X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• da_coach
    replied
    Re: You can have all the wins ya want but ya aint winning in Vermillion

CF, congrats on the win. Glad your students were able to storm the court.

Hope you all have your televisions set to espn when our crowd rushes the court in Sioux Falls in March.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Not winning in Vermillion basically just cost your team a shot at the conference title
    Please explain this nonesense???Please tell me your not that stupid

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

USD deserves credit for developing and executing a game plan that gave them a chance to win. SDSU deserves criticism for not responding to that plan and for not executing when SDSU clearly has superior talent. SDSU deserves credit for getting back into the game and then again, criticism for not finishing it with a win. SDSU is a much better team than USD this year. One loss does not change that fact one bit. I've heard plenty of gloating from USD fans this weekend and that I can deal with. It seems a little misplaced but it is understandable.

Fact, SDSU is a much better team than USD right now. If you look at the body of work for both teams that conclusion is obvious. A victory over USD was unlikely to affect the outcome of the regular season. ORU is and was going to win the conference regardless. SDSU went into the game flat hoping USD would not rise to the occasion and expecting to win even if USD did play their best. Well, what some thought was impossible, clearly was not. So, yote fans, don't get carried away. Credit and fault in this situation are pretty equal. At the end of the day, season, year SDSU is at the top of the conference and USD is at the bottom, exactly where both of them were expected to be and belong.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

the way the yote fans talk its like they won by forty instead of just 4. don't matter a loss is a loss, the yotes did not control that game and one rebound, a two or three, and some free throws made, the Jacks could have pulled it out. letting a 20 something lead go to a one point lead is not dominating. on an off night like this and the Jacks still had a chance. brag and gloat for one night or your week. come next weekend no one is going to care about this game till they play it again next year.

Leave a comment:

• Madi V:)Mitchell
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I think maybe someone needs to get back on their meds.
    Enough Said.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Just to clarify: Are you saying this as a fair-weather Yote fan in February or the wannabe Jackrabbit fan of January who was ridiculing the Yotes?
    I think maybe someone needs to get back on their meds.
    Last edited by bigticket1; 02-12-2012, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Not winning in Vermillion basically just cost your team a shot at the conference title and if your fanbase truley doesn't care about winning the game than you will have the Yotes spoil alot of what you are trying to accomplish over the years. If Nagy wants to downplay the importance of the game that is fine but the Yotes aren't going away and if the Jacks just treat it as a normal game they will probably lose more than not. Some games you have to step up your game to win. When Duke plays UNC they know they need to step up their game on that occasion. The Jacks would not win 90% of the games they played in Vermillion because they would never play in front of a crowd like they would get when they play at a place like UMKC. The Coyotes had plenty of energy left for the NDSU game and actually played very well for the most part. NDSU won because they played a great road game. Sorry to be a bit too rational in a smack thread.

When the media and fans talk about the USD upset over SDSU they are forgetting one major factor that played out in that game. What other team is going to be able to have the home court advantage against a particular team improve against one team as much as the home court advantage improved for the Yotes when they played SDSU. You can go into all the other teams gyms in the Summit and the environment isn't going to much different than it usually is. When the Jacks and Yotes play each other the home team is going to get a major boost from the crowd. There is nothing that will ever realistically be able to change that. The Yotes are always going to play their best against the Jacks when they are in Vermillion because the atmosphere is just a totally different than any other game. The shooting environment has been fairly mentioned as it probably played a small role but the Jacks were going to need to play better than a usual game to win even against a USD team that is at the bottom of the Summit. Basketball is an energy game and many intangibles can overcome a talent gap which is exactly what happened in the game in Vermillion. Don't critisize your team too badly because the Yotes had alot more to do with you losing than the Jacks did themselves.
    Just to clarify: Are you saying this as a fair-weather Yote fan in February or the wannabe Jackrabbit fan of January who was ridiculing the Yotes?

Leave a comment:

• Coyote_Fan
    replied

Not winning in Vermillion basically just cost your team a shot at the conference title and if your fanbase truley doesn't care about winning the game than you will have the Yotes spoil alot of what you are trying to accomplish over the years. If Nagy wants to downplay the importance of the game that is fine but the Yotes aren't going away and if the Jacks just treat it as a normal game they will probably lose more than not. Some games you have to step up your game to win. When Duke plays UNC they know they need to step up their game on that occasion. The Jacks would not win 90% of the games they played in Vermillion because they would never play in front of a crowd like they would get when they play at a place like UMKC. The Coyotes had plenty of energy left for the NDSU game and actually played very well for the most part. NDSU won because they played a great road game. Sorry to be a bit too rational in a smack thread.

When the media and fans talk about the USD upset over SDSU they are forgetting one major factor that played out in that game. What other team is going to be able to have the home court advantage against a particular team improve against one team as much as the home court advantage improved for the Yotes when they played SDSU. You can go into all the other teams gyms in the Summit and the environment isn't going to much different than it usually is. When the Jacks and Yotes play each other the home team is going to get a major boost from the crowd. There is nothing that will ever realistically be able to change that. The Yotes are always going to play their best against the Jacks when they are in Vermillion because the atmosphere is just a totally different than any other game. The shooting environment has been fairly mentioned as it probably played a small role but the Jacks were going to need to play better than a usual game to win even against a USD team that is at the bottom of the Summit. Basketball is an energy game and many intangibles can overcome a talent gap which is exactly what happened in the game in Vermillion. Don't critisize your team too badly because the Yotes had alot more to do with you losing than the Jacks did themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Count me as one Jackrabbit fan who doesn't care if we never win in Vermillion again, if it means we can have all the wins we want. I will take 20 win seasons, top two conference finishes, and an occasional Big Dance berth over winning in Vermillion from now until eternity.
    But...but the rivalry....and the bragging rights...and what it means to the state.....you guys just don't understand.....you need to fall in line with the media's thinking.....

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Count me as one Jackrabbit fan who doesn't care if we never win in Vermillion again, if it means we can have all the wins we want. I will take 20 win seasons, top two conference finishes, and an occasional Big Dance berth over winning in Vermillion from now until eternity.
    Agree!!! I could care less if they they win in Verm. Sure it's nice but I'd the Jacks make the dance I could care less if they lost to USD in Verm much less DSU

Leave a comment:

• Prairiehaas
    replied

Boy Howdy there.

Leave a comment:

• NoVaJack
    replied

NDSU laying an 11-point loss on Coyotes in Vermillon tonight re-aligns planets and points out what an aberration that loss was.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

NDSU currently beating the puppies 48-42

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I see Coyote Fan is entering one of his manic stages again. I'm studying whether banning him would constitute a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act...looks like it may. Best to let him sit, ignored, in his own little dark, inconsistent world.
    I trust your legal judgement. We need a chuckle now and then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X