Another UND controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another UND controversy

This is funner (more fun) than I thought it would be....thanks no names for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
      The committee sifted through 501 names in their meeting yesterday(still over 600 left)...Here are the names moving onto the next round....# of votes each received on the right....

Aeronauts, 1
      Aeros, 1
      Arctic Blaze, 2
      Arctic Force, 1
      Aurora, 2
      Aviators, 1
      Badlanders, 1
      Big Green, 4
      Bison Slayers, 1
      Blackhawks, 3
      Blaze, 1
      Blazing Stars, 1
      Blizzard, 1
      Blizzard Dogs, 1
      Bombardiers, 1
      Bombers, 1
      Cavalry, 2
      Charging Nokota, 1
      Drillers, 1
      Energy, 1
      Explorers, 1
      Fighting Green, 3
      Fighting Green Hawks, 2
      Fighting Hawks, 2
      Fire, 2
      Flame, 1
      Flames, 4
      Flickertails, 3
      Fliers, 2
      Force, 6
      Force of North, 2
      Global Hawks, 1
      Green Bombers, 1
      Green Hawks, 2
      Green Pride 1
      Grey Hawks, 1
      Force of North?!

"Welcome your University of North Dakota 'Force of North'!" (Good Lord that's terrible...and that got 2 votes?)

We need to send them to EA Sports Teambuilder website...so they can see the names that Brad Nessler will say on the videogame.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        One person suggested " Jackrabbits" because no other team has that mascot? About a dozen people suggested Coyotes. Odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That would end up being a dog fight!

Comment

choosing BlackHawks would allow them to bring back the Indian head logo, i.e. the Chicago BlackHawks.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            choosing BlackHawks would allow them to bring back the Indian head logo, i.e. the Chicago BlackHawks.
            They have already been told by the Blackhawks 30 years ago to stop using that logo. They used 2 different Indian head logos in the 90's and 2000's. They have also used Notre Dame's logo intermixed.

They are a mess and need to pick something simple and go with it. They can stick with no name, but they will have no apparel to sell, as it is beyond bland & Scheels is shrinking their section every month in Fargo

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              Not an expert on NCAA, but a choice such as Black Hawks would put them back in square one. Black Hawk was a chief of the Sauk tribe. Instead of the Sioux permission you would have to get the Sauk tribes permission.
              I am thinking Force from the North is workable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Not an expert on NCAA, but a choice such as Black Hawks would put them back in square one. Black Hawk was a chief of the Sauk tribe. Instead of the Sioux permission you would have to get the Sauk tribes permission.
                I am thinking Force from the North is workable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)
                making the Sioux Falls SkyForce the Force from the South. how bout the Fighting Correctness.

Comment

People, people, people . . .

"farce" does not have an "o" as the second letter.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Of course, North Dakota could call itself the "Calvary".... that would really get a lot of PC panties in a twist.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Of course, North Dakota could call itself the "Calvary".... that would really get a lot of PC panties in a twist.
                      What PC panties? Religious? (Calvary) or did you mean to refer to soldiers fighting on horseback in the Indian wars? (Cavalry). The word "cavalry" still refers to a highly mobile infantry unit but they use vehicles rather than horses.
                      Last edited by JackJD; 05-17-2015, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Perhaps it's due to living in the midwest, but I always hear more whining and paranoia from people about the "PC police" than from the supposed "PC police" themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          Perhaps it's due to living in the midwest, but I always hear more whining and paranoia from people about the "PC police" than from the supposed "PC police" themselves ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Agreed.

Comment

The direction of this discourse does not seem to solve the problems at UND. Does the PC police have a web site?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                What PC panties? Religious? (Calvary) or did you mean to refer to soldiers fighting on horseback in the Indian wars? (Cavalry). The word "cavalry" still refers to a highly mobile infantry unit but they use vehicles rather than horses.
                                Either or is probably offensive to someone. I'm surprised HSUS hasn't spoken out about our nickname yet.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X