Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: queen's fan

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    He wasn't impaired and was cooperative with police. I don't agree with what he's doing on the field, but there isn't anything technically wrong with this. The guy is obviously having a bad week though eh?
    Only people who should think this was a disaster should be Chrysler, which is paying him beaux coup bucks to promote their products but apparently doesn't drive them in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Only people who should think this was a disaster should be Chrysler, which is paying him beaux coup bucks to promote their products but apparently doesn't drive them in real life.
      He's a multi-million dollar athlete, I think he owns more than one car...

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Yeah, but it was a 1970's chevy..... I think that softens the blow, if it would have been a 2011 Impala SS they might have thought different.

Comment

Suh does a lot of charity things in the metro Detroit area, has spent a few hours a day making subs for Subway when there are promotions. his on field antics do not reflect the person he is.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Suh does a lot of charity things in the metro Detroit area, has spent a few hours a day making subs for Subway when there are promotions. his on field antics do not reflect the person he is.
            Sorry, but post doesn't make sense. Here is similar line of thought.

I love my wife and kids. I love them so much, they bought me presents so I would show up Christmas morning. Being a jerk to all my co-workers does not reflect the person I am.

Suh does not make charity sandwiches for SUBWAY (eat fresh, five dolla foot loooong). They pay him for endorsing their product, I would be shocked if part of that deal isn't to show up at local events. Not to mention it isn't bad for polishing up a tarnished image.

I'm not saying he is an evil person. But he is obviously self-absorbed to the point where he doesn't care about the effect of his actions. Trying to make him out as some sort of hero isn't being honest about the person he has demonstrated himself to be or the world of professional football.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Sorry, but post doesn't make sense. Here is similar line of thought.

I love my wife and kids. I love them so much, they bought me presents so I would show up Christmas morning. Being a jerk to all my co-workers does not reflect the person I am.

Suh does not make charity sandwiches for SUBWAY (eat fresh, five dolla foot loooong). They pay him for endorsing their product, I would be shocked if part of that deal isn't to show up at local events. Not to mention it isn't bad for polishing up a tarnished image.

I'm not saying he is an evil person. But he is obviously self-absorbed to the point where he doesn't care about the effect of his actions. Trying to make him out as some sort of hero isn't being honest about the person he has demonstrated himself to be or the world of professional football.
              You only know hin what he does on the field. You don't personally know him so calling him self absorbed is not accurate. He pledged to donanted a lot of money back to nebraska before he got signed even when he didn't know how much he would make. Is that a self absorbed thing to do.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Also the analogy doesn't make much sense. Suh's job is very physical, and some of the best people ever at his position were mean, dirty players.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  You only know hin what he does on the field. You don't personally know him so calling him self absorbed is not accurate. He pledged to donanted a lot of money back to nebraska before he got signed even when he didn't know how much he would make. Is that a self absorbed thing to do.
                  I don't know him. But his on-field behavior is self-absorbed and he doesn't seem to care how his actions impact his teammates. He has committed unsportsmanlike penalties to the point of suspension, jeopardizing the playoffs, potential bonuses, etc.

It doesn't impress me that much when a rich guy gives money, especially when he stands on a soapbox to do it. It doesn't impress me when a guy "volunteers" for companies paying him a bunch of money. It doesn't impress me when a guy buys a bunch of equipment for a high school then does a half time special about it.

I'm not saying he is an awful person, but I'm wouldn't hold him up as a role model at this point.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    Also the analogy doesn't make much sense. Suh's job is very physical, and some of the best people ever at his position were mean, dirty players.
                    I don't have a problem with him being mean, or even a little bit dirty. I have a problem with him jeopardizing his team for the sake of his own pride. And I think its ridiculous that people defend or excuse his blatant unsportsmanlike behavior. If he was my son, I would be ashamed and I would tell him that to his face.

Stomping your foot down on someone who is on the ground is not acceptable, no matter how physical your job is.

Comment

I don't have a problem with him being mean, or even a little bit dirty. I have a problem with him jeopardizing his team for the sake of his own pride. And I think its ridiculous that people defend or excuse his blatant unsportsmanlike behavior. If he was my son, I would be ashamed and I would tell him that to his face.

Stomping your foot down on someone who is on the ground is not acceptable, no matter how physical your job is.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        And some were the nicest and cleanest: Merlin Olsen, Alan Page, Reggie White...

Comment

I don't know him. But his on-field behavior is self-absorbed and he doesn't seem to care how his actions impact his teammates. He has committed unsportsmanlike penalties to the point of suspension, jeopardizing the playoffs, potential bonuses, etc.

It doesn't impress me that much when a rich guy gives money, especially when he stands on a soapbox to do it. It doesn't impress me when a guy "volunteers" for companies paying him a bunch of money. It doesn't impress me when a guy buys a bunch of equipment for a high school then does a half time special about it.

I'm not saying he is an awful person, but I'm wouldn't hold him up as a role model at this point.
                          Considernig there are lot of pros in alll sports who dont do any of those things but get paid is all they care about. Doing good things is important in my book. So he has made some bad choices in the heat of the moment, the stomp was his only dirty thing IMO, the others where him just going to far trying to make a play, I will not think less of a guy untill i see repeated behavior like his stomp.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp13295

it sounds like suh lied about his accident. the passengers are now telling their story.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp13295

it sounds like suh lied about his accident. the passengers are now telling their story.
                              But, but, but, he makes sandwiches for subway and gives money to his college. Obviously the passengers are the villians in this story, Suh is a stand up person on and off the field.

Comment

And I'd still take him on my favorite team 11 out of 10 times

Comment

Working...
                                X