Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Men's Basketball

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Considering how well we did after losing not only the best player in team history, but possibly the best in League history, I'm not going to panic about next year. I expect it will follow this year's model, with early struggles and continued improvement. We have a Big 10 guard who has already been practicing with the team for two months that will be joined by a juco star with athleticism like we may have never seen here. The X factor will be working in replacements for Dykstra and Heemstra. That. Will take time to develop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    possible starting lineup come conference play next season:

PG. Parks/Marshall
    SG. Marshall/Parks
    SF. Bittle
    PF. Horstman/Devine
    C. Larson

Potential Key Bench Players: Severyn, Broman, Doyle, Horstman/Devine, Donlan? (hopefully)

Its a smaller lineup but it could be an effective one. That team should be right there just like this years team come conference/tourney time.
    Last edited by SanDakotaState; 03-02-2014, 12:53 PM. Reason: thinking of Marshall Henderson instead of George Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

PG. Parks/Henderson
      SG. Henderson/Parks
      SF. Bittle
      PF. Horstman/Devine
      C. Larson

Potential Key Bench Players: Severyn, Broman, Doyle, Horstman/Devine, Donlan? (hopefully)

Its a smaller lineup but it could be an effective one. That team should be right there just like this years team come conference/tourney time.
      Marshall will more likely than not be the PG
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

PG. Parks/Henderson
        SG. Henderson/Parks
        SF. Bittle
        PF. Horstman/Devine
        C. Larson

If we have Horstman at the 4 and Bittle at the 3 ... yikes.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          If we have Horstman at the 4 and Bittle at the 3 ... yikes.
          Who else would you put in there? I think Bittle could handle the 3. He plays bigger than he actually is.

Comment

Who else would you put in there? I think Bittle could handle the 3. He plays bigger than he actually is.
            I don't know. Just hope we aren't running that lineup out for anything other than small stretches.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I'm sure that not smacking USD in a USD smack thread for more than three posts in a row must be some sort of violation of NCAA rules or something . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I'm sure that not smacking USD in a USD smack thread for more than three posts in a row must be some sort of violation of NCAA rules or something . . .
                USD sucked last year,they suck this year,and they will suck next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  USD sucked last year,they suck this year,and they will suck next year.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

PG. Parks/Marshall
                    SG. Marshall/Parks
                    SF. Bittle
                    PF. Horstman/Devine
                    C. Larson

You can convince me later about Parks. He has been a successful player at the community college level. There may be a few growing pains jumping to another level. Severyn could jump in at a 3 or Flatten may be healthy and jump in at 2 as a backup. Also, one the incoming freshmen or Doyle might have a shot at the 4. Who will be the point guards with Marshall? I do not see Bittle going there at this time or Bittle going to the 4. Griffan Callahan will be the smallest PF at that position for a long time. One of the younger players will take Jordan's position and Devine will get more time at the post.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

For some reason, I thought Marshall had to sit until after the Christmas break???

There are a lot of unanswered questions for our team next year.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Did james get fired yet?

On a serious note they aren't too far away from being better. They have guys who can do some nice things but I don't think the team bought into the whole work hard and play D. When they do and play pressure D they are much better then their zone D boots ran imho. Flack seems decent. Kasperbauer should get like 10 3 pt shots a game. Like duke use to for reddick his first 2 years. Just set him off on a bunch of screen to get open. He is willing to pull the trigger from anywhere and legit chance to make it. But their offense just looks lost. Not really any go to guy. Gruis ok post player if he doesn't go wild in the head and make stupid fouls but really no guard can take over the game with the dribble. They are young enough to get better and a recruit or 2 from being top half of the confrence imo.

But since its usd it doesn't really matter they still suck. But what do I know I was only in the marching band.
                        I thought the same thing last year. Had the same thoughts as you on Flack and Kasperbauer, too. If Kasperbauer is going to throw bombs, you might as well make them come within the offense.

Bottom line, they aren't very good. And they won't be very good until they get a POY contender on their team. IMO, Flack could be that kind of player in the right offense.

If James spent half as much time coaching his players as he did working the refs, he would be ahead of where he is now. I've only watched him coach one game though.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                          For some reason, I thought Marshall had to sit until after the Christmas break???

There are a lot of unanswered questions for our team next year.
                          He does have to sit until start of 2nd. semester. I don't like it but i think Bittle will have to play there until Marshal can go,unless Parks is all that.

Comment

He does have to sit until start of 2nd. semester. I don't like it but i think Bittle will have to play there until Marshal can go,unless Parks is all that.
                            Broman could play PG until Marshall is eligible. He got some good non conference experience this season. He just needs to work on ball handling a bit and be a little more relaxed.

Comment

Marshall can start play after 1st semester is done.

Comment

As for Parks, I hope he comes in and does well for us.

For some reason, I thought Iowa Lakes was in the DII equivalent of the JUCO ranks. I wouldn't get that excited about a DII all-american transfer.

Comment

Working...
                                X