Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Corn Showdown

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    The flip side is SDSU had a 23-2 run in the first half and only led by 2 at home? You realize that's a 21 point advantage, right? Not sure how much basketball you watch but it's a game of runs. These two runs were pretty extreme.

And our run got us a win. And nothing else matters.

Comment

Vermillion a **** hole? Apparently you didn't read the article earlier this year where Brookings was I believe # 10 or so, and Vermillion número uno. Please don't go down this road. I'm around former SDSU players that don't have an ounce of loyalty to Brookings, or even fond memories like we do of Vermillion. They are loyal to SDSU but not the town. Quite the opposite with former athletes from South Dakotas top fun town.
      I think all college students have fond memories of their 4 or 5 yrs of college. Youre just blowing smoke.

Comment

Vermillion a **** hole? Apparently you didn't read the article earlier this year where Brookings was I believe # 10 or so, and Vermillion número uno. Please don't go down this road. I'm around former SDSU players that don't have an ounce of loyalty to Brookings, or even fond memories like we do of Vermillion. They are loyal to SDSU but not the town. Quite the opposite with former athletes from South Dakotas top fun town.
        Well I seem to recall Brookings being #1 on this list with Vermillion not even on the list
        http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/b...-south-dakota/

Verm even made it into Urban Dictionary for being such a terrible town
        Last edited by witness; 01-18-2015, 11:32 PM.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The rankings in that study of "exciting" places were made by a real estate business. Rankings were based on factors such as young people, bars per capita and the arts. Sioux Falls, as well as Brookings, didn't make the top 10. But Tea and Hot Springs, like Mobridge, did. Was it really a good measurement of the best cities in the state? Perhaps, if you're a young guy whose life revolves around cheap beer and the hunt for loose women.

Doesn't usd use that as a recruiting tool?

Comment

Standings as of now:

SDSU 5
            USD 4

Btw, this thread sucks.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Vermin is about as exciting as watching The Lawrence Welk show (sorry, more mature Jacks fans!)
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

urban dictionary? Anyone can post on that site. It was probably a drunken AIDs ridden State student who posted it.
                How was lambonanza? How much did the prettiest sheep go for?

Comment

I'll live in Huron before I'll live in Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                    I'll live in Huron before I'll live in Vermillion.
                    Oof.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm not here to knock Vermillion. Any time I am on I-29 heading north or south past the Vermillion I take the exit and head into town to get some of that famous grub that Vermillion is famous for. I head straight for the best place in town. And I always get the same thing.

I'll have the Farmer's Skillet with eggs over easy, please. There just isn't anything better than the Country Kitchen.

Take off the red-colored glasses for frick sake! The town is a dump! Outside of the U there it is struggling mightily. Fact! It's getting worse. If you love it, we're happy for you. I'll continue to head to B-town!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

In fact, a recent poll of coaches from the Summit League showed that they preferred Macomb over Vermin by 4-1. That's got to sting.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          Vermin is about as exciting as watching The Lawrence Welk show (sorry, more mature Jacks fans!)
                          Hey its fun to watch Myron from Roslyn SD play his accordion. Tank u tank u.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Well I seem to recall Brookings being #1 on this list with Vermillion not even on the list
                            http://www.movoto.com/blog/top-ten/b...-south-dakota/

Verm even made it into Urban Dictionary for being such a terrible town
                            I see crime rate is one of the factors they evaluate. The legal problems of former Yote football players alone probably pushed Vermillion out of the top ten.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Hey its fun to watch Myron from Roslyn SD play his accordion. Tank u tank u.
                              Of course, USD students are probably up there with Kanye West fans and don't know who Paul McCartney is.
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                Of course, USD students are probably up there with Kanye West fans and don't know who Paul McCartney is.
                                Yeah I hardly know Paul, I had to do a google., but then I did not get into the USD MBA program so I hardly qualify as a USD student.

Comment

Working...
                                X