Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why SDSU > NDSU in basketball

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    They also have the nominations for 2 of the worst halfs played in 2012-13 after tonight. Maybe they were just giving the Roos a glimmer of hope for a win their last Summit game. Then it was a great half!!
    Agreed, we played about as bad as could tonight in the first half. But lets not act like you guys played some great first half against an 8 seed IUPUI who hasnt won a game this year yet, only being up 4 at the half.

Things happen and good teams adjust and find a way to win!

Comment

All things considered, tonight was not a soft first half, it wan an Ugly(capital U) game. Taylor Braun is not at full speed. You can see the soft step on his left(not sure if that is the bad one) foot as he runs and there is no Braun like hard moves with or without basketball. iupui came out with some game, UMKC came out and led by 3 at half with 22 points. Wright still blocks shots and LA still handles the ball, but the only thing working until the double was Bjorklund. Leave Braun on the bench a little more until the rest remember their talent. PS. Remind the Bison faithful there was a game tonight.
      Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
      Agreed, we played about as bad as could tonight in the first half. But lets not act like you guys played some great first half against an 8 seed IUPUI who hasnt won a game this year yet, only being up 4 at the half.

Things happen and good teams adjust and find a way to win!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I went down with about 4 minutes left in the first half and told HandoEx and co. that to get things rolling NDSU needed to look at the 'roos jerseys and pretent they said "State" on them, rather than UMKC, because NDSU never plays that terrible against us.

Bye UMKC, you are awful. Beyond awful. I'm glad I don't have to watch you again.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          All things considered, tonight was not a soft first half, it wan an Ugly(capital U) game. Taylor Braun is not at full speed. You can see the soft step on his left(not sure if that is the bad one) foot as he runs and there is no Braun like hard moves with or without basketball. iupui came out with some game, UMKC came out and led by 3 at half with 22 points. Wright still blocks shots and LA still handles the ball, but the only thing working until the double was Bjorklund. Leave Braun on the bench a little more until the rest remember their talent. PS. Remind the Bison faithful there was a game tonight.
          Beat IPFW, we will take care of WIU, and lets settle this on Tuesday night! Deal?

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I went down with about 4 minutes left in the first half and told HandoEx and co. that to get things rolling NDSU needed to look at the 'roos jerseys and pretent they said "State" on them, rather than UMKC, because NDSU never plays that terrible against us. Bye UMKC, you are awful. Beyond awful. I'm glad I don't have to watch you again.
            I can think of two second halves at Frost the last two years where the Bison have been horrendous. Good seeing you again bud. Good luck against IPFW, they looked fantastic tonight.

Comment

It doesn't take SDSU 4 years to win their next Summit Tourney game after going to the NCAA Tournament
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

By my count, SDSU now has 20 combined Summit wins...

Comment

When we make the SLT finals we win it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Congrats to SDSU...better team tonight!

Comment

Jacks arent one and done winning the tournament.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Congrats Jacks! Good job last night, and good luck in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Congrats Jacks! Good job last night, and good luck in the tournament.
                          Where is the Mt Rushmore cartoon today? Oh well thanks for the congrats. Very thoughtful.

Comment

I'll save it for if/when you guys decide to start your football program up again. I know, I know, butfootball.

Wolters was a complete stud. He made some unbelievable plays, and the rest of the team looked crisp...definitely playing at a high level. The better team won. I was surprised how physical the refs allowed the game to get...and this worked in favor of the Bison (Easy Jacks, it wasn't a complaint). I believe it was Wolters who got absolutely raped at midcourt at the end of the game, and no call at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              I'll save it for if/when you guys decide to start your football program up again. I know, I know, butfootball.

Wolters was a complete stud. He made some unbelievable plays, and the rest of the team looked crisp...definitely playing at a high level. The better team won. I was surprised how physical the refs allowed the game to get...and this worked in favor of the Bison (Easy Jacks, it wasn't a complaint). I believe it was Wolters who got absolutely raped at midcourt at the end of the game, and no call at all.
                              Hopefully you get a bid to the NIT, if not that, the Bison should certainly get a bid to the CBI or CIT or whatever they are called. Next year's Bison team should be really good. As for the Jacks, Nagy doesn't nescessarily need to re-build, but will need to "remodel" the program for life without Nate.

I just hope we can hold the Summit together for the next 5 or 6 years so I can keep going to the tournament. Fun Times! Hopefully, more Bison fans will join in the fun next year.
                              Last edited by 2002jack; 03-13-2013, 01:04 PM.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                Hopefully you get a bid to the NIT, if not that, the Bison should certainly get a bid to the CBI or CIT or whatever they are called. Next year's Bison team should be really good. As for the Jack, Nagy doesn't nescessarily need to re-build, but will need to "remodel" the program for life without Nate.

I just hope we can hold the Summit together for the next 5 or 6 years so I can keep going to the tournament. Fun Times! Hopefully, more Bison fans will join in the fun next year.
                                I am a very casual basketball fan. I used to go to games, but it just isn't worth the price to me now that I've got two young kids. I'll watch games if they are on tv...which usually isn't too often. This was a fun three days, even though I was quite certain of the eventual outcome.

I'm still amazed by the show Wolters put on last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X