Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Corn Showdown

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    What so called holiday are we celebrating?
    Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      The women's game will be on the screen in Frost after 3pm.
      If the same two teams come out of the gates like tonight. We'll be down 15 points in a hurry and having it on the videoboard at Frost might not be a great idea. Ufda
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Really? They just get back from Christmas break and there is already a 3 day weekend? What so called holiday are we celebrating?
        The birth of Martin Luther King in other states. In SD, its Native American Day. I am surprised a bright guy like you did not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          The birth of Martin Luther King in other states. In SD, its Native American Day. I am surprised a bright guy like you did not know.
          SD Native American Day is Columbus Day, not MLK Day.

http://legis.sd.gov/Statutes/Codifie...okieCheck=true
          http://www.argusleader.com/story/dav...-day/17194651/
          http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/...-americans-day

You may wish to consider toning down the personal attacks and snide comments, Nidaros.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            SD Native American Day is Columbus Day, not MLK Day.

http://legis.sd.gov/Statutes/Codifie...okieCheck=true
            http://www.argusleader.com/story/dav...-day/17194651/
            http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/...-americans-day

You may wish to consider toning down the personal attacks and snide comments, Nidaros.
            This is so damn funny. Thank you Nidaros for making me laugh harder than I have in weeks.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

So the womens game will be over by the time the mens start. Maybe the mens game should have been at 7 so people could have gone to both if they wanted to
              The men's game was set by Midco and contracted for at 4:30 p.m. It could not be moved. The women's game could probably have been set an hour earlier, say 1 p.m. SDSU objected to moving it to Sunday, since the women have to play again on the road Wednesday at WIU. So it is what it is.

Comment

Mick wrote an article regarding the situation...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...lict/21829441/

One quote I really like from Herbster:

“When you have a state where you have two schools with strong followings for both their men’s and women’s programs, it does have a ripple effect,” Herbster said. “How many fans go to both games? We’re not sure. But it’s definitely a win for the bars and restaurants around here — a lot of the people who go to the women’s game will go out and watch the men’s game somewhere.”

Did he see the attendance numbers when they played NDSU?
                Men's Game 1800
                Women's Game: 1500

SDSU Men vs IUPUI: 2500
                SDSU Women vs UNO: 1700

When SDSU plays USD and NDSU at home, those numbers will double.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Mick wrote an article regarding the situation...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...lict/21829441/

One quote I really like from Herbster:

“When you have a state where you have two schools with strong followings for both their men’s and women’s programs, it does have a ripple effect,” Herbster said. “How many fans go to both games? We’re not sure. But it’s definitely a win for the bars and restaurants around here — a lot of the people who go to the women’s game will go out and watch the men’s game somewhere.”

Did he see the attendance numbers when they played NDSU?
                  Men's Game 1800
                  Women's Game: 1500

SDSU Men vs IUPUI: 2500
                  SDSU Women vs UNO: 1700

When SDSU plays USD and NDSU at home, those numbers will double.
                  Meh. Compared to several teams in the conference, USD does have a strong following.

Oh, smack thread. USD probably arranged this just to screw SDSU fans out of the pleasure of watching both our teams beat the Coyotes in the same day.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Some dude named Martin Luther King, Jr. Not sure what he did, but I'll be consulting his wikipedia page.
                    Doesnt mean they have to be out if school and work. Im glad we have a day for him but how bout everyone stay in school and learn about it. Valentines is on a saturday this year. I suppose the govt will get a 3 day weekend for that too

Comment

Ive worked retail for 35 yrs. its just another work day for me. And if i wasnt, i wouldnt be celebrating his bday, just like students wont be

Comment

Ive worked retail for 35 yrs. its just another work day for me. And if i wasnt, i wouldnt be celebrating his bday, just like students wont be
                        Okay, I hope you will accept my apology for making a snide remark. And apologize for suggesting SD was different in celebrating Native American Day in January when in reality it is celebrated in October. I was just a little taken back by comment. I am sure you are a bright guy after spending 35 years in retail. I bet you know a thing or two about people.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                          Martin Luther King Jr. Day
                          unless your in Virginia. there its Robert E.Lee Day. he was born on Jan 19.

Comment

Okay, I hope you will accept my apology for making a snide remark. And apologize for suggesting SD was different in celebrating Native American Day in January when in reality it is celebrate this day in October. I just a little taken back by comment.
                            Glad you guys are smack talking each other...The Calling MLK day Native American day is priceless, must be a state college grad. Just a little knowledge on the subject, MLK day is designed for a day of service. I know in many college towns (Vermillion included) there are several events around town that students can volunteer at (food drives, soup suppers, etc). Maybe the SDSU students can travel up to the Lake traverse reservation for some NA day service projects....

Comment

I read that several USD athletes will be volunteering to do your taxes as part of their MLK service projects.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                I read that several USD athletes will be volunteering to do your taxes as part of their MLK service projects.
                                Bam!

Comment

Working...
                                X