Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USeD

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Were you in the band? You fight like a girl. In addition to a weak post, it's uninformed as well. What is sooner, what is later regarding your new stadium? How many will it hold? If you aren't selling out now, does it make any sense to spend multi million $'s so you can be more comfortable? You refer to your fan base as loyal fans, but as you acknowledge in reality it's a pain in the ass to go sometimes? There's loyalty for ya. You then say the Dome is a poor GAMEDAY atmosphere? I have been in both, and played in both, and I assure you the experience in BOTH facilities is excellent when big games are involved. You will witness that yourself November 17th (unless of course it's to much of a pain to go). Then again so brilliantly you argue the Dome will never would be able to expand seating. Hate to tell you this genius, but in the facilities proposal going before the BOR, it will include plans making the west side permanent seating, increasing capacity to 16,000. That's gonna happen, as you say .......sooner than later. The only argument you may have correct us would it be a waste of money. The answer to that might be yes, only time will tell. But it is the exact same waste of money you will spend in making your new stadium larger and more comfortable. Personally speaking, I would prefer games outside, but if survey the league, almost half the stadiums are enclosed. Of the 4 schools in the Dakotas, only one has an outdoor venue. That has to give you a huge advantage in recruiting (rolls eyes). Now regarding your opening line, my momma didn't wear ombat boots, but my sister did, and lost a limb in doing so, and I would bet the family farm she could kick your arse. But understanding you meant nothing by your opening line other than an age old insult to start a ruckus, I won't take it personal.
    Its not set in stone yet but you failed to see the point which is understanding considering your a usd2 grad. Our stadium will only get bigger and better. Maybe 5 years. Maybe 10 but it will happen. 50 years from now usd will still be playing in the same dump to 8000 people. I would be willing to make a bet that when sdsu gets a new stadium attendance goes up avg 2K per game. . We had over 11K fans 14K and our second in the dakotas for attendance. Your last. Even if you could double the size of the dome your attendance would not change 1 person no matter how many free tickets they give away.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

if survey the league, almost half the stadiums are enclosed.
      They teach funny math at USD.

Missouri Valley Football Conference

Illinois State - Outdoor

Indiana State - Outdoor

Missouri State - Outdoor

NDSU - Indoor

Northern Iowa - Indoor

South Dakota - Indoor

South Dakota State - Outdoor

Southern Illinois - Outdoor

Western Illinois - Outdoor

Youngstown State - Outdoor

So of 10 Stadiums 3 are indoors. If they teach that 3 is "almost half" of 10 at USD is it any wonder your athletic department is having so many problems with funding and Title IX
      Last edited by LakeJack; 10-01-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

It's about time we get this USD Smack thing fired up again.

Two things that make me laugh outloud:

1. USD the Harvard of the Plains

2. USD is South Dakota's team.

Both are just absolutely ludicrous and are the exact type of things that I would expect to come out of the mouth of a Yotie.

The facts are more along this:

1. USD- SDSU's little bitch for more than 100 years

2. USD- Home of the Dakota Dome, the world's largest septic tank.

3. USD- We follow our leaders, at SDSU, every step of the way.

4. USD- proudly serving those that couldn't get into the state's premier institution for more than 100 years.

5. USD- Our facilities may suck but we're located in beautiful Vermillion.

I could do this stuff all day! That beatdown at CAS can't come soon enough!

Screw the U!!!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Then again so brilliantly you argue the Dome will never would be able to expand seating. Hate to tell you this genius, but in the facilities proposal going before the BOR, it will include plans making the west side permanent seating, increasing capacity to 16,000. That's gonna happen, as you say .......sooner than later. The only argument you may have correct us would it be a waste of money. The answer to that might be yes, only time will tell. But it is the exact same waste of money you will spend in making your new stadium larger and more comfortable.
          Second half ticket sales are lower, but they are not the disaster they are being made out to be by Yotes in this thread.

10/17 - 14188
          10/24 - 15523
          11/7 - 10317

10/9 - 11353
          10/23 - 14697
          11/6 - 7724
          11/19 - 3918

10/1 - 12313
          10/15 - 11131
          10/22 - 14823
          11/5 - 12147

For the last 3 seasons, our after October 1 average is 11,648. There are around 10,000 seats at CAS.

Some fans don't go to SDSU games because they literally don't have a place to sit. SDSU has more fans than seats and needs to build a new stadium to accommodate those fans.

USD has more seats than fans and needs to renovate their dome to...?

Please explain how expanding CAS is the exact same waste of money as expanding a Dome that is rarely close to full.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Can someone help with the history of this "Harvard on the Plains" claim?
            Was it trotted out as an answer to the SDSU decision to go D-1, when many USD fans derided SDSU for doing what USD is trying to catch up on now?
            If so, isn't it the ultimate irony that a USD fan would throw out the claim in the middle of an argument about whether or not USD has caught up to SDSU in D-1 matters?

Comment

Those asshats in Vermillion were touting their decision to stay at D2 as the best thing for USD as their focus always has been, is, and always will be on academics. One of their talking heads said that they are focusing more on being the "Harvard of the Plains".

That was, is, and always be a laughable joke! Funny how the Coyote always seems to follow the rabbit.

I can't effing wait to bury those clowns!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I thought they were spouting off being the "Princeton of the Plains", not the "Harvard of the Plains"

In any case, I'm looking forward to going to the Dome later this month... home of the Vermillion Tanagers!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

When I created this thread, I never, in a million years, thought it would turn into a Scott Hoy bash-fest.

That was one of the most unexpected turns I've ever seen.

I'll hold to my original smack. At least poor old High school coach Ed could win at the Dome.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

That 3918 attendance was a freezing, snowy, cold and miserable day. You're going to have that with an outside stadium but it doesn't reflect attendance that year.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

This info has been posted elsewhere on this Board, but I think it is very relevant to this discussion in terms of fan support, attendance and free tickets. According to the Board of Regents report for the 10-11 academic year, gate receipts at SDSU were $981,423 and for USD, $242,425. So SDSU brought in about 4 times as much in ticket sales. I realize the prices are different for some events but it is still a good indicator of overall fan support. The other primary forms of fan support are donations and in many cases corporate sponsorships. In donations, SDSU had $1,101.225 to USD's $875,501 and Corporate Support, SDSU $1,040,585 and USD $366,585.
                      http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...cCommB/I_E.pdf

The report for 11-12 will probably be out this December. The numbers in 09-10 were quite similar to those for 10-11.

Comment

Harvard of the Plains? Princeton of the Plains? Does that refer to the prowess of USD athletic programs? How are the Coyotes' crew and fencing teams doing?
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Sign me up for a GAMEDAY experience in Brookings AFTER reading YOUR POSTS about the Gestapo, fans sitting on their hands, fighting over beer sales, how some of you "seasoned" fans smuggle flasks into the stadium. I am laughing my ass off right now after being told how great your fan base is. Hell, want a good time, come down to Vermillion, tailgate WITHOUT hassle, come INSIDE THE DOME, and have a beer on COYOTE LANDINGS. I am rolling on the ground watching you spat about all your troubles, boring games, strict police....boy, sounds like a blast to me. One guy even didn't get enough water at the beef tent. LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                            This info has been posted elsewhere on this Board, but I think it is very relevant to this discussion in terms of fan support, attendance and free tickets. According to the Board of Regents report for the 10-11 academic year, gate receipts at SDSU were $981,423 and for USD, $242,425. So SDSU brought in about 4 times as much in ticket sales. I realize the prices are different for some events but it is still a good indicator of overall fan support. The other primary forms of fan support are donations and in many cases corporate sponsorships. In donations, SDSU had $1,101.225 to USD's $875,501 and Corporate Support, SDSU $1,040,585 and USD $366,585.
                            http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...cCommB/I_E.pdf

The report for 11-12 will probably be out this December. The numbers in 09-10 were quite similar to those for 10-11.
                            Hey YF if we come down to vermintown looks like we will be tailgating alone.

Comment

Worst thread ever.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                That 3918 attendance was a freezing, snowy, cold and miserable day. You're going to have that with an outside stadium but it doesn't reflect attendance that year.
                                Yeah cold weather empties out Montana and Montana State.... Oh wait, as Witness said earlier in the thread - only the first half counts. Classic!Must have been just chilly two weeks prior to the 3918 attendance game when 7724 showed to see Missouri State.Late season games will not have good turnout unless it is Hobo Day or NDSU/USD. At least your AD is smart and begged the MVFC to make USD or NDSU you last home game yearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X