Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Former USD Athletes arrested in tax fraud

Originally posted by Chains View Post
    Can I put in an early request for personal plates? Maybe put the score of Saturdays game on it? Jacks 30 -- Yotes 10.

GBGBGJ
    In keeping with this thread, 10 40 would be more appropriate.
    USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
      a but whose 10 40 are we filing. 10 them 40 us or 10 us 40 them you didnt specify. I need to see all your returns from 1980 to now. all receipts, all deposits, everything, bring a clean pair of underwear cause your gonna need it buddy. those guys in verminville havent seen an IRS audit like the one we are going to give you buddy, tell the wife, girlfriend, or "significant other" as to your affliction. you won't be home for supper, or breakfast. we got you by the short hares and we aren't gonna let up till we got the full story, you carrot hoarding, coyote flustering, hole liver*

*(liver in as living in an abode, house, or other dwelling, not the large bodily organ that is filtering all the beer you drank while reading this post)

Comment

When the law gets involved its bad, when the IRS gets involved its worse.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          When the law gets involved its bad, when the IRS gets involved its worse.
          On a serious note, how much was known about this when Ed got his walking papers?
          Last edited by Nidaros; 11-17-2012, 05:52 AM. Reason: Just throwing a question out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            On a serious note, how much was known about this when Ed got his walking papers?
            On a conspiraters note: Interesting question. USD administration let's the cat out of the bag the week of the school's "super bowl", an away game that the school spent lots of money unnecesarily to build up. More attention on game=less attention on agregious act by students/athletes?
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              On a conspiraters note: Interesting question. USD administration let's the cat out of the bag the week of the school's "super bowl", an away game that the school spent lots of money unnecesarily to build up. More attention on game=less attention on agregious act by students/athletes?
              The US Attorneys in SD and Fl let the cat out of the bag. US Senator Tim Johnson son Brennen is the US Attorney in SD. The timing has all to do with the readiness to prosecute and nothing to do with the SDSU-USD game.

Comment

Yeah I don't think there is anything with the timing. When it comes to the feds they make announcements it means they believe they can prosecute, and generally the feds are pretty good at prosecuting.

On a side note, I talked to a few former USD students, and they knew some of them, and they said looking back there were signs something was going on. Kids who are believed to have come from little, are driving way too expensive vehicles, spending way more money then the average student, etc. Though it is easy to look back and see those signs, it does have to wonder who knew what, when.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Yeah I don't think there is anything with the timing. When it comes to the feds they make announcements it means they believe they can prosecute, and generally the feds are pretty good at prosecuting.

On a side note, I talked to a few former USD students, and they knew some of them, and they said looking back there were signs something was going on. Kids who are believed to have come from little, are driving way too expensive vehicles, spending way more money then the average student, etc. Though it is easy to look back and see those signs, it does have to wonder who knew what, when.
                  I guess those would be real signs of wrong doing, but The Argus article today says that this investigation has been going on for a long time. So this no doubt was a good reason to fire Ed since he recruited these kids, and the fact that they were under investigation was enough to can Ed. This is my the reading between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    The US Attorneys in SD and Fl let the cat out of the bag. US Senator Tim Johnson son Brennen is the US Attorney in SD. The timing has all to do with the readiness to prosecute and nothing to do with the SDSU-USD game.
                    Tim Johnson went to school where?

Just kidding... the thread is in smack.

Comment

Fast Eddie expressed surprise at the allegations against his former players. You have to give him the benefit of any doubt on that. And to USD's credit, the current Coyote player facing charges was suspended. That's more responsible than looking the other way, which is what NDSU did, for the most part, when several of its student-athletes helped make a mockery of a statewide election.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

What is Ed suppose to say though? Yeah I had an idea and I let it continue? I don't have a problem with the argus calling him, but they made it sound like it was breaking news, and a surprise he said what he said.

Comment

wonder if they did Ed's return?

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                            That's funny. Good one

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              wonder if they did Ed's return?
                              Ed's returning?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                Ed's returning?
                                no ed's 1040

Comment