queen's fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: queen's fan

From what it sounds like and from what I've seen, it looks like Ponder could be a Tom Brady-type QB. Not a cannon for an arm, but can connect on the mid- and short-range passes.... remember, T-Jack had a cannon for an arm and look how well we did with him.

He played in a system that the Vikings will be implimenting this season and while his numbers weren't world-breaking, they were pretty solid. 2,000+ passing yards and only 8 picks his senior season PLUS a QB rating of 135... not too shabby.

In addition, the kid is pretty darn smart. He completed his undergraduate degree in 2.5 years and will graduate this spring with his Master's degree. That's almost unheard of for a REGULAR student to pull off an undergrad and graduate degree in four years, much less a student who also has to balance football in the mix.

Fact is, we need a QB. And with the Circuit Court of Appeals re-instating the lockout last night, signing a Free Agent might be a moot point this season.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

look out nfc central. Suh, Fairley, Vanden Bosch, this is gonna be one tough defensive front to run through.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        look out nfc central. Suh, Fairley, Vanden Bosch, this is gonna be one tough defensive front to run through.
        Big Vikes fan here, but SturgisJeff I think is right on. The Motor City Kitties are going to be tougher than nails defensively. Wow, what a front line they'll have.

The Lions are on the prowl. Looking more and more to me like a 4th place finish for the Purple and Gold.

Comment

I am not excited about the Ponder pick. When the pick was made one of my first thoughts was that T-Wolves David Kahn made the pick for them. Being a Vikings fan I will obviously hope for the best and root for him to do well.

Ponder played in a weak ACC. They played one very good team his senior season (Oklahoma) and his stat line was 11 of 28 and 3 picks. Ouch.

Comment

I think everyone blows the draft and draft order out of proportion.

If Tom Brady and Ryan Leaf taught us anything, it's that you never know who is going to pan out.

It's all a crap-shoot, people.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I think everyone blows the draft and draft order out of proportion.

If Tom Brady and Ryan Leaf taught us anything, it's that you never know who is going to pan out.

It's all a crap-shoot, people.
              Disagree that it's all a crap-shoot. It is not an exact science, but teams aren't drawing names out of hat and drafting them either. Teams do extensive research on players. Now, do all first round picks pan out? No. Are all seventh round picks non-factors or cut? No. Ponder was never projected to go that high. There's a reason 31 other NFL teams thought that. Hopefully the Vikings are right...I'm a lifelong Vikings fan and really really hope they are right. My lack of faith lies with Rick Speilman. He's the guy making the decisions and he is also the guy that set the Miami Dolphins back when he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                Disagree that it's all a crap-shoot. It is not an exact science, but teams aren't drawing names out of hat and drafting them either. Teams do extensive research on players. Now, do all first round picks pan out? No. Are all seventh round picks non-factors or cut? No. Ponder was never projected to go that high. There's a reason 31 other NFL teams thought that. Hopefully the Vikings are right...I'm a lifelong Vikings fan and really really hope they are right.
                When year after year after year, half of the first round picks don't pan out and guys in the 4 5 6 7 rounds end up stars, that tells me it's all one big crap-shoot any hoot.

*fwiw, I realize I'm probably exagerrating a little bit, I'm more just stirring the pot because I can.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Agree to disagree. That's ok.

I'll just say when Rick Speilman does something like this, he's one step closer to putting another NFL team back a few years.

Comment

The Vikings apparently hurt the egos of ESPN talking heads by ignoring the announcers' mock drafts in making the 12th pick of the draft. Shame on the Vikings for going against the herd mentality! The pick was just fine.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Disagree that it's all a crap-shoot. It is not an exact science, but teams aren't drawing names out of hat and drafting them either. Teams do extensive research on players. Now, do all first round picks pan out? No. Are all seventh round picks non-factors or cut? No. Ponder was never projected to go that high. There's a reason 31 other NFL teams thought that. Hopefully the Vikings are right...I'm a lifelong Vikings fan and really really hope they are right. My lack of faith lies with Rick Speilman. He's the guy making the decisions and he is also the guy that set the Miami Dolphins back when he was there.

Big Vikings fan here and I agree as well.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

drafting is not an exact science, i'll agree. however, why are some teams perennial bottom dwellers while some teams remain very good? luck plays a factor but knowing what to look for in a player before the draft is a lot more important than luck. some gm's are better than others, it's as simple as that.
                        add free agents into the mix and gm's have a tough job. then, when you sign a free agent that tries to be player, head coach and gm you'll have trouble (#4). the queen's sold their soul to the devil, got 1 good year and almost a lombardi trophy. he (4) decimated your team and it will stay that way for years to come. good luck digging out of the hole he dug you. like it or not, that's how i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                          drafting is not an exact science, i'll agree. however, why are some teams perennial bottom dwellers while some teams remain very good? luck plays a factor but knowing what to look for in a player before the draft is a lot more important than luck. some gm's are better than others, it's as simple as that.
                          add free agents into the mix and gm's have a tough job. then, when you sign a free agent that tries to be player, head coach and gm you'll have trouble (#4). the queen's sold their soul to the devil, got 1 good year and almost a lombardi trophy. he (4) decimated your team and it will stay that way for years to come. good luck digging out of the hole he dug you. like it or not, that's how i see it.
                          I don't think #4 decimated the team, I think Childress decimated the team.

Kind of like how back in 98 when Moss came into the league, should've won it that year too, but D Green was the horrible coach in that instance.

Comment

Kind of like how back in 98 when Moss came into the league, should've won it that year too, but D Green was the horrible coach in that instance.

Putting blame on Favre?? He was a guy who was offered 25 million to play for the Vikes. He just took a job and performed well. The Vikes top officials have to anwser the questions. Ponder will be fine, but you O-line is terrible and d-line is old and suspended!! D-backs are not good!

Long season ahead watching the other three teams in the division get farther and farther ahead. Green bay will win the Super Bowl again! Aaron Rodgers is just that good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                              With an aging defense and O-Line that could use some help and a WR corps that's shakey...with the second round pick the Vi-queens take...a TE from Notre Dame. I don't care if this guy is the second coming of Tony Gonzolez...fill your needs first. Plenty of good players that would work for the Vikings. They are definately working on securing the #1 pick in next year's draft early.

This is just another reason they should have taken another player, so theycould just draft Andrew Luck next year!!!! All i can do is laugh!

GO PACK GO!!!

Comment

favre was trying to run the packers. that's why green bay got rid of him. they got tired of his act. top queen management is to blame for giving him all that $$. i would have taken it too, the same as every person on this board, you can't blame him for taking it. he's a cancer in the room, the players won't say it and neither will management.

Comment

Working...
                                X