Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to pound the pups!

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    IMO you're cool, most of the time you have better perspective and input than the 30+ fanatical crowd that usually posts here, myself included.

I may go insane if we lose tomorrow after losing to NDSU for the last 50 years.
    Amen, your take on a number of topics is very interesting and for a 14 year old. You seem to keep up on a number of things.
    I hope my comment last week did not dampen your spirit. If it did, I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Amen, your take on a number of topics is very interesting and for a 14 year old. You seem to keep up on a number of things.
      I hope my comment last week did not dampen your spirit. If it did, I apologize.
      No, it wasn't yours.
      Great moments are born from great opportunities.
      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        This "rivalry" is different because you have to factor in the 8 year hiatus. Had USD not missed the bus on the move up, then the rivalry would still be relevant on Thursday. But, it is going to take a year or two for 605 to catch up in football and basketball. Think about how long it took SDSU, even with good players, to become a real contender in the Summit. I, for one, hope that we can see a day when both South Dakota schools and NDSU are atop the conference like in the NCC days.

If we are looking to blame anyone for the lack of a true rivalry feel, perhaps we should ask the USD administration why they drug their feet for so long.
        Naw, we already know who flung poo about this. If we want to keep the vermin anchoring the Summit/MVFC we need to ask the SD Legislature to enforce the Title IX requirements on USD like they did on SDSU.

Comment

Think about where SDSU was compared to ORU and Oakland when we first entered the league. That is where USD is at right now, with or without a road game victory.
          Stu just did this last March, mainly concerning Oakland. Calling Stu...Is Oakland still miles ahead of the Jacks like they were last March?

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
            I said I was getting off but I didn't cuz I wanted to see what everybody said haha! Sorry! And I will get off soon.....but I'll think about sticking around. I just don't like the fact that because I'm 14....no one cares. But hey Thanks!
            Don't take any offense to anything posted on an internet chat forum. Especially something in a SMACK thread. That's kind of the point. You've always got a good/uniques perspective us old farts either don't see or can't remember (ha!).

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

How many of those road losses were a result of the guys that are on this team currently? What I am saying is that, from top to bottom, would you trade the rosters of SDSU and USD? Granted the Yotes have a few good players at one or two positions, but overall the SDSU roster is deeper. And that is a direct result of being in a higher level and a better conference longer.

Think about where SDSU was compared to ORU and Oakland when we first entered the league. That is where USD is at right now, with or without a road game victory.
              Not arguing this point just coming at it from the perspective of a transitioning program. No disrespect to the players who lead SDSU through the transition but the talent level was no where near what it is now. Same is likely to be true for USD although I don't think Boots is going to stay, I think he is done very soon. Point I was trying to make is that USD shouldn't be expected to win road games at this stage in their progression to DI. That, of course, includes the game tonight. So, the Jacks should indeed pound them.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Not arguing this point just coming at it from the perspective of a transitioning program. No disrespect to the players who lead SDSU through the transition but the talent level was no where near what it is now. Same is likely to be true for USD although I don't think Boots is going to stay, I think he is done very soon. Point I was trying to make is that USD shouldn't be expected to win road games at this stage in their progression to DI. That, of course, includes the game tonight. So, the Jacks should indeed pound them.
                Agreed.

This is why I'm not nearly as pumped for this game as some fans. The rivalry, as I experienced it, was based in the fact that the teams were very evenly matched. I assume that after a season or two in the Summit, we will see USD's program develop the depth that will once again make the rivalry what it once was...but for now it is more novelty to many.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Madi - like everyone (for the most part has said) - don't take anything on an anonymous Fan Board personally! You are a testament to the youth of today that are headed in the right direction. (compared to any who might be a Coyote Fan for that matter!)

Comment

I also wanted to mention a good omen that happened to me this morning on my way in to work (I had my wife with me, who had some appointments in Norfolk today). We were southbound on Highway 81, about 10 miles north of town and I looked to the west and saw a big, mangy Coyote running full speed to the west. (true story - the sun was still under, but it was light enough to see this mutt) The best part of the story, is that there wasn't a Jackrabbit anywhere in sight (excluding me and my wife and the Jackrabbit sticker on our back window!!)

By my calculations, he is nearing White River and I'm pretty sure he's going to keep on running!

Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!! (Today and EVERYday!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                      I also wanted to mention a good omen that happened to me this morning on my way in to work (I had my wife with me, who had some appointments in Norfolk today). We were southbound on Highway 81, about 10 miles north of town and I looked to the west and saw a big, mangy Coyote running full speed to the west. (true story - the sun was still under, but it was light enough to see this mutt) The best part of the story, is that there wasn't a Jackrabbit anywhere in sight (excluding me and my wife and the Jackrabbit sticker on our back window!!)

By my calculations, he is nearing White River and I'm pretty sure he's going to keep on running!

Ahhh, I thought the story was going in direction of "and then I hit the mangy coyote with my car."

Don't be afraid to embellish a little
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        Ahhh, I thought the story was going in direction of "and then I hit the mangy coyote with my car."

If he was West River it wouldn't be embellishing, it would be truth.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post

A sign that the Jackrabbits have been exterminated?
                          USD Fan

Comment

I was hoping so too. but then I would be ticked if a yote hit my car and dented it or something.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I am excited for this game because I enjoy the spectacle of it. It's a conference game with a big crowd. That's fun. (Unfortunately, I had abdominal surgery yesterday and can't go... but I did find somebody to use my ticket.)

For those of you who go: Have fun. Rivalries are supposed to be fun. Cheer for your team. Razz the refs a little. But remember it's a family atmosphere.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The Jacks took care of that part of the story tonight Kemo! Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X