Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Testing the rivalry

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Will there be an over/under on the yotes that show up in Brookings for the men's game? Maybe 75??
    Way over that
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Who thinks we will get 6,000+ again? I'm not sure. It's a weeknight and the forecast high for thursday is a balmy -6 degrees! I'm not as fired up about this one as the NDSU game, but my wife and I are going to make the trip.

I want to see a repeat of last year's game in Brookings after which the Argus ran a classic headline containing the words, "mercy rule"!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Piss pound? Does that mean even the series?
        Alright troll, yes it means even the series in wins and loses. Congrats again on your Super Bowl win. What I want is to pound the pups so bad they are emberassed. That's the diffeence, a loss to you even by one is emberassing. You clowns are willing to freely accept them. I'm talking about making the pups look like the worst team in the conference which isn't far off. Thank goodness for IUPUI or your trip to Sioux Falls might be in jeopardy.

Go back to your hole troll! Oh, but make sure you make the trip up for your whoopin' this Thursday. My guess is 100 'Yote lovers tops have the courage to make the trip.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Who thinks we will get 6,000+ again? I'm not sure. It's a weeknight and the forecast high for thursday is a balmy -6 degrees! I'm not as fired up about this one as the NDSU game, but my wife and I are going to make the trip.

I want to see a repeat of last year's game in Brookings after which the Argus ran a classic headline containing the words, "mercy rule"!
          My guess is around 5,000 for the game. Game is during the week on a forecasted really cold night with the game being broadcast on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            I'm talking about making the pups look like the worst team in the conference which isn't far off. Thank goodness for IUPUI or your trip to Sioux Falls might be in jeopardy.

SUPERBUNNY
            Sorry 'bout bringing facts into a USD smack down, but everyone makes the tournament this year because Omaha is not elgible.

Continue on...

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Sorry 'bout bringing facts into a USD smack down, but everyone makes the tournament this year because Omaha is not elgible.

Continue on...
              Thanks for the correction. Congrats on getting in 'Yotes! They will be a very easy out for whomever is lucky enough to draw them. Besides, they beat us down there so they're phoning in the rest of the season anyway.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Thanks for the correction. Congrats on getting in 'Yotes! They will be a very easy out for whomever is lucky enough to draw them. Besides, they beat us down there so they're phoning in the rest of the season anyway.

SUPERBUNNY
                I realize this is the smack section,so smack away. But calling the Yotes an easy out in Sioux Falls could backfire. Now they do tend to go out and not be competitive more often than not. But ask Greg Kampe if the Yotes can come up and bite you in the a**. They blew the Grizz out in the O'rena where the Jacks have yet to win. The odds aren't great that they can put together a three game run to win the tournament,but they are capable of an upset in any given game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I realize this is the smack section,so smack away. But calling the Yotes an easy out in Sioux Falls could backfire. Now they do tend to go out and not be competitive more often than not. But ask Greg Kampe if the Yotes can come up and bite you in the a**. They blew the Grizz out in the O'rena where the Jacks have yet to win. The odds aren't great that they can put together a three game run to win the tournament,but they are capable of an upset in any given game.
                  Oakland is 10-13 and also lost to Louisiana-Lafayette, they are not exactly world beaters so its not that impressive
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Oakland is 10-13 and also lost to Louisiana-Lafayette, they are not exactly world beaters so its not that impressive
                    And yet Western Illinois is trimmed at the Orena. The OU bunch may not be ready to lay down yet this season. The yotes can throw in a bunch of points. I would wager that the Jacks play a bit more defense and the yotes are kept under 70. That may be all the fans they bring too!!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      I'd be really hesitant to say that until we go down there and beat OU (will we?).

What's definitely not that impressive is losing to both Omaha and KC at home. The fact that those teams won in the dome is maddening when we failed to do so.

Comment

Alright troll, yes it means even the series in wins and loses. Congrats again on your Super Bowl win. What I want is to pound the pups so bad they are emberassed. That's the diffeence, a loss to you even by one is emberassing. You clowns are willing to freely accept them. I'm talking about making the pups look like the worst team in the conference which isn't far off. Thank goodness for IUPUI or your trip to Sioux Falls might be in jeopardy.Go back to your hole troll! Oh, but make sure you make the trip up for your whoopin' this Thursday. My guess is 100 'Yote lovers tops have the courage to make the trip.SUPERBUNNY
                        Such bitterness in your tone SUPERBUNNY. Clowns? Resorting to name calling? Troll? I for one hope we don't get emberassed as you say. I might be more embarrassed about your spelling. You know, the week we played you in Vermillion, I don't recall one time you chimed in. Did you come to Vermillion? If so, you would have been treated well, just like I expect to be treated Thursday night. I was looking at the weather report and is supposed to be around -10. You might win the game, because I had someone tell me the next time you'll beat us is when hell freezes over. Considering Brookings is the next thing to it, hey, who knows, might be a good omen for you. Want to talk about embarrassment? What if USD won? Now that would be emberassing to you. Lastly, unless you're a Yotes fan, how do you know what's acceptable to our fans? And one last question. Do women's teams PISS POUND each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I'd be really hesitant to say that until we go down there and beat OU (will we?). What's definitely not that impressive is losing to both Omaha and KC at home. The fact that those teams won in the dome is maddening when we failed to do so.
                          Pssst....as I said before we played you in Vermillion, we aren't very good. No bragging about piss pounding here.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            Such bitterness in your tone SUPERBUNNY. Clowns? Resorting to name calling? Troll? I for one hope we don't get emberassed as you say. I might be more embarrassed about your spelling. You know, the week we played you in Vermillion, I don't recall one time you chimed in. Did you come to Vermillion? If so, you would have been treated well, just like I expect to be treated Thursday night. I was looking at the weather report and is supposed to be around -10. You might win the game, because I had someone tell me the next time you'll beat us is when hell freezes over. Considering Brookings is the next thing to it, hey, who knows, might be a good omen for you. Want to talk about embarrassment? What if USD won? Now that would be emberassing to you. Lastly, unless you're a Yotes fan, how do you know what's acceptable to our fans? And one last question. Do women's teams PISS POUND each other?
                            Thanks for the less than mediocre reply.

A few of things:

1. I don't see a scenario where I would come to Vermillion and watch a sporting event. The way the administration there has consistently shown a complete and utter lack of class just mystifies me. I'm not going to rehash all the things that happen down there in the world's largest septic tank. I can just promise you that I won't spend one second of my life in there. Been there, done that, won't make the mistake again. That said, you've got a lot of great fans. It's a shame the AD can't class it up a bit. We had the pleasure of having a lot of Yote fans join us at tailgate this year. A good time was had by all. That's the way it should be. The other BS isn't tolerated here.
                            2. If we lost it would be emberassing. It was emberassing to lose the game last year, the game this year, and will be at any time in the future.
                            3. Finally, this is an internet SMACK forum you moron. We talk SMACK in this thread. I welcome you to town, treat you with respect, hope you have a good time, and buy you a beer after the game. We've got our fans that distinguish themselves too. I will give no apology for cheering hard for the Jacks but I keep it classy. Honestly, we both want our teams to whip the others butts.
                            4. That game in Vermillion was the absolute definition of your season. We've got bigger fish to fry. Not smack there, just a fact.

Good luck Thursday. You're going to need lots of it!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Referees reviewing the following play: name calling (moron) within 75 words of claiming to personally "keep it classy". At risk: 15 yards and loss of down.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Referees reviewing the following play: name calling (moron) within 75 words of claiming to personally "keep it classy". At risk: 15 yards and loss of down.
                                Alright, alright. It is a smack thread though. Just having a little smack fun. Was I wrong? Will try and keep it classy myself.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                                X