Most exciting city in South Dakota - Vermillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most exciting city in South Dakota - Vermillion

Vermillion is the only city in America where a conversation like this could take place:

Man says to wife, "Honey, we should go out and celebrate our 25th anniversary tonight. Let's go out to eat and splurge a little."
    Wife replies, "I agree. 25 years is something to celebrate."
    Man says, "That settles it. Honey, put on your nicest dress. I will get us a table at the nicest place in town."
    Wife lights up and says, "Really? Your a great husband. I've been very blessed."
    Man says, "So have I my dear. You've given me a great life. Tonight we celebrate! Country Kitchen it is!"

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      Yep......you didn't fit in. That happens. No big deal. You found your cult, stay with it. From what I heard about you and your roommates I'm surprised Brookings accepted you, but they did.
      Thanks for the early morning laugh.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
        Per this article their acceptance should be no surprise http://www.thecollegehelper.com/easi...ge-to-get-into
        This thread is pretty funny. But, hareball, are you the last person in the United States to realize that US News & World Report, once a venerable news magazine, has fallen on such hard times that it now exists only to publish lists? Anyway, go to the Board of Regents site and review the statistics on entering classes for SDSU and USD and compare the numbers on top ACT scores and similar measures. Keep in mind SDSU has a special mission as a land-grant university, one that it fulfills with the best in the country. You should remind yourself of that mission every time you eat.

Speaking of eating, (apologies for being so serious in a smack thread), Vermillion has some good eating establishments.

tjbison: good one of the grafton comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Speaking of eating, (apologies for being so serious in a smack thread), Vermillion has some good eating establishments.

What are they JackJD? I'd like to know for the next time I have to make a trip down there.

Oh, and Screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            What are they JackJD? I'd like to know for the next time I have to make a trip down there.

Oh, and Screw the U!

SUPERBUNNY
            One of the Chinese places down town is good. I think Shae's? Mr. Smith's sandwich shop that used to be in Jones Food is good for lunch. Red's is supposed to be good, but I've yet to go there.

Comment

The only place i go eat when im down there is Tobys Bar in Meckling.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                ++++++++++

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  +++++++++++++++ Five more plus signs than RO. Its the only place I know in the area.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-01-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

The Silver Dollar was fairly decent; I see it is no more.

And since this IS a smack section... the only good things to come out of Vermillion are Highways 19 and 50 plus the Missouri River.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Whimps in burbank has a killer rueben. Tough to find a decent rueben anywhere.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        Vermillion is the only city in America where a conversation like this could take place:

Man says to wife, "Honey, we should go out and celebrate our 25th anniversary tonight. Let's go out to eat and splurge a little."
                        Wife replies, "I agree. 25 years is something to celebrate."
                        Man says, "That settles it. Honey, put on your nicest dress. I will get us a table at the nicest place in town."
                        Wife lights up and says, "Really? Your a great husband. I've been very blessed."
                        Man says, "So have I my dear. You've given me a great life. Tonight we celebrate! Country Kitchen it is!"

SUPERBUNNY
                        Wife says to husband: " SUPERBUNNY, after 25 years if marriage, I deserve to go somewhere nice because you are boring, as evidenced by your last post"

SUPERBUNNY to wife: Well then, instead of going to #1 Vermillion for a fantastic steak at Reds, let's go to Brookings and eat at some restaurant in the #13 fun town in South Dakota"

Wife to SUPERBUNNY: "You've made my point"
                        Last edited by yoteforever; 11-02-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post

SUPERBUNNY to wife: Well then, instead of going to #1 Vermillion for a fantastic streak at Reds,..."
                          Oh yeah. Forgot about the streaking at that place. Don't go there. Some local attraction to meal-time streaking.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Oh yeah. Forgot about the streaking at that place. Don't go there. Some local attraction to meal-time streaking.
                            hahahaha...good catch. Maybe that's why Vermillion is exciting??

Comment

I suppose it all depends on who does the streaking. Hopefully thats not the typical finale to Joe Glen's rendition of the fight song!

Naked people or not, Reds is a great spot to eat.

Comment

I love articles in The Onion! They are hilarious!

(Seriously, if you read the article you see Movoto never even went to any of these places. They took population and divided it by parks and restaurants from Wiki or other sites. It's really proof these lists are inadequate)

My actual top 10 would be:

1. Sioux Falls (why it isn't even on the list who the hell knows)
                                2. Brookings(Best town with D1 sports and just about anything else going on weekly. Good population base)
                                3. Rapid City(Driving distance to just about anything you want to do in the hills, could flip this spot with Brookings)
                                4. Sturgis(one month a year this place is exciting)
                                5. Aberdeen(I guess? Population alone says something should be fun to do there)
                                6. Sioux City......(you can drive across the border for fun)
                                7. Vermillion(D1 sports...sort of....though you might be able to flip Vermillion with Sioux City)
                                8. Chamberlain/Pierre/Mobridge Kind of a tie if you like the river areas hunting and fishing, Pierre would have leg up because of population. Technically maybe Yankton could go here too
                                9. Deadwood(Historic and gambling.....not sure if that's all that exciting)
                                10. There just aren't 10 exciting places in South Dakota
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X