler Coach Nagy? You bet! He's known for his chameleon-like personality changes. However, if your backcourt was all seniors who received pre-season first-team votes you might have a little bit of CONFIDENCE coming in.

Show up at the first non-exhibition game and see which Coach Nagy shows up!

The best part of the thread though has to be the Augie fans showing up! Howdy Augie doggies! One big win and now you want to kick the big bear in the state? Hilarious! Enjoy your moment of sunshine out of our shadow and then get back in the D2 closet!

SUPERBUNNY
                    You realize this thread was basically dead by the time Augie got its "one big win," right? The majority of the discussion had nothing to do with the Iowa game. Good addition though.

Comment

Don't know where else to put it, but here is the 2015-16 Augustana University MBB team (gotta appreciate them being able to laugh at themselves)...

Comment

[QUOTE=BigGoosie13;283085]Don't know where else to put it, but here is the 2015-16 Augustana University MBB team (gotta appreciate them being able to laugh at themselves)...

I could have told you where to put it.

Comment

Working...
                        X