Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
    Would love to have seen yoteforevers face when he realized he was wrong about the first team to beat a #1 rated fcs school. Total fail.
    Oh and by the way when we beat the #1 team in the nation we also won the Great West Conference, so the pups still have lots of work to do if they want to be like us.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Stu did a blog on the billboard. Kind of ho hum, nothing said in the blog that matters. Just the usual jabs at SDSU fandom.

http://stuviews.tumblr.com/

Actually he was complimentary of SDSU and said USD had a long way to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Actually he was complimentary of SDSU and said USD had a long way to catch up.
        ya butt!!!!! he was really picking on the fans, especially mentioning the Illinois loss and a 5-6 record for last year. Trying to get a stir out of us. The only comments to his column was a spam from a plumbing company in Westiminister Colorado and some guy saying that Stu's column made him poop big time, and that is the truth.

Comment

This is simply for discussion purposes (because this topic really needs more to talk about than what is actually going on), but could you ever see SDSU sponsoring a billboard like this. I'm not saying an alumni group, or some private donors, but actually being sanctioned by Justin Sell and President Chicoine.

I know YFE said that President Abbott had no idea about this board, but shouldn't he have known? I understand that some may say, "well, its the AD's own marketing, so why would the president be involved, he has more important matters to worry about." However, they knew exactly the type of reaction to expect, so wouldn't they at least put a bug in the President's ear?

Moreover, because this is put up by the athletic department (has the trademark, so it had to be approved right?), would a simple open records request for all the email correspondence of the topic from the USD marketing department and the athletic director's office reveal even more juicy information about the USD supporter or supporters who funded it?

Discuss.*

I am obviously stirring the pot simply for my own entertainment.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            This is simply for discussion purposes (because this topic really needs more to talk about than what is actually going on), but could you ever see SDSU sponsoring a billboard like this. I'm not saying an alumni group, or some private donors, but actually being sanctioned by Justin Sell and President Chicoine.

I know YFE said that President Abbott had no idea about this board, but shouldn't he have known? I understand that some may say, "well, its the AD's own marketing, so why would the president be involved, he has more important matters to worry about." However, they knew exactly the type of reaction to expect, so wouldn't they at least put a bug in the President's ear?

Moreover, because this is put up by the athletic department (has the trademark, so it had to be approved right?), would a simple open records request for all the email correspondence of the topic from the USD marketing department and the athletic director's office reveal even more juicy information about the USD supporter or supporters who funded it?

Discuss.*

Re: Usd 605

The secret of 605 is unlocked! It shows up in that 11-17-2011 date on that USD billboard. Follow me here:

Subtract 11 from 17: 6
            Take the only non-value: 0
            Add the numbers in 2012: 5

I would not be surprised if this is the same date that end-of-the-world guy from California chooses as his next rapture moment.

Comment

Discuss.*

I'm not sure what you are driving at. USD said they paid for the billboard as part of their marketing budget. They even told the paper how much it cost per month. There are no secret donors or anything. Just USD being USD.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                I'm not sure what you are driving at. USD said they paid for the billboard as part of their marketing budget. They even told the paper how much it cost per month. There are no secret donors or anything. Just USD being USD.
                YFE's quote from post #90 in this thread: "Lastly, I will tell you that you don't know who funded the billboard campaign. Certainly our President had no clue. I will tell you it was done just to stir up some crap and get a head start on the rivalry by building it up."

That's what I'm driving at.

Comment

http://www.volanteonline.com/news/bi...alry-1.2627151

and

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...=2011109150303

and

http://stuviews.tumblr.com/post/1024...st-a-billboard

Post #90 was YF writting about things he doesn't know about. Since that post we had lots of print stories where USD said "yea we did it, isn't it great!".

Comment

That's fine if that's what they say in writing. YFE is as knowledgeable about the workings at USD as anyone on this board is about SDSU it seems. On the goyotes board, he mentioned an upcoming billboard campaign that would really stick in our craw quite some time ago, definitely before the board went up. I trust him when he says that we don't know who offered funds for this thing. I'm simply trying to stir the pot even harder, because its Friday afternoon.

EDIT: If you don't trust YFE, fine. I do however. Just because the school says they did it, doesn't mean that's where the idea came from.

Comment

That's fine if that's what they say in writing. YFE is as knowledgeable about the workings at USD as anyone on this board is about SDSU it seems. On the goyotes board, he mentioned an upcoming billboard campaign that would really stick in our craw quite some time ago, definitely before the board went up. I trust him when he says that we don't know who offered funds for this thing. I'm simply trying to stir the pot even harder, because its Friday afternoon.

EDIT: If you don't trust YFE, fine. I do however. Just because the school says they did it, doesn't mean that's where the idea came from.
                      So you think that the USD administration is tasteless and lies to the media? Ok, could be. Maybe YFE could tell us more. I would like to think that they are better then that.

Comment

So you think that the USD administration is tasteless and lies to the media? Ok, could be. Maybe YFE could tell us more. I would like to think that they are better then that.
                        How would they be lying to the media? Yes, the marketing people put it up. Where did the idea come from initially? Did L & S just come up with it, or did the idea come from somewhere else first? Just because they say they paid to put it up doesn't mean that's where this all began. My initial post was designed to increase wild speculation for no reason, just fun.

You are obviously bent out of shape about this, and that's fine if you choose to take that path. I'm in the camp of thinking this billboard was clever. I stated as much earlier, I just hope it doesn't cause any issues that escalate this thing too quickly and someone does something stupid. If that's the case, it isn't on USD, it's on the person that retaliates and does something stupid.

Comment

I don't like the board because the administration from USD put it up expecting retaliation.

" Fitzpatrick (Bob Fitzpatrick, director of marketing) said. "It's definitely getting noticed on Facebook and around the alumni circle. It received kudos from the governor's office and the state senate majority leader. I bet we can expect some blue spray paint on there before long."

They are setting our students up to fail.

For them to use state dollars to do something that they believe will entice our students to behave badly and break the law bothers me. If it doesn't bother you and you think it is all in fun, cool we will have to agree to disagree.

Comment

I don't like the board because the administration from USD put it up expecting retaliation.

" Fitzpatrick (Bob Fitzpatrick, director of marketing) said. "It's definitely getting noticed on Facebook and around the alumni circle. It received kudos from the governor's office and the state senate majority leader. I bet we can expect some blue spray paint on there before long."

They are setting our students up to fail.

For them to use state dollars to do something that they believe will entice our students to behave badly and break the law bothers me. If it doesn't bother you and you think it is all in fun, cool we will have to agree to disagree.
                            That's fine. I explained my position, you explained yours and we can definitely agree to disagree. However, I also said I hoped that it doesn't escalate. SDSU's admin will not respond because that's just how it will be. I also think that's a good idea too.

I also understand your position about setting our students up to fail and being worried about that. However, as the wise Obi-Wan once said,

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Comment

My little brother helped me with a new "bath line" I'm thinking of marketing in the Brookings area. Any thoughts? Private message me if you want to place any orders. Should have them in our porta-potties in about 13 months!!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post

My little brother helped me with a new "bath line" I'm thinking of marketing in the Brookings area. Any thoughts? Private message me if you want to place any orders. Should have them in our porta-potties in about 13 months!!! Go Jacks!!!
                                Can they make those little urinal cakes that look like a dead coyote on the road to put in the urinals?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X