Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USeD

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
    Yeah cold weather empties out Montana and Montana State.... Oh wait, as Witness said earlier in the thread - only the first half counts. Classic!Must have been just chilly two weeks prior to the 3918 attendance game when 7724 showed to see Missouri State.Late season games will not have good turnout unless it is Hobo Day or NDSU/USD. At least your AD is smart and begged the MVFC to make USD or NDSU you last home game yearly.
    I said the first half is a true testament to attendance numbers, but I didn't say that they didn't count. What's funny is you are talking smack about our lack of attendance in the second half of year, yet the average attendance in the second half is on par with USDs attendance in a dome all year. Kind of ironic if you ask me.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I said the first half is a true testament to attendance numbers, but I didn't say that they didn't count. What's funny is you are talking smack about our lack of attendance in the second half of year, yet the average attendance in the second half is on par with USDs attendance in a dome all year. Kind of ironic if you ask me.
      3918? Wow!

Comment

3918? Wow!
        SDSU Average attendance after October 1 last 3 seasons, 11,600. USD can't even sniff those attendance numbers. That is all. Next!

Comment

Your first year in the Valley you sent your Seniors out with a rousing crowd of 3276 - Ryan Berry set a record that day for TD completions - Big Time!

Comment

Your first year in the Valley you sent your Seniors out with a rousing crowd of 3276 - Ryan Berry set a record that day for TD completions - Big Time!
            Still ignoring the fact that SDSU averages more fans in their "worst attended games" than USD can even pull on a good day. Hahaha

Comment

Homecoming game and pink slime bowl do well. The rest of your late season games suck unless the Bison take over CAS.

Comment

Yeah cold weather empties out Montana and Montana State.... Oh wait, as Witness said earlier in the thread - only the first half counts. Classic!Must have been just chilly two weeks prior to the 3918 attendance game when 7724 showed to see Missouri State.Late season games will not have good turnout unless it is Hobo Day or NDSU/USD. At least your AD is smart and begged the MVFC to make USD or NDSU you last home game yearly.

Don't let facts get in the way of your lame assertion

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Second half ticket sales are lower, but they are not the disaster they are being made out to be by Yotes in this thread.

10/17 - 14188
                10/24 - 15523
                11/7 - 10317

10/9 - 11353
                10/23 - 14697
                11/6 - 7724
                11/19 - 3918

10/1 - 12313
                10/15 - 11131
                10/22 - 14823
                11/5 - 12147

For the last 3 seasons, our after October 1 average is 11,648. There are around 10,000 seats at CAS.

Some fans don't go to SDSU games because they literally don't have a place to sit. SDSU has more fans than seats and needs to build a new stadium to accommodate those fans.

USD has more seats than fans and needs to renovate their dome to...?

Please explain how expanding CAS is the exact same waste of money as expanding a Dome that is rarely close to full.

Comment

Still ignoring the fact that SDSU averages more fans in their "worst attended games" than USD can even pull on a good day. Hahaha
                  This.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                    This info has been posted elsewhere on this Board, but I think it is very relevant to this discussion in terms of fan support, attendance and free tickets. According to the Board of Regents report for the 10-11 academic year, gate receipts at SDSU were $981,423 and for USD, $242,425. So SDSU brought in about 4 times as much in ticket sales. I realize the prices are different for some events but it is still a good indicator of overall fan support. The other primary forms of fan support are donations and in many cases corporate sponsorships. In donations, SDSU had $1,101.225 to USD's $875,501 and Corporate Support, SDSU $1,040,585 and USD $366,585.
                    http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...cCommB/I_E.pdf

The report for 11-12 will probably be out this December. The numbers in 09-10 were quite similar to those for 10-11.
                    And the few fans that USD does get to come to the game get in for free. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Hey YF if we come down to vermintown looks like we will be tailgating alone.
                      Nah. Somewhere around 7900 people. That's it. No more. But, they will be having fun. I'd rather party with 7900 fans having fun than 11,600 monks at a monastery. Hell, you're even Peking on Nidaros flakes. Lolololol

Comment

Your worst attended games? We are in year one of the Valley. Your 3200 for the last home game your first year in the Valley is less than half our average.

Comment

Your worst attended games? We are in year one of the Valley. Your 3200 for the last home game your first year in the Valley is less than half our average.
                          Once again I said average of worst attended games is more than USD can pull on a good day. Reading comprehension must not be taught at USD

Comment

Once again I said average of worst attended games is more than USD can pull on a good day. Reading comprehension must not be taught at USD
                            You are right - 3200 is big time support and close to NDSU and UNI. Big 10 take notice!

Comment

You are right - 3200 is big time support and close to NDSU and UNI. Big 10 take notice!
                              I'm sorry I can't hear behind 11,600 after October 1

Comment

Pretty much everything you write is wrong.

In 2009, Montana averaged 24417 at home. When they played SDSU in 19,197 attended a playoff game in late November when the weather was below 40 all day. So cold weather does dampen attendance numbers late in the season, even for mighty Montana.

The 7724 that showed up for Missouri State would be considered a decent crowd in the Dome, you are holding it up as failure for SDSU. LOL

Just to sum up your position:

SDSU only draws well early in the season, for Hobo Day, and NDSU/USD. Even if this were true (it isn't), that means SDSU will draw poorly (read still better than USD) for 1 game a year.

USD draws well...? Let's see, there's the games when SDSU comes to town and...

At least our AD didn't have to beg for admission, then stab a conference in the back just to get membership with their big brother.
                                Last edited by SF_Rabbit_Fan; 10-01-2012, 06:10 PM. Reason: clarity
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X