NDSU petitions the NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU petitions the NCAA

I saw that today sitting with a bunch of buddies watching the games. Unreal. I just dont understand how something like that can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Someone should probably tell the fans lining up in snowmobile suits outside the Bison Sports Arena that Thursday's game is in Spokane, not Fargo.
      Post game comments from NBA analyst - x NBA player Charles Barkley - He was commenting on why the Bison coach was so happy after they had just beaten OU - Charles commented that coach Phillips was jumping, cheering, flashing the bison horns not only because he had just defeated OU but he was extremely happy that now he did not have to go back to North Dakota for at least one more day.

GBGBGJ

Comment

After the victory over OU, there were a few rumors circulating about Saul might be considered for some open coaching jobs.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          After the victory over OU, there were a few rumors circulating about Saul might be considered for some open coaching jobs.
          Too late: USD is formally announcing tomorrow they've selected a coach and it is not Saul.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            Post game comments from NBA analyst - x NBA player Charles Barkley - He was commenting on why the Bison coach was so happy after they had just beaten OU - Charles commented that coach Phillips was jumping, cheering, flashing the bison horns not only because he had just defeated OU but he was extremely happy that now he did not have to go back to North Dakota for at least one more day.

GBGBGJ
            This little cute quip out of Sir Charles earned him a thread on Bisonville, and something about being an ass-hat. Most over there were not offended but some where. The cold Dakotas is an image that most people in far away USA have in their heads and something we have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              This little cute quip out of Sir Charles earned him a thread on Bisonville, and something about being an ass-hat. Most over there were not offended but some where. The cold Dakotas is an image that most people in far away USA have in their heads and something we have to deal with.
              I don't see the big deal. He made a joke...but more importantly he was talking about us...I'll take it.

Comment

what were the comments about NDSU coach crying? I heard Barkley mention it and then getting ready for work today numbers never lie and they made a comment about it again at NDSU and other players and coaches.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  I don't see the big deal. He made a joke...but more importantly he was talking about us...I'll take it.
                  Certainly better than not getting talked about at all.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    what were the comments about NDSU coach crying? I heard Barkley mention it and then getting ready for work today numbers never lie and they made a comment about it again at NDSU and other players and coaches.
                    After showing Saul breaking up talking about his Seniors moving on at his presser , Charles said that the real reason he was crying was because now that they were eliminated he has to go back to North Dakota. Then yesterday , after showing a young Jayhawk fan crying after Kansas lost , Charles said that he could be a candidate to be the next coach at NDSU. Thought it was pretty funny myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      After showing Saul breaking up talking about his Seniors moving on at his presser , Charles said that the real reason he was crying was because now that they were eliminated he has to go back to North Dakota. Then yesterday , after showing a young Jayhawk fan crying after Kansas lost , Charles said that he could be a candidate to be the next coach at NDSU. Thought it was pretty funny myself.
                      Saul will be playing golf with Barkley sometime. Saul is hard not to like and Charles would not be joking about Saul if he was not likeable. Some levity like we saw here is preferable to the talking head routine where half on the comments are right for the day and half of the comments are wrong for the day.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        I am sure you told your fellow Bison this. I too agree, it's kind of funny and the fact that he acknowledged NDSU is to the credit of us who have had to brave this cold- assed winter.

Comment

Saul will be playing golf with Barkley sometime. Saul is hard not to like and Charles would not be joking about Saul if he was not likeable. Some levity like we saw here is preferable to the talking head routine where half on the comments are right for the day and half of the comments are wrong for the day.
                          I made a comment to some of the in-laws when watching Saul emote after the Oklahoma win that "Everybody likes Saul Phillips."

He's a really hard guy to dislike--just seems to be genuinely a good guy.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I made a comment to some of the in-laws when watching Saul emote after the Oklahoma win that "Everybody likes Saul Phillips."

He's a really hard guy to dislike--just seems to be genuinely a good guy.
                            I thought Saul showed a great deal of class in those interviews during the Summit League, and during those interviews he referenced Braun's comments at last years, 2013 press conference upon losing to SDSU. Braun said that the NDSU would go Dancing in 2014. Braun was right in his prediction. He said he was not bragging but his guys had played the entire season with those comments in mind. They did have a great season.

I knew as soon as I started pulling for Saul, Braun, and the pig farmer Bjorkland that they would choke. Sure enough that's what happened.

Comment

It was interesting that during this discussion about North Dakota , Barkley also said that he comes to South Dakota every year for a charity golf event and really likes South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                It was interesting that during this discussion about North Dakota , Barkley also said that he comes to South Dakota every year for a charity golf event and really likes South Dakota.
                                Should seem obvious that SD is better then ND. Didnt Barkley make a comment too about how we all look a like or something to that affect.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X