Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu @ wiu

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Reminds me a little of fishing. Put the word "buttfootball" on a hook and its amazing how easy it is to catch a Bison.

Apparently some can be a little sensitive.
    Sensitve yes, plus it seems that at least this one has an inferiority complex. Must come from living in cosmopolitan Fargo. Us toothless SDSU fans just wouldn't know what it is like to be part of such a sophisticated fan base.

Comment

Re: Oh no, we've offended some Bison

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      One more thing before i get that lesson.

Summit tournament records

NDSU men 3-3
      NDSU women 1-4
      Total 4-7

SDSU men 5-3
      SDSU women 12-0
      Total 17-3
      This

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
        Sensitve yes, plus it seems that at least this one has an inferiority complex. Must come from living in cosmopolitan Fargo. Us toothless SDSU fans just wouldn't know what it is like to be part of such a sophisticated fan base.
        Sophisticated and successful, but not sensitive. I simply love gloating about how amazing the athletic programs have been at my alma mater. Not much else to do when it's -100 here in the big city.

Comment

Nice to see you need to bring your women in to help you win this argument, it's cute. I guess maybe I could bring in wrestling or volleyball or football but I don't need to.

Our men's basketball program can stand on its own. We are 100-71 since joining the league, have a regular season title, a tournament title and have dominated our rival. Plus we are 16-4 right now and graduate basically nobody. I'm feeling pretty good Rabbits, can't wait for Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
            Sophisticated and successful, but not sensitive. I simply love gloating about how amazing the athletic programs have been at my alma mater. Not much else to do when it's -100 here in the big city.

You forgot another area where the Bison have a huge lead over us athletically. Number of misdemeanor and felony convictions

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              Nice to see you need to bring your women in to help you win this argument, it's cute. I guess maybe I could bring in wrestling or volleyball or football but I don't need to.

Our men's basketball program can stand on its own. We are 100-71 since joining the league, have a regular season title, a tournament title and have dominated our rival. Plus we are 16-4 right now and graduate basically nobody. I'm feeling pretty good Rabbits, can't wait for Saturday.
              Summit Tournament Men only

SDSU 5-3
              NDSU 3-3

And one more time in case you forget one and done 3 years running, but you are doing better then UMKC since they didn't make the tourney last year. LOL

It has to save your fans so much on hotel room costs, drive down - watch 'em lose - drive back to the "big city"

Comment

Even Southern Utah made it farther than the Bison men last year. Southern Utah.... But at least they did better than KC. ​ButtKC!

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  Summit Tournament Men only

SDSU 5-3
                  NDSU 3-3

And one more time in case you forget one and done 3 years running, but you are doing better then UMKC since they didn't make the tourney last year. LOL

It has to save your fans so much on hotel room costs.
                  You are acting like going one and done angers me. The games with ORU were good college basketball games, we played well and came up a bit short against a team that was better than us. Last year was tough, I'll give you that but it was a learning experience and it is something that is driving the team to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Come on, going one and done three years in a row at the Summit League Tournament isn't good. Downplay it all you want but I know it drives you nuts. This season looks like it could be a repeat of last year for the Bison. Start off fast and stagger to the finish line.

Remember it is not how you start but how you finish that matters.
                    Why do you say that??? Because we lost to a very tough WIU team on the road? I have seen nothing that says the bison will fall off and stagger to the finish line.

Comment

Again - I hate to partake in the d*** measuring contest. My comment was made (tongue in cheek) in the NDSU-WIU thread and it has escalated into a pi$$*** match. It wasn't my intention.

I know that there are Bison and Jacks fans that simply hate each other and I know that there are lots more that respect each other in a competitive way. However, anytime I read a post by the king of tools (a body of water - sounds like steaks, but 1/100th as smart as one) I should walk away from my computer and promise not to post anything for 5 days.

When I last watched the Bison, I was impressed with them and leary what our match-up would lead to. (It was before the first game in Fargo)

Last year we got the monkey off our back and Saturday will tell us if that is indeed true. Saturday will go toward how the tourney shakes out - but until the buzzer sounds in the SF arena, this is anyone's ticket to be punched come March. Go Big. Go Blue. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                        Again - I hate to partake in the d*** measuring contest. My comment was made (tongue in cheek) in the NDSU-WIU thread and it has escalated into a pi$$*** match. It wasn't my intention.

When I last watched the Bison, I was impressed with them and leary what our match-up would lead to. (It was before the first game in Fargo)

Last year we got the monkey off our back and Saturday will tell us if that is indeed true. Saturday will go toward how the tourney shakes out - but until the buzzer sounds in the SF arena, this is anyone's ticket to be punched come March. Go Big. Go Blue. Go Jacks!!!
                        Solid post, my thoughts exactly...except the bolded part.

Comment

You forgot another area where the Bison have a huge lead over us athletically. Number of misdemeanor and felony convictions
                          Oh snap.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Let's face it and be serious for a moment on something we can all agree on here. Smack threads with ndsu are a million times more fun and worth reading then usd smack threads.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

Or cross country, or swimming or....this is getting a little ridiculous.

I will seriously argue with you on your statement at the end of the second-to-last sentence in your post. I think the NCAA will come down hard on any program that doesn't graduate its student athletes. And, in fact, I think you have had some actually graduate since joining D-I, haven't you?

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                                I never posted anything about NDSU being better as a program, but head-to-head, 11 for 13 speaks for itself. I get it though...if NDSU had won only two out of 13 games against someone, I'd lose some of my ability to rationally process ideas, too.
                                If that is the definition of rational, what is the record of the bison against WIU? My memory of your recent success in Macomb rivals your argument. You may be able to bring a smile that reflects a growth of your rational intellect!)
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X