Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of South Dakota vs. University of Minnesota Tickets

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
    Do these Gopher fans trying to unload their season tickets realize this might be their only home win this season? Minnesota could easily go 1-6 at TCF. USC=Loss, Iowa=Loss, Ohio State=LOSS, Penn State=Loss. Accepting wagers! Northwestern is probably a smidge better. Despite it's week-one loss to Iowa State, a lot of people are still high on Northern Illinois, so that's no gimme. I find it amusing that the fanbase of a football team that hasn't been seriously relevant since my mom was in junior high is so quick to dismiss the lowly Coyotes. I don't expect a win, but the Gophers aint exactly the 1971 Nebraska Cornhuskers, even relative to USD. To recap, that's smack on Minnesota, and implicit smack on the Coyotes and my mother. Sorry, mom.
    When has USD football ever been relevant in anything at all?? Actually, when has USD in general ever been relevant??

Comment

The Yotes can't even get any respect on the Gopher radio network - heard a promo on WCCO and they said the Gophers are playing South Dakota University.

Comment

If they said South Dakota University, that's appropriate. I think USD prefers the words in this order: University of South Dakota, but it seems to me it's also appropriate to say South Dakota or South Dakota University when referring to the school or the team.

I wonder if the PA announcer at the TCF Stadium will slip up and call them South Dakota State.

My top concern is how well I will be able to listen to WNAX from inside TCF Stadium. The radio I'm taking has great reception but WNAX is a little scratchy in many parts of the Twin Cities. I'll be watching the USD v MN game and listening to the SDSU game (the USD game starts an hour earlier).

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Either we have the same friend, or there are more than one Coyote fans without a clue. I had a eerily similar experience.
          I had a short argument with a girl here at state the other night where she insisted we played Nebraska AND Minnesota, I just gave up because she was one of those people who is never wrong of course, no matter what I told her.
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Yotes can't even get any respect on the Gopher radio network - heard a promo on WCCO and they said the Gophers are playing South Dakota University.

Umm, might be mass confusion that we are used to (like when Lou Holtz said SDSU beat Kansas on ESPN), but isn't this actually giving the Yotes respect by confusing them with us?

Comment

Man Alum your not taking my offer of Starbursts and Snickers????

(bisonville inside joke between Alum and I)
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Well, this sure isn't easy but congrats to the Yotes. That was a big win, and even though I have never commented on how good or bad their team is they still beat Minnesota, so great job.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
                  When has USD football ever been relevant in anything at all?? Actually, when has USD in general ever been relevant??
                  Quoted for posterity
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Umm, might be mass confusion that we are used to (like when Lou Holtz said SDSU beat Kansas on ESPN), but isn't this actually giving the Yotes respect by confusing them with us?
                    When I saw the highlights on ABC during halftime of one of the games John Saunders kept calling them the Jacks instead of the Coyotes.

Comment

A warning from Canadian, Gordon Lightfoot, to our friends down South.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin when I think I am winning, and I am losing again"
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        A warning from Canadian, Gordon Lightfoot, to our friends down South.

"Sometimes I think it's a sin when I think I am winning, and I am losing again"
                        Dude.

Gordon Lightfoot?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I prefer "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" myself.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Dude.

Gordon Lightfoot?

Bob Dylan on Gordon Lightfoot: "everytime I hear a song of his, it's like I wish it would last forever"

Comment

Non smack in a smack thread. I been watching our friend Stu do his interview with Coach Ed
                              Wow nothing but glee about this game.

Comment

USD has been so busy patting themselves on the back after their big win they'll probably follow it up with a loss to a DII at home this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X