Yotes next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yotes next

Vegas just put the Pillow fighters in as a 4 point favorite over the Yotes! Home field I guess.

That's gotta sting!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
      MVFC conference stats that USD is last in
      1.Scoring Offense
      2. Scoring Defense
      3.Total Offense
      4.Rushing Defense
      5.Pass Defense Effic.
      6.Punt Return Avg.
      7.Interceptions
      8.Kickoff Coverage
      9.PAT Kicking- 7-10 for the year- 10 PATS in 11 games-that's hilarious in itself
      10. Sacks by (tied with SDSU)
      11. Sacks against
      12. Opponents 1st downs
      13. Time of Possession
      14. Red zone defense
      LOL That's just brutal

Comment

I assume the pillows will be filled with wool as I have heard rumors of some sort of event involving sheep taking place after the Jackrabbits' practice yesterday.
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          I assume the pillows will be filled with wool as I have heard rumors of some sort of event involving sheep taking place after the Jackrabbits' practice yesterday.
          Won't happen until after the Yotes take the field on Saturday , as in sheep being led to slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
            I won't be participating in the pillow fight. Heard the pillows used have teeth marks in them from Joey and the State football team's slumber party last night.
            Discriminatory innuendo isn't cool. Or funny.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Discriminatory innuendo isn't cool. Or funny.
              Or clever or original. That dude is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                MVFC conference stats that USD is last in
                1.Scoring Offense
                2. Scoring Defense
                3.Total Offense
                4.Rushing Defense
                5.Pass Defense Effic.
                6.Punt Return Avg.
                7.Interceptions
                8.Kickoff Coverage
                9.PAT Kicking- 7-10 for the year- 10 PATS in 11 games-that's hilarious in itself
                10. Sacks by (tied with SDSU)
                11. Sacks against
                12. Opponents 1st downs
                13. Time of Possession
                14. Red zone defense
                I think your missing the bigger picture.

All that matters is wins!

Oh, what's that you say? Oh OK.
                I guess they're last in that category too.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                  Yes i do. Get real, you lost by 3 touchdowns in Fargo. If we hadn't had 14 concussions, 6 broken bones, etc maybe we would have won more games. But we didn't, and you didn't. If you play them in the playoffs they'll smoke you. You aren't anywhere near their level. But you are much better than us. But then again....who knows
                  I love how USD football fans smack us by telling us we aren't "anywhere near the level" as the Bison. Classic.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Yotes next

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Or clever or original. That dude is awful.

Rep.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with KULawJack, Rabbit Obsessed and the rep-wielding JackMD -- another warning for you, coyotecrazie5.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        Vegas just put the Pillow fighters in as a 4 point favorite over the Yotes! Home field I guess.

That's gotta sting!

SUPERBUNNY
                        That's ridiculous..........home field is only good for 1.5 points...
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Some references have been made about SDSU football fortunes. SDSU was a strong program in its history but football fortunes at SDSU, just like the experience at a lot of schools can be cyclical. NDSU turned into a powerhouse in about 1963 when the school made a commitment to football and hired Darrel Mudra as coach. NDSU had some pitiful years prior to then...and they've been very good since then (very few bad years in the last 50 season!). NDSU's jump to the top of the North Central Conference coincided with the winding down of the Ralph Ginn era at SDSU. NDSU jumped up; SDSU faded away. We had some good years in the past five decades but it seems we often were unable to run together a long string of great seasons. John "Diesel" Gregory had some good teams in his 10-year at the helm (1970s) but he had some weak ones too. Mike Dailey always had competitive teams (7-4 in five of his six seasons) and no team dared to overlook one of Dailey's squads. Building on that, Stig's steady climb has taken us well past respectability to perennial winner and playoff team. I think the timing of SDSU's improvements in facilities are what we need to continue upward and I'm optimistic about the future.

USD leads the all-time series record by one game. According to the SDSU Media Guide, the record stands at 49-50-7. I've read different versions of the record including 50-51 and some ties. I think there is agreement that if SDSU wins Saturday, the series win/loss record is tied.

I like the trendline. if we go back to Mike Dailey's six years, 1991 through 1996 seasons, Dailey's Jacks beat the Yotes five of his six years, the only loss coming in 1993. Coach Stig, took over in 1997 and Stig led the Jacks against the Yotes through the 2003 season. Stig's record against USD in the DII era was 5-2. Play resumed in 2012 and SDSU claimed wins in 12 and 13. So Stig is 7-2 against USD. We will be playing on new turf next year within a stadium that will be half completed. In 2016, we will be in a stadium that will make us all proud. We've just opened a fabulous indoor facility with state-of-the-art weight room and related facilities. No other school in the MVFC is making the investment in facilities improvements that SDSU is currently making. I think all the indicators are pointing in the right direction for SDSU football.
                          Last edited by JackJD; 11-20-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Folks, remember one thing and one thing only as it pertains to the coyotes. They wish they were Jackrabbits.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                              hahaha... silly little hareball!

If this were true I'm sure it would have been met with more resistance than what our football team will face Saturday!

Comment

Oh heck, might as well drop the big one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Comment

Working...
                                X