Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to pound the pups!

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    For all those that want to prove that this isn't a rivalry game than prove it by not being in attendance. My plan to make sure I do my part in not giving this game more attention than it deserves is to not attend the game. I have to prove to myself I can handle a regular home conference game before going to something as irrelevant as a State-U game in Brookings. I agree with the sentiment that this isn't a rivalry game anymore. Afterall It's been at least 3 games in the series since SDSU has won a game in it. Both teams have to win before it's a rivalry.

Every states State/U game is a rivalry. It's just fun. That's all it is.
    Great moments are born from great opportunities.
    ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Madi V:)Mitchell View Post
      How many can you even remember? If you're 14 you would have been 7 at the absolute LAST game.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO, re-read her post?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
          RO, re-read her post?!?
          /bangs head against the wall
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This "rivalry" is different because you have to factor in the 8 year hiatus. Had USD not missed the bus on the move up, then the rivalry would still be relevant on Thursday. But, it is going to take a year or two for 605 to catch up in football and basketball. Think about how long it took SDSU, even with good players, to become a real contender in the Summit. I, for one, hope that we can see a day when both South Dakota schools and NDSU are atop the conference like in the NCC days.

If we are looking to blame anyone for the lack of a true rivalry feel, perhaps we should ask the USD administration why they drug their feet for so long.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Reality check, SDSU lost 19 conference road games before getting a win. USD won on the road last weekend. Not the same situation but even Nagy admits USD is ahead of SDSU as it pertains to wins and losses during transition.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You guys are acting like this is a life or death game. What I'm trying to say it rivalrys are fun,...just never mind. Forget I even said anything. And just to let you all know..I feel really disrespected on this forum. Not very many of you seem to care about my opinions. I care about yours....
                Don't expect to see me on here much anymore.
                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

You guys are acting like this is a life or death game. What I'm trying to say it rivalrys are fun,...just never mind. Forget I even said anything. And just to let you all know..I feel really disrespected on this forum. Not very many of you seem to care about my opinions. I care about yours....
                  Thus Coyote_Fan was born... Just playin Madi, Chin up!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Reality check, SDSU lost 19 conference road games before getting a win. USD won on the road last weekend. Not the same situation but even Nagy admits USD is ahead of SDSU as it pertains to wins and losses during transition.
                    How many of those road losses were a result of the guys that are on this team currently? What I am saying is that, from top to bottom, would you trade the rosters of SDSU and USD? Granted the Yotes have a few good players at one or two positions, but overall the SDSU roster is deeper. And that is a direct result of being in a higher level and a better conference longer.

Think about where SDSU was compared to ORU and Oakland when we first entered the league. That is where USD is at right now, with or without a road game victory.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                      Thus Coyote_Fan was born... Just playin Madi, Chin up!
                      Maybe I should be a USD fan...jkjk I'd be disowned by my fam
                      ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Stick around, Madi. I like reading your perspective.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Stick around, Madi. I like reading your perspective.
                          I said I was getting off but I didn't cuz I wanted to see what everybody said haha! Sorry! And I will get off soon.....but I'll think about sticking around. I just don't like the fact that because I'm 14....no one cares. But hey Thanks!
                          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

I said I was getting off but I didn't cuz I wanted to see what everybody said haha! Sorry! And I will get off soon.....but I'll think about sticking around. I just don't like the fact that because I'm 14....no one cares. But hey Thanks!
                            I used to feel that way too,but i keep posting anyway because i'm just too bull headed to quit.....haha! Hang in there Madi,you're like everyones little sister,but every once in awhile you'll get your pig tails pulled a little bit.

Comment

IMO you're cool, most of the time you have better perspective and input than the 30+ fanatical crowd that usually posts here, myself included.

I may go insane if we lose tomorrow after losing to NDSU for the last 50 years.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                                IMO you're cool, most of the time you have better perspective and input than the 30+ fanatical crowd that usually posts here, myself included.I may go insane if we lose tomorrow after losing to NDSU for the last 50 years.
                                you guys gotta have faith in our boys. They can handle it!! Unfortunately...I can't show up! Got two games tonight that I should be at! I will be listening to the state game when I can though
                                ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                                X