Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Testing the rivalry

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Thanks for the less than mediocre reply. A few of things:1. I don't see a scenario where I would come to Vermillion and watch a sporting event. The way the administration there has consistently shown a complete and utter lack of class just mystifies me. I'm not going to rehash all the things that happen down there in the world's largest septic tank. I can just promise you that I won't spend one second of my life in there. Been there, done that, won't make the mistake again. That said, you've got a lot of great fans. It's a shame the AD can't class it up a bit. We had the pleasure of having a lot of Yote fans join us at tailgate this year. A good time was had by all. That's the way it should be. The other BS isn't tolerated here. 2. If we lost it would be emberassing. It was emberassing to lose the game last year, the game this year, and will be at any time in the future. 3. Finally, this is an internet SMACK forum you moron. We talk SMACK in this thread. I welcome you to town, treat you with respect, hope you have a good time, and buy you a beer after the game. We've got our fans that distinguish themselves too. I will give no apology for cheering hard for the Jacks but I keep it classy. Honestly, we both want our teams to whip the others butts. 4. That game in Vermillion was the absolute definition of your season. We've got bigger fish to fry. Not smack there, just a fact. Good luck Thursday. You're going to need lots of it!SUPERBUNNY
    I'll address your reply, probably less than mediocre in your eyes, but I'll take the gamble.1.) My guess the reason why you'll never come to Vermillion is because you can't handle or accept watching your team get beat. I really think its that simple. You use the excuse of previous years and lack of administrative control, but in all candor, you just can't handle losing to USD. You have no clue what the environment is now. Like I told you, the last time I was in Frost ( with wife), I'd never heard such vulgar garbage before. So really, times have changed at both schools, and the difference between you and I is I will come take it like a man if it goes down to that, you won't.2.) Rest assured, you will get beat again and again into the future by USD. Get used to it, and cut the garbage line you will always be embarrassed ( really need to check your spelling ). 3.) Reverting to name calling shows your true colors. I won't get down into the mud with you on that comment, you're far to experienced. 4.) Enjoy this year, because when Wolters is gone, so is your so called dominance. I personally think you will win big tomorrow night, but because of Nate is a fantastic player, and can be a real game changer. However, if he does tighten up, and we shoot well again, it's feasible we could beat you. Personally, I don't think we have a chance in hell, but more bizarre things have happened in sports.I don't like losing to State in anything. But I am a good sport about it, and don't make excuses when we lose, unlike someone I know on here. I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
      I'll address your reply, probably less than mediocre in your eyes, but I'll take the gamble.1.) My guess the reason why you'll never come to Vermillion is because you can't handle or accept watching your team get beat. I really think its that simple. You use the excuse of previous years and lack of administrative control, but in all candor, you just can't handle losing to USD. You have no clue what the environment is now. Like I told you, the last time I was in Frost ( with wife), I'd never heard such vulgar garbage before. So really, times have changed at both schools, and the difference between you and I is I will come take it like a man if it goes down to that, you won't.2.) Rest assured, you will get beat again and again into the future by USD. Get used to it, and cut the garbage line you will always be embarrassed ( really need to check your spelling ). 3.) Reverting to name calling shows your true colors. I won't get down into the mud with you on that comment, you're far to experienced. 4.) Enjoy this year, because when Wolters is gone, so is your so called dominance. I personally think you will win big tomorrow night, but because of Nate is a fantastic player, and can be a real game changer. However, if he does tighten up, and we shoot well again, it's feasible we could beat you. Personally, I don't think we have a chance in hell, but more bizarre things have happened in sports.I don't like losing to State in anything. But I am a good sport about it, and don't make excuses when we lose, unlike someone I know on here. I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to it.
      O please, I wasn't able to go this year but last year a drunk college student tried picking a fight with me as I was walking to the bathroom for no reason at all other than because I was wearing a Jacks shirt. Losing Nate will hurt, but I still like the Jacks chances against USD in Brookings and in the Summit Tourney every day of week.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        O please, I wasn't able to go this year but last year a drunk college student tried picking a fight with me as I was walking to the bathroom for no reason at all other than because I was wearing a Jacks shirt. Losing Nate will hurt, but I still like the Jacks chances against USD in Brookings and in the Summit Tourney every day of week.
        Seriously gonna take a drunk college kids comments to represent the overall fan base? That's unbelievable. Last year students behind me in Frost popped off also. Actually trying to pick a fight. But that's a college kid. For Gods sake, it's a rivalry game, not a church luncheon.

Comment

Seriously gonna take a drunk college kids comments to represent the overall fan base? That's unbelievable. Last year students behind me in Frost popped off also. Actually trying to pick a fight. But that's a college kid. For Gods sake, it's a rivalry game, not a church luncheon.
          I saw the smack talking at SDSU and most was just all in good fun, but you said how good USD behaves now and how bad SDSU fans behave so I was just pointing a fact. I know it's a rivalry game and I'm fine with that but don't tell me how bad SDSU fans behave. Btw the SDSU/USD football game this year was extremely fun tailgating. Last, my first college game ever was when I was a kid at frost and a couple rabbits were thrown on the floor so I know what type of rivalry is. Just saying don't act all holier than thou and the only reason fans wouldn't go is because they can't stand losing
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            I saw the smack talking at SDSU and most was just all in good fun, but you said how good USD behaves now and how bad SDSU fans behave so I was just pointing a fact. I know it's a rivalry game and I'm fine with that but don't tell me how bad SDSU fans behave. Btw the SDSU/USD football game this year was extremely fun tailgating. Last, my first college game ever was when I was a kid at frost and a couple rabbits were thrown on the floor so I know what type of rivalry is. Just saying don't act all holier than thou and the only reason fans wouldn't go is because they can't stand losing
            I never said USD fans all behaved well, and I certainly never said SDSU fans acted poorly. You talked about your situation and alleged altercation with a drunk USD student. I have said many times the past year I was treated very well in Frost last year, and for the most part at CAS this fall. I just get so sick and tired ( I know it's smack ) of how bad our fans are, and how good yours are. Same state, same people....same mentality. And FYI...I personally want to invite all posters on here to our tailgate next fall. Because at the end of the day, I that's what going to games is all about...supporting your school and interacting and socializing with people you haven't met before.

Comment

Same state, same people....same mentality. And FYI...I personally want to invite all posters on here to our tailgate next fall. Because at the end of the day, I that's what going to games is all about...supporting your school and interacting and socializing with people you haven't met before.
              A clear voice of reason in a cess-pool of smack... and it has to come from a mangy damn coyote!

Comment

I never said USD fans all behaved well, and I certainly never said SDSU fans acted poorly. You talked about your situation and alleged altercation with a drunk USD student. I have said many times the past year I was treated very well in Frost last year, and for the most part at CAS this fall. I just get so sick and tired ( I know it's smack ) of how bad our fans are, and how good yours are. Same state, same people....same mentality. And FYI...I personally want to invite all posters on here to our tailgate next fall. Because at the end of the day, I that's what going to games is all about...supporting your school and interacting and socializing with people you haven't met before.
                I don't think anyone questioned your fans. I think most of us question your administration for encouraging juvenile behavior.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I never said USD fans all behaved well, and I certainly never said SDSU fans acted poorly.......... .

Two posts previous (36 minutes before this), you wrote: "Like I told you, the last time I was in Frost ( with wife), I'd never heard such vulgar garbage before."

I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                    I don't think anyone questioned your fans. I think most of us question your administration for encouraging juvenile behavior.
                    +1

This is where I stand.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Two posts previous (36 minutes before this), you wrote: "Like I told you, the last time I was in Frost ( with wife), I'd never heard such vulgar garbage before."I'm confused.
                      This goes back to when we had prior discussions about fan behavior at both institutions. Maybe 2 years ago. Anyway, a drunk called out my wife and called her a c**t. My point was both schools have these kind of jerks, and I didn't base the SDSU fans on one or two drunks. It happens in the Dome, and happens in Frost

Comment

This goes back to when we had prior discussions about fan behavior at both institutions. Maybe 2 years ago. Anyway, a drunk called out my wife and called her a c**t. My point was both schools have these kind of jerks, and I didn't base the SDSU fans on one or two drunks. It happens in the Dome, and happens in Frost
                        Happened probably 10 years ago or so. It was the last time I was in Frost with my wife, not the last time in Frost

Comment

The one thing we can agree is that students will be students and that should not be the primary barometer Drunks are not the standard at Frost unless I am totally missing these characters in my wandering before the game and at halftime. 10 years ago, there may have been more during the last years of D2. I did not wander around as much prior to game or halftime. However, if there are adults(not students) displaying unacceptable behavior; that could be a problem. I beleive that adults bothering fans from visiting teams is nonexistent. Most recently, I would say that most Jacks fans try to not interact with visitors. It appears people avoid all eye contact with the visitors. Meanwhile, I would expect yoteforever's spouse to be treated better today. Maybe some would question why she is with him()), but even the yote fans should not be threatened.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Yep, less than mediocre but there's no surprise there.
                            1). I can handle losing to anyone including U., but I make my choice not to come to Vermillion purely because of the institutions lack of class. The AD had all of the ticket takers for the MBB game wear "Hate State" T-shirts, the Coyote ran around the court with a "Hate State" t-shirt, and the admisintration failed to follow through on their pledge to make students cover offensive slogans on tshirts. That is why you won't see me there. That is something you would never see out of the administration. I feel bad that you had someone treat your wife in that regard. Had I been there I would have told that dumbass to shut it. Both schools have fans that will distinguish themselves. There's no place for that.
                            2). USD will beat SDSU again in all sports. I will be embarrassed (happy now) each and every time it happens. I hate losing to U. but I don't have ill will for the school. It is very important for the state of South Dakota. Now, I will admit to having a seriously dislike of Abbott and his administration there.
                            3). Get over the name calling already. Its a smack thread. Deal with it.
                            4). I am enjoying this year. We will in all likelyhood never see another player with the skills of Nate Wolters. I plan on savoring every last minute of it.
                            5). Finally, get off your high horse. You don't know anything about me other than a couple of silly text messages in an anonymous chat forum. You have no idea if I'm a good winner, loser, or what kind of a sport I am. I also haven't made one single excuse for getting beat. Not one. We got beat. End of story. You won your Super Bowl! Enjoy it!

See you Thursday night. I do genuinely hope that you have a better experience than the last time. I also hope the Yotes get seriously spanked!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Good thing the Ag College is located at SDSU, as I am sure the manure at the livestock barns would stink more if were located anywhere else.
                              USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                                Good thing the Ag College is located at SDSU, as I am sure the manure at the livestock barns would stink more if were located anywhere else.
                                Oh that so sweet of you, and it comes from some guy called HAREBALLL.

Comment

Working...
                                X