Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    Again - I hate to partake in the d*** measuring contest. My comment was made (tongue in cheek) in the NDSU-WIU thread and it has escalated into a pi$$*** match. It wasn't my intention.

I know that there are Bison and Jacks fans that simply hate each other and I know that there are lots more that respect each other in a competitive way. However, anytime I read a post by the king of tools (a body of water - sounds like steaks, but 1/100th as smart as one) I should walk away from my computer and promise not to post anything for 5 days.

When I last watched the Bison, I was impressed with them and leary what our match-up would lead to. (It was before the first game in Fargo)

Last year we got the monkey off our back and Saturday will tell us if that is indeed true. Saturday will go toward how the tourney shakes out - but until the buzzer sounds in the SF arena, this is anyone's ticket to be punched come March. Go Big. Go Blue. Go Jacks!!!

So you post something in the smack section and are surprised when the thread turns into a smackfest? Huh. Then you start name calling.

Cool story bro!

Comment

Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Let's face it and be serious for a moment on something we can all agree on here. Smack threads with ndsu are a million times more fun and worth reading then usd smack threads.

This

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
        Nice to see you need to bring your women in to help you win this argument, it's cute. I guess maybe I could bring in wrestling or volleyball or football but I don't need to.

Our men's basketball program can stand on its own. We are 100-71 since joining the league, have a regular season title, a tournament title and have dominated our rival. Plus we are 16-4 right now and graduate basically nobody. I'm feeling pretty good Rabbits, can't wait for Saturday.
        100-71 huh. Wow, I'm impressed. That's a, what? Almost 60% winning percentage. Color me impressed.

NDSU hasn't been over .500 in conference for the last 3 seasons. Congrats on Woodside and all (you guys won the conference tourney championship by like 15, right?), and you are putting together a good season this year, but it isn't like you are year in, year out contenders...

BTW, SDSU schooled WIU, NDSU got dominated in the second half... tell us again how you were missing one player and another had the sniffles...
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

[QUOTE=HandoEX;219674]I never posted anything about NDSU being better as a program, but head-to-head, 11 for 13 speaks for itself. I get it though...if NDSU had won only two out of 13 games against someone, I'd lose some of my ability to rationally process ideas, too.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaa??? Have heard of people living and dying with a favorite team but never getting smarter or stupider as a result of win or a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            100-71 huh. Wow, I'm impressed. That's a, what? Almost 60% winning percentage. Color me impressed.

NDSU hasn't been over .500 in conference for the last 3 seasons. Congrats on Woodside and all (you guys won the conference tourney championship by like 15, right?), and you are putting together a good season this year, but it isn't like you are year in, year out contenders...

BTW, SDSU schooled WIU, NDSU got dominated in the second half... tell us again how you were missing one player and another had the sniffles...
            '

Didn't know beating a team by 6 points constitutes as "schooling" a team...such high standards you have.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I'm guessing only Oakland has a better record among current Summit teams, so yeah I'm satisfied with it.

You beat WIU by six, that isn't exactly what I would call schooling somebody. It was a good win though so you should be happy. Yeah one of our starting players was puking his guts out in the locker room before and during the game, somehow he even played a few minutes. I wonder how your "schooling" of WIU would have went without two starting players.

I won't make excuses though, we had our chances to win that game and it was our own mistakes that ultimately did us in. Can't turn the ball over in 20% of your possessions and expect to win on the road vs a team like WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Let's face it and be serious for a moment on something we can all agree on here. Smack threads with ndsu are a million times more fun and worth reading then usd smack threads.
                  This is why its not as much fun to smack the yotes.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9hql_mX8fQ

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                    I'm guessing only Oakland has a better record among current Summit teams, so yeah I'm satisfied with it.

You beat WIU by six, that isn't exactly what I would call schooling somebody. It was a good win though so you should be happy. Yeah one of our starting players was puking his guts out in the locker room before and during the game, somehow he even played a few minutes. I wonder how your "schooling" of WIU would have went without two starting players.

I won't make excuses though, we had our chances to win that game and it was our own mistakes that ultimately did us in. Can't turn the ball over in 20% of your possessions and expect to win on the road vs a team like WIU.
                    Oakland and IUPUI have more conference wins and overall wins than NDSU since the XDSU's joined the Summit (as of ESPN this morning). NDSU will pass IUPUI before this season is over, though.

SDSU forced WIU to play our style of basketball. Wolters had a typical game against 2 time defensive POY, 4 players in double figures, their studs were held in check. Maybe it isn't schooling, but SDSU was the better team that night.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      If that is the definition of rational, what is the record of the bison against WIU? My memory of your recent success in Macomb rivals your argument. You may be able to bring a smile that reflects a growth of your rational intellect!)
                      WIU is 6-6 against NDSU.
                      NSDU is 11-2 against SDSU over that time frame.

Yeah, 6-6 really rivals 11-2. Brookings Community College Math

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRosgdFGy6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1Tw1z9gac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbGEcmjfMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlwtGpees4

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                          WIU is 6-6 against NDSU.
                          NSDU is 11-2 against SDSU over that time frame.

Yeah, 6-6 really rivals 11-2. Brookings Community College Math

My selective math is 2 out of the last 3 SDSU vs. bison. Also, I select the last 6 for WIU vs. bison and it is WIU 5-1. The rest belongs in the history book since those players are gone. (Maybe we could get Ben Woodside to channel some moves for the bison this week in Brookings.) It could go to 3-1 in the most recent 4 after Saturday. It is good that the bison are becoming like the yotes and plan their year successful with a W against the Jacks. It will make the game(s) in Sioux Falls a side note to their season.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            It is good that the bison are becoming like the yotes and plan their year successful with a W against the Jacks. It will make the game(s) in Sioux Falls a side note to their season.
                            NDSU has accomplished more in DI basketball than your program and you know it. The domination of the series is simply a plus.

Hey, you can use selective criteria to try to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred all you want, but a donkey is still a donkey. NDSU has had higher levels of DI success in men's basketball and SDSU has had more dire failures. Congrats, SDSU has lasted 24 hours longer in the hometown tournament than NDSU a few times. Hang your hat on that. We'll take bigger wins, conference regular season titles, first place right now, and an 11-2 head-to-head record as an added bonus

Comment

NDSU has accomplished more in DI basketball than your program and you know it.
                              Oh dear lord...
                              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

NDSU has accomplished more in DI basketball than your program and you know it. The domination of the series is simply a plus.

Hey, you can use selective criteria to try to make a donkey look like a thoroughbred all you want, but a donkey is still a donkey. NDSU has had higher levels of DI success in men's basketball and SDSU has had more dire failures. Congrats, SDSU has lasted 24 hours longer in the hometown tournament than NDSU a few times. Hang your hat on that. We'll take bigger wins, conference regular season titles, first place right now, and an 11-2 head-to-head record as an added bonus
                                You have some the early symptoms of Alzheimers. You can remember what happened a long time ago, but things that have occured recently seem to confuse you. At least we now know it is a hometown tourney for the Summit. At least it was not a referee problem. I must have forgotten that one year Woodside played(kind of a recent activity). Recently I attended a game in Fargo(some memories paint that contest a blowout)-however the final shot may have changed the history of that game as well. At his point, I would nearly believe your story that the bison are the regular season conference champs except for a few recent facts of a loss in Macomb and a real close game in Fargo. Now get your little nap in and bring another history lesson.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X