USD's declining Campus Enrollment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD's declining Campus Enrollment

For what its worth, I think in June I took a trip to Vermillion and drove around. I was very impressed with the construction projects, many I suppose for the purpose of increasing enrollment. It looked very active in terms of students enrolled for summer courses. The methods for counting enrollement may not be up to snuff. So what, I think USD is alive and well. Yoteforever has been around here a a long time. I recall back in D2 days on D2 football.com there were two USD guys posting, Coyotefan and Yoteforever.

BTW, I concluded my visit in Vermillion with a stop at Toby's Chicken in Meckling. Its great chicken, something I missed since selling my house in Columbus Ne in 2005. I made many enjoyable stops at Toby's coming and going from SDSU events. The King Lanes or Schmidty's chicken in Arlington is good but it does not top Toby's.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      For what its worth, I think in June I took a trip to Vermillion and drove around. I was very impressed with the construction projects, many I suppose for the purpose of increasing enrollment. It looked very active in terms of students enrolled for summer courses. The methods for counting enrollement may not be up to snuff. So what, I think USD is alive and well. Yoteforever has been around here a a long time. I recall back in D2 days on D2 football.com there were two USD guys posting, Coyotefan and Yoteforever.

BTW, I concluded my visit in Vermillion with a stop at Toby's Chicken in Meckling. Its great chicken, something I missed since selling my house in Columbus Ne in 2005. I made many enjoyable stops at Toby's coming and going from SDSU events. The King Lanes or Schmidty's chicken in Arlington is good but it does not top Toby's.
      I grew up a half mile from Tobys chicken and never got sick of it. And it is the best chicken around.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        I am not debating you on this board in front of Jacks fans. Please do me and several others on both boards a big favor and spell TRUELY correct. It is TRULY. Go to www.urbandictionary.com to confirm. You'll understand
        I missed Truly but noticed adminedly. I think he was trying to say or spell ADMITTEDLY. Plus i believe a comma after that should have been used.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I missed Truly but noticed adminedly. I think he was trying to say or spell ADMITTEDLY. Plus i believe a comma after that should have been used.
          There's nothing better on a quiet weekend than watching two Coyote fans go at it on the Jacks board !

Comment

Bunch of English/Journalism majors on the board It's USeD, it's smack, it's a pup fan.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              There's nothing better on a quiet weekend than watching two Coyote fans go at it on the Jacks board !
              Cat fight!

Comment

Part of our overall plan to conquer and divide.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

All in all, a great improvement to manner in which the information is reported. The new analysis is much more meaningful than the old reporting. Those numbers should make some schools pause and reconsider building plans.
                  I wonder how the dorms are for SDSU. I know several years ago the had people stay in either community rooms in the dorms or hotel rooms but they have built 5(?) dorms over the last 2 years. I don't know how many rooms are in each dorm but that should be more the the 500 students they've gained over the last 5 years. I wonder if they will get more upperclassmen to live in the dorms or not. Do they require the sophomores to live in the dorms? Maybe that is something they are looking at.
                  This is all just a guess. I don't even know how many dorms they have built so you know how into it I am.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I wonder how the dorms are for SDSU. I know several years ago the had people stay in either community rooms in the dorms or hotel rooms but they have built 5(?) dorms over the last 2 years. I don't know how many rooms are in each dorm but that should be more the the 500 students they've gained over the last 5 years. I wonder if they will get more upperclassmen to live in the dorms or not. Do they require the sophomores to live in the dorms? Maybe that is something they are looking at.
                    This is all just a guess. I don't even know how many dorms they have built so you know how into it I am.
                    Drove by yesterday....it's a lot of dorms. That is my technical answer. They probably will bring back the sophomores have to live in the dorms rule. It looks like they have two more sets of dorms on the slate as well. Definitely not the same campus it was 5 years ago,let alone almost 19 years ago when I first went.........
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      Unless something has changed, you are required to stay on campus first and second years. You can petition to get out of that. Not sure on the requirements, but I think while I was there (01-07) it was fairly easy to get out your second year because the dorms were so full.

Oh yeah....I forgot...this is smack. USeD sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        Part of our overall plan to conquer and divide.
                        You and Coyote Fan are doing a great job on the dividing part,but there is a long ways to go on the conquer end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          You and Coyote Fan are doing a great job on the dividing part,but there is a long ways to go on the conquer end of it.
                          Actually it's an act. The conquer part will come on 11/17. Hate State

Comment

Screw the U.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

What's your mother do
                              USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                Screw the U.