This is more accurate, IMO
    JR1 wins the thread. Well done.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: USD "Keep it Classy" Campaign

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      JR1 wins the thread. Well done.
      Can't take all the credit for this... I found this on a friend's Facebook page. Too good not to share on here.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I'm going to glance off subject a little, but Tom Glanzer might be a nice option for a color guy alongside Tyler. Anyone? (Might be another thread in the works, but I'm not blown away with the current tandem)

Comment

Glanzer is a good guy, and he did wonderfully when he hosted "Dakota Outdoor Radio" several years ago. But he got a big promotion at Northwestern Energy, so he wasn't going to have time to do that. I don't think much will have changed since then.
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

well 605 really 605'd it. if 605 really cared about what 605 is doing then they should of put the date of the 605-State basketball game because that is when the rivalry really starts. but again 605 605'd up by not doing that so they started 605 14 months early and who is going to really give a 605 then. I mean no one is really going to give a 605 to that billboard in a month anyway except for some dumb North Dakotan driving through the 605 on his way to shop in Sioux Falls because they didn;t have the 605 he wanted to buy in Fargo. if they put one down by 605ville then some 605 alum will smile at it cause they are the only 605ans that give a 605 about it. to us its just a 605 doing a 605 to 605 us into a 605ing contest with some 605 alums that seem to really care about 605, unlike the majority of 605s past and currents who could care less about 605 and would rather get 605'd at Careys.

Comment

What the 605 are you 605'ing talking about?!

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              well 605 really 605'd it. if 605 really cared about what 605 is doing then they should of put the date of the 605-State basketball game because that is when the rivalry really starts. but again 605 605'd up by not doing that so they started 605 14 months early and who is going to really give a 605 then. I mean no one is really going to give a 605 to that billboard in a month anyway except for some dumb North Dakotan driving through the 605 on his way to shop in Sioux Falls because they didn;t have the 605 he wanted to buy in Fargo. if they put one down by 605ville then some 605 alum will smile at it cause they are the only 605ans that give a 605 about it. to us its just a 605 doing a 605 to 605 us into a 605ing contest with some 605 alums that seem to really care about 605, unlike the majority of 605s past and currents who could care less about 605 and would rather get 605'd at Careys.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                If some other 3rd party put this up on their own dime would be much more acceptable. But no, USD is paying $750/month for 14 months (over $10,000) to advertise an away game.
                Great point and that is just for the one by Brookings. Their marketing people said that they are going to put up 4 or 5 from Sioux City to Brookings. So if they put up 5 that means that USD will spend at least $52,500 to promote a SDSU home game. Wow!

Comment

It's about firing up their base. They have gotten hundreds of thousands of dollars in word of mouth advertising for that $50k investment.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    It's about firing up their base. They have gotten hundreds of thousands of dollars in word of mouth advertising for that $50k investment.
                    They could have done the same thing by promoting their home basketball games that will be played in less then 14 months, right? But they didn't. Gonna stick with wow.

Comment

The billboard is about firing up their fan base right now, for this football season. They're using that game, 14 months from now, as an emotional touchpoint to inspire USD fans today. Promoting a basketball game wouldn't do anything to get their sleepy fan base fired up about football this year.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        The billboard is about firing up their fan base right now, for this football season. They're using that game, 14 months from now, as an emotional touchpoint to inspire USD fans today. Promoting a basketball game wouldn't do anything to get their sleepy fan base fired up about football this year.
                        How very sad for them.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]297[/ATTACH]

This is more accurate, IMO
                          There you go! An SDSU fan with a sense of humor. That's what I was talking about! Bravo!

Or is it "classless". You're confusing me.

Comment

I hate to second guess our friends from the south, but wouldn't the billboard have made more sense facing south for the cars driving north?

And, I didn't see a "605" on there. Wasn't that apart of their new logo?
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think there are many theories on why USD was allowed into the MVFC. From what I heard the Summit League schools wanted USD in because of the Summit League. The problem was the non-summit league schools. The way I understood it was Abbot and USD was stating if they join the Big Sky they are going to push the Big Sky to go after NDSU & SDSU. NDSU & SDSU not to being against USD joining the MVFC (for travel reasons as well as others). Didn't shutdown the rumors, which led to the non-Summit schools accepting USD as long as they didn't have to travel out their as often.

Just my understandings, from what I've heard and who I've talked to.

I get the fire the base up, I get the media play and all of that but at the end of the day why even put 1 specific event on their. And then why go get more billboards after the cause. 90% of the state has seen the billboard already because of other media sources, why go put it up at other locations. The Daisy ad was only ran once, not because it wasn't a good ad but because everyone saw it because the media played with it.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                                I get the fire the base up, I get the media play and all of that but at the end of the day why even put 1 specific event on their. And then why go get more billboards after the cause. 90% of the state has seen the billboard already because of other media sources, why go put it up at other locations. The Daisy ad was only ran once, not because it wasn't a good ad but because everyone saw it because the media played with it.
                                Daisy ad: Different time. Three channels on the TV that everybody watched. I think it's a shaky assumption that 90 percent of the state has seen the billboard. People who watch local TV news and read newspapers MAY have encountered it. Newspaper readership is declining. Local TV news doesn't reach anything like 90 percent of state residents. People are busy and distracted and even if they're consuming media messages, it's more likely to be some combination of Jersey Shore, Oprah and other such entertainment fare than KELO-TV news. Getting a message through to large numbers of people is difficult, even in South Dakota.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X