X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU FANS?

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
    Pay up, sucka!!!
    That is one hell of a memory. Since I was imbibing in alcohol while making that bet/post, I will buy a round for any NDSU fans that post on here during the next NDSU-SDSU game in Brookings.

/hopes Hando's memory isn't that​ good
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Haha good thread, worst part for all you bunny fans is you can't even hang your hat on women's ball....damn yotes.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
        Haha good thread, worst part for all you bunny fans is you can't even hang your hat on women's ball....damn yotes.

BUTTWNIT?

Comment

Bizon fans are odd. One would swear their being worth a crap in Men's BB is an annual occurrence. The reality. Every 4 or 5 years we can expect the Bizon to show up. Congrats BisonBohl enjoy your time; next year it is once again back to the end of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
            Bizon fans are odd. One would swear their being worth a crap in Men's BB is an annual occurrence. The reality. Every 4 or 5 years we can expect the Bizon to show up. Congrats BisonBohl enjoy your time; next year it is once again back to the end of the line.
            I would not be that quick to draw that conclusion. The scrubs for NDSU looked ambitious against Denver. They got Brown and Alexander back. I would be reluctant to say they are at the back of the line. BTW, I read some of your exchanges over on Bisonville and they seem very confident about next year just as we are.

Comment

Haha will be fine, lots talent coming back next year. Both ndsu and sdsu have lots question marks and mins to fill.

Comment

Since moving up to DI I would say NDSU's mens BB team has arguably achieved more success than SDSU has. During the transition NDSU scored big wins over Wisconsin and Marquette. Both teams have danced twice and last year NDSU had a good shot to dance but SDSU won in the championship game. SDSU has made it to the semifinals more than NDSU but they also got beat bad in 2009 and in 2011 in those semifinal games. Yes, NDSU lost in the first round in 2010(OT Loss), 2011 and 2012. I honestly don't know what next year will bring. I know people are high on AJ Jacobson and Brett VandenBergh will be able to play again. Joe Lindberg's days of playing are over basically before they started but coach is honoring his scholarship. Pretty sure NDSU are still sitting on 2 scholarships and last time they sat on a scholarship they found Taylor Braun.

Now if you look at both men's and women's basketball it is no question SDSU has been better. Funny thing when I was in school the NDSU men had some success and the women were winning national championships.

Comment

Haha will be fine, lots talent coming back next year. Both ndsu and sdsu have lots question marks and mins to fill.

2009 just called. It wants its post back.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

This is truth coming from the far far north. Rep pts given.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                      Since moving up to DI I would say NDSU's mens BB team has arguably achieved more success than SDSU has. During the transition NDSU scored big wins over Wisconsin and Marquette. Both teams have danced twice and last year NDSU had a good shot to dance but SDSU won in the championship game. SDSU has made it to the semifinals more than NDSU but they also got beat bad in 2009 and in 2011 in those semifinal games. Yes, NDSU lost in the first round in 2010(OT Loss), 2011 and 2012. I honestly don't know what next year will bring. I know people are high on AJ Jacobson and Brett VandenBergh will be able to play again. Joe Lindberg's days of playing are over basically before they started but coach is honoring his scholarship. Pretty sure NDSU are still sitting on 2 scholarships and last time they sat on a scholarship they found Taylor Braun.

Now if you look at both men's and women's basketball it is no question SDSU has been better. Funny thing when I was in school the NDSU men had some success and the women were winning national championships.
                      Outside of our miserable transition period I'm confused how you can say NDSU has had more success in Men's hoops? The reality is that NDSU and SDSU took different steps to gain success at the D1 level. NDSU builds with a single year in mind while SDSU has gotten to the point where we will have good/great years and above average years. Part of it may be that Miles started the process by building a team that would get him to the tournament, and get him a new job. Saul had to somewhat take the same route when Mile's recruits were gone. I'm pretty sure Saul has bigger things in mind then being head coach at a FB dominated school. I expect Saul to get interviews after the tournament, and if he gets the right offer from a MWC, MVC or maybe even MAC school I expect he will take the job. He' a good coach, from all accounts a good guy and I think he would have a good shot at making some noise at a higher profile school. As for what I see as a more stable program at SDSU, the reason is simple. The much maligned (by Bison fans) Coach Nagy; much like AJ is likely not going anywhere. Not due to there being a lack of interest from the outside, but instead Nagy seems very happy to stay at SDSU. That could change, but for now it seems both Nagy and AJ are fine coaching in Brookings.

Our Women? Yes, far more success. And yes when I was in school at SDSU it was NDSU and UND we were striving to be. I expect the NDSU Women's program will come back. It will take time, but DeHoff should have been gone two years ago. Why NDSU kept her around I will never understand.

Comment

[QUOTE=jacksfan29;250501]
                        Our Women? Yes, far more success. And yes when I was in school at SDSU it was NDSU and UND we were striving to be. I expect the NDSU Women's program will come back. It will take time, but DeHoff should have been gone two years ago. Why NDSU kept her around I will never understand. [/QUOTE]

A lot of people believe it's Lynn Dorn. It really seems like she's driving the womens' programs into the ground. A lot of fans want her gone.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post

butNateWolters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Outside of our miserable transition period I'm confused how you can say NDSU has had more success in Men's hoops? The reality is that NDSU and SDSU took different steps to gain success at the D1 level. NDSU builds with a single year in mind while SDSU has gotten to the point where we will have good/great years and above average years. Part of it may be that Miles started the process by building a team that would get him to the tournament, and get him a new job. Saul had to somewhat take the same route when Mile's recruits were gone. I'm pretty sure Saul has bigger things in mind then being head coach at a FB dominated school. I expect Saul to get interviews after the tournament, and if he gets the right offer from a MWC, MVC or maybe even MAC school I expect he will take the job. He' a good coach, from all accounts a good guy and I think he would have a good shot at making some noise at a higher profile school. As for what I see as a more stable program at SDSU, the reason is simple. The much maligned (by Bison fans) Coach Nagy; much like AJ is likely not going anywhere. Not due to there being a lack of interest from the outside, but instead Nagy seems very happy to stay at SDSU. That could change, but for now it seems both Nagy and AJ are fine coaching in Brookings.

Our Women? Yes, far more success. And yes when I was in school at SDSU it was NDSU and UND we were striving to be. I expect the NDSU Women's program will come back. It will take time, but DeHoff should have been gone two years ago. Why NDSU kept her around I will never understand.
                            There have now been two NCAA appearances plus two other postseason appearances for Bison mbb. SDSU has the same number of NCAA appearances but nothing else yet (this ahould change soon). Who has more DI wins now? My guess without looking is that NDSU is up in that category too.

Comment

Both schools have made it to the tourney twice, SDSU beat New Mexico at the Pit and at Washington. Washington won the regular season championship but didn't make the tourney but they still had 2 guards picked in the first round in Terrance Ross and Tony Wroten Jr. New Mexico was ranked #16 at the time and ended in being a 3 seed in the tourney. Can't speak for Woodside, but the Jacks also had an All-American in Wolters.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                                There have now been two NCAA appearances plus two other postseason appearances for Bison mbb. SDSU has the same number of NCAA appearances but nothing else yet (this ahould change soon). Who has more DI wins now? My guess without looking is that NDSU is up in that category too.
                                Just winning back to back tourny finals is sort of a big deal too not a lot of programs at our level do that so its pretty cool we did. Winning 1 every 4 or 5 years is cool, but back to back at this level is pretty sweet. like your football team winning 3 NC in a row. thats a big deal.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X