South Dakota Corn Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota Corn Showdown

Not sure how usd women got 3 of their players to dress in stripes for the game but having an 8 on 5 advantage sure worked well for them. As bush would say its a good strateegry.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Not sure how usd women got 3 of their players to dress in stripes for the game but having an 8 on 5 advantage sure worked well for them. As bush would say its a good strateegry.
      IMG_0774.jpg

Thought Goon might be able to use that.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Oh-oh. Do you REALLY want to go there?

Yote Equivalence:
        Get spotted 20 points right out of the gate but still somehow manage to lose by 15 = lose by 4 after leading by 3 at the half.

Are you SURE you want to make that argument? Really, really sure? (Trying to help you out, here . . . )
        Yeah, I'll go there. He popped off about us having an advantage and losing so I thought I'd make it even. That's all. As I was told last week, it is smack.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          We don't do moral victories. That's a uSD thing. Williams will take a job at someplace like Ball State within 2-3 years because Vermillion is a ****-hole and we'll keep building with local players. Something Usd knows nothing about.
          Vermillion a **** hole? Apparently you didn't read the article earlier this year where Brookings was I believe # 10 or so, and Vermillion número uno. Please don't go down this road. I'm around former SDSU players that don't have an ounce of loyalty to Brookings, or even fond memories like we do of Vermillion. They are loyal to SDSU but not the town. Quite the opposite with former athletes from South Dakotas top fun town.

Comment

To quote Coach Smith at halftime...."we are happy to be down 31-29."

Really!? Really!? You realize you WERE up 20 right?!?!?!

Cant make that stuff up....

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Vermillion a **** hole? Apparently you didn't read the article earlier this year where Brookings was I believe # 10 or so, and Vermillion número uno. Please don't go down this road. I'm around former SDSU players that don't have an ounce of loyalty to Brookings, or even fond memories like we do of Vermillion. They are loyal to SDSU but not the town. Quite the opposite with former athletes from South Dakotas top fun town.
              Wasn't Mobridgs like #2 in that article?

#gameover

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Wasn't Mobridgs like #2 in that article?

#gameover
                If so, what's that say about your fair city? So you understand, the poll was state wide by all people not just alumni of SDSU and citizens of Brookings. I know it's hard for you to fathom but not everyone thinks Brookings is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  To quote Coach Smith at halftime...."we are happy to be down 31-29."

Really!? Really!? You realize you WERE up 20 right?!?!?!

Cant make that stuff up....
                  The flip side is SDSU had a 23-2 run in the first half and only led by 2 at home? You realize that's a 21 point advantage, right? Not sure how much basketball you watch but it's a game of runs. These two runs were pretty extreme.

Comment

The flip side is SDSU had a 23-2 run in the first half and only led by 2 at home? You realize that's a 21 point advantage, right? Not sure how much basketball you watch but it's a game of runs. These two runs were pretty extreme.
                    It would be great if the yotes allow the Jackrabbits a 20-0 spot in Vermillion. Nagy would require an ambulance if they gave the advantage up.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If so, what's that say about your fair city? So you understand, the poll was state wide by all people not just alumni of SDSU and citizens of Brookings. I know it's hard for you to fathom but not everyone thinks Brookings is awesome.
                      In a sense in my mind it is awesome, but so is Vermillion

Comment

Ok mr basketball. How many times have you seen runs like that at any point in the game let alone at the start. I've never seen it and I watch quite a bit.

The fact your coach was "happy" being down 2 after that start is amusing.

Comment

If we are talking about the same ranking and we about have to be because I can't believe their are two studies that would rank Vermillion #1 it tells me the study is useless.

The study I'm referring to was based on things like restaurants per capita.

I never said Brookings was the greatest town ever, but verminville sure as hell isn't either.

Comment

Yeah, I'll go there. He popped off about us having an advantage and losing so I thought I'd make it even. That's all. As I was told last week, it is smack.
                            I tried! You guys all saw it, right? I tried to be nice, I tried to get hm to realize the error of his ways, tried to give him a second crack at the apple . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Jack women played without their best player, Waytashek. SDSU should be just fine the next time or two the Jacks and Yotes play. Not sure what all this has to do with the Corn Showdown. But the Jacks again lead that competition, as usual.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

The rankings in that study of "exciting" places were made by a real estate business. Rankings were based on factors such as young people, bars per capita and the arts. Sioux Falls, as well as Brookings, didn't make the top 10. But Tea and Hot Springs, like Mobridge, did. Was it really a good measurement of the best cities in the state? Perhaps, if you're a young guy whose life revolves around cheap beer and the hunt for loose women.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X