Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU FANS?

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Both schools have made it to the tourney twice, SDSU beat New Mexico at the Pit and at Washington. Washington won the regular season championship but didn't make the tourney but they still had 2 guards picked in the first round in Terrance Ross and Tony Wroten Jr. New Mexico was ranked #16 at the time and ended in being a 3 seed in the tourney. Can't speak for Woodside, but the Jacks also had an All-American in Wolters.
    Impressive, but NDSU beat #8 Marquette and #12 Wisconsin. Nice try though. Lol

Woodside was an honorable mention All American. We've also had two Summit POYs and two Coach of the Year winners.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
      During the transition years. Meh. Nate was a third team All-American. Also, call me when you have a player get drafted. I'll be waiting
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Call me when you have a player get drafted. I'll be waiting
        That doesn't make up for all the other short comings in comparing SDSU to NDSU mbb. NDSU men's basketball is definitely ahead of SDSU's program since we went DI.

Comment

That doesn't make up for all the other short comings in comparing SDSU to NDSU mbb. NDSU men's basketball is definitely ahead of SDSU's program since we went DI.
          How about since joining the Summit League?
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Woodside was an honorable mention All American. We've also had two Summit POYs and two Coach of the Year winners.
            Saul shouldn't have got it this year and everybody knows it. That belongs to Tony Jasick. Nate was also a honorable mention all-american his junior year! SDSU has had 2 academic all-americans and 2 senior class award finalists to go long with a bob cousy award finalist.

Comment

Because you finally won your 2nd summit tournament final? so as of last year SDSU must have clearly been ahead of NDSU then? What are you using as a measuring stick? just things that sound good for NDSU?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Transition years-Advantage NDSU
                Non-transition years- Advantage SDSU or at the minimum a push
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Since we both became eligible after the transition, NDSU has a better win-loss record, more post season appearances, more Summit regular season titles, more Summit Championship appearances, and the head-to-head is 9-4 in favor of NDSU. If SDSU was still ahead 2-1 in Summit tourney titles, I'd give your program the nod, but with both programs having won it twice...

Comment

Head to head. Ndsu.
                    Dances. Tie.

Probably a nod to ndsu...but I'm biased and so is everyone here. Get an ESPN panel to do it
                    North Dakota State University
                    11 Time National Champions
                    '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Since we both became eligible after the transition, NDSU has a better win-loss record, more post season appearances, more Summit regular season titles, more Summit Championship appearances, and the head-to-head is 9-4 in favor of NDSU. If SDSU was still ahead 2-1 in Summit tourney titles, I'd give your program the nod, but with both programs having won it twice...
                      but but but SDSU had a guy named Nate Wolters so that automatically makes SDSU better. Come on Hando don't use facts to make your argument. That would make way too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                        Outside of our miserable transition period I'm confused how you can say NDSU has had more success in Men's hoops? The reality is that NDSU and SDSU took different steps to gain success at the D1 level. NDSU builds with a single year in mind while SDSU has gotten to the point where we will have good/great years and above average years. Part of it may be that Miles started the process by building a team that would get him to the tournament, and get him a new job. Saul had to somewhat take the same route when Mile's recruits were gone. I'm pretty sure Saul has bigger things in mind then being head coach at a FB dominated school. I expect Saul to get interviews after the tournament, and if he gets the right offer from a MWC, MVC or maybe even MAC school I expect he will take the job. He' a good coach, from all accounts a good guy and I think he would have a good shot at making some noise at a higher profile school. As for what I see as a more stable program at SDSU, the reason is simple. The much maligned (by Bison fans) Coach Nagy; much like AJ is likely not going anywhere. Not due to there being a lack of interest from the outside, but instead Nagy seems very happy to stay at SDSU. That could change, but for now it seems both Nagy and AJ are fine coaching in Brookings.

Our Women? Yes, far more success. And yes when I was in school at SDSU it was NDSU and UND we were striving to be. I expect the NDSU Women's program will come back. It will take time, but DeHoff should have been gone two years ago. Why NDSU kept her around I will never understand.
                        Ok, taking away the transition years, both NDSU and SDSU has made it to the dance twice but NDSU has played in more Summit League championship games. Head to head it is not even close and SDSU has only won once in Fargo. Also, NDSU's RPI is currently sitting at 37 and which is not something SDSU has accomplished. We will see how NDSU does in the dance this year.

You are right that Saul is probably gone after this year especially if they do well in the Dance but with a new arena coming the Bison will be able to replace him.

Comment

i think ORU will be the favorite next season. They bring back 4 starters and most teams are losing some really good seniors. But should be wide open. I think Denver also has 4 starters back

Comment

SDSU, handled Iowa pretty well in Iowa City, in November of 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                              but but but SDSU had a guy named Nate Wolters so that automatically makes SDSU better. Come on Hando don't use facts to make your argument. That would make way too much sense.
                              Fact #1 - Since 2000 , the Summit/Mid-Continent has had three players selected in the NBA Draft. Fact #2 - Two of those players have stuck on NBA rosters and are currently starting for their respective teams. Fact #3 - Nate Wolters is one of those two players. And the other one is not an NDSU grad. Seems to me that gives a bit of an advantage to the Jacks.

Comment

Nate Wolters > everyone else. Can't argue with that.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X