Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another UND controversy

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Interesting point is is that a grand forks high school has the rough rider nickname.
    ohhhhhhhhhh I did not know that. And that would be Red River according to their home page.

Comment

I have to admit, I think my favorite is "Sun Dogs." Would be unique, and is definitely a northern phenomenon. The logo would be tricky though . . . two rainbow-colored splotches on either side of a shining sun?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Sun Dog Logo

How about a rainbow colored puppy, complete with tongue hanging out, standing on the sun... Yeah, really menacing.

As much as I like the Sun Dog mascot name for its local/regional roots, the process to educate everyone on 'what is a sun dog' will be never ending. It's like the Saluki's. African warrior? Oh, a dog.
        Last edited by SlapJack; 06-18-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I think next they will get it down the to the final three and then a new lawsuit by the ND legislature will finally be made.

FIFY
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Sundog-rainbow colored dog sporting a sun crown. Think raisin bran crown. Sorta works.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
              Re: Sun Dog Logo

How about a rainbow colored puppy, complete with tongue hanging out, standing on the sun... Yeah, really menacing.

As much as I like the Sun Dog mascot name for its local/regional roots, the process to educated everyone on 'what is a sun dog' will be never ending. It's like the Saluki's. African warrior? Oh, a dog.
              I like Sun Dog, too, but I agree that the education part is tricky. I tried it out on some south central Kansans who rarely see snow and they had no idea what I was talking about.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                I like Sun Dog, too, but I agree that the education part is tricky. I tried it out on some south central Kansans who rarely see snow and they had no idea what I was talking about.
                I believe that area does have very mild winters at least they did in the late 1980's when I traveled around that area. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nodaks, North Stars, Fighting Hawks, Sun Dogs and RoughRiders will be forwarded to the President....Nodaks, Sundogs and Fighting Hawks where the highest ranked.

Comment

Those morons just can not seem to get over losing the word "Fighting" as in Sioux Indians. Now the Fighting Hawks?

Comment

• Re: Another UND controversy

Now a member of the committee wants to put "North Dakota" on the public vote but only to see how much support it would get. Even if it won the vote it wouldn't get picked.

The committee votes that person down, "North Dakota" is dead. Hockey players are not happy on twitter, some taking shots at committee members.
                      Last edited by FargoBison; 07-21-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                        Now a member of the committee wants to put "North Dakota" on the public vote but only to see how much support it would get. Even if it won the vote it wouldn't get picked.

The committee votes that person down, "North Dakota" is dead. Hockey players are not happy on twitter, some taking shots at committee members.
                        Good grief. That makes no sense. Of course this whole process hasn't made sense.

Comment

https://www.change.org/p/reinstate-t...akota-nickname

Sign the petition to keep North Dakota as the nickname! hahaha
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Change is bad. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

This is truly pissing in the wind.

Comment

Now "North Dakota" might be back in play....You can't make it up...

http://www.inforum.com/news/3803715-...ickname-option

Comment

Working...
                                X