X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska smack

Originally posted by huskernationrules View Post
    It is amazing to me that fans of a school that isn't known for anything is smacking a school that has won 5 national fb titles. They ought to thank their lucky stars that UNL is willing to send 500k up their way to come down to play their very undistinguished program. I can honestly say until I got on this site I have never thought about sdsu and after we beat them handily I will never again think about their school. I don't have any real opinion of sdsu. I am really disappointed that we didn't find a low 1A school to play before dipping down so low to play some school that I think plays their fb games in some horrendous inside barn on the plains. I really think if we are going to play substandard programs like this we should just instead play d2 schools in Ne and spread the 500k in state.

Wrong school. That's the University of South Dakota, which just beat Minnesota. At least get your facts right if you're going to come on another's board and complain about your schedule. In fact, why are you here at all if this is your complaint? Take it up with your AD and scheduler.

Comment

It is amazing to me that fans of a school that isn't known for anything is smacking a school that has won 5 national fb titles. They ought to thank their lucky stars that UNL is willing to send 500k up their way to come down to play their very undistinguished program. I can honestly say until I got on this site I have never thought about sdsu and after we beat them handily I will never again think about their school. I don't have any real opinion of sdsu. I am really disappointed that we didn't find a low 1A school to play before dipping down so low to play some school that I think plays their fb games in some horrendous inside barn on the plains. I really think if we are going to play substandard programs like this we should just instead play d2 schools in Ne and spread the 500k in state.
      Well said. Never thought I would see the day we played a South Dakota team. The last few years they played UNO they couldn't even beat them. Hope your defenders enjoy Taylor Martinez's dust after he runs for the distance between Brookings and Lincoln against your defense. You are going to look more like the turtles and less like the rabbits after chasing him around all day. If you can't score more than 3 points against Delaware, how in the world are you going to score against the blackshirts??

Comment

Originally posted by Husker Fan View Post
        Well said. Never thought I would see the day we played a South Dakota team. The last few years they played UNO they couldn't even beat them. Hope your defenders enjoy Taylor Martinez's dust after he runs for the distance between Brookings and Lincoln against your defense. You are going to look more like the turtles and less like the rabbits after chasing him around all day. If you can't score more than 3 points against Delaware, how in the world are you going to score against the blackshirts??
        Probably the same way Idaho did. Good thing he can run because he sure can't pass the ball.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You're starting your # 1 QB against such a poor team?Not taking any chances are you.All you Neb fans have the arrogance to go along with your NC's.I would respect you more if you were proud of your team,but could accept a little good natured ribbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker Fan View Post
            I totally see where you are coming from. Thank god we are playing the Huskers and not a Big XII title contending team. Imagine how bad it would be for the Jacks if we played Texas or Oklahoma.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Nebraska fans aren't as big of jacka$$es as these two. Since I'm surrounded by them, I have a good reference to go on. Yes everyone down here are passionate about the Huskers, but not to an a$$hat extent.

That said, how bout you two go concentrate insults towards Texas. We all know Nebraska will win going away and basically can pick the score. Yes Taylor Martinez is going to run everywhere, as he probably will against all Big XII teams.

Comment

Does anyone else think these two sound strikingly familiar to our old friends the Mavbots?
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  Does anyone else think these two sound strikingly familiar to our old friends the Mavbots?

Nailhead + Hammer = jackrabbit1979

I can't believe I didn't pick up on the UNO referrences sooner. The twins are back baby and uglier than ever!!

They must be soooo board down there watching their Mavs in their verison of the NSIC. Can't say I feel one bit sorry for them!!
                  I'll steal one from the NDSU crowd..."At least you have Hockey"...well, sort of.

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

It is amazing to me that fans of a school that isn't known for anything is smacking a school that has won 5 national fb titles.
                    Why is it amazing? 4-1/2 national titles means your program is beyond reproach? Minnesota has SIX national titles, and THEY lost to USD last Saturday.

Your AD won 2-1/2 of those national titles with players that would be ruled academically ineligible using today's standards, so pardon me if I don't genuflect before your alleged Husker superiority.

If your program were all that you make it out to be, you'd think you guys would've beaten Texas at least *once* in the last decade.

Comment

While I am a realist and understand that the game on the 25th may not be close, it is fun to imagine the implosion on the Husker message boards if SDSU somehow pulled off a miracle.

If SDSU was about the win the game, I can see Tommy coming from the AD's booth, punching Bo, and taking away the headset.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If a miracle does happen and SDSU does happen to pull an upset I am going to come down from my luxury box near midfield that I share with other important boosters and personally go over and shake the hand of whoever the heck your coach is. I might even get some of the other important boosters to come down and offer a magnanimous gesture of congratulations and friendship. I would come over to some of the other sdsu fans but I suspect they will all be milling around outside the stadium since tickets are rather expensive for underemployed college graduates. Still have a good time in Lincoln enjoying the game at one of our many local pubs. Most do have a 2 drink minimum during the games so you might have to hustle up an extra ten bucks or so to bring with you to the game. I am giving you a ten day warning so you save the ten dollars. Good luck!!

Comment

The good thing about South Dakota is atleast we are not nebraska.......

I think I just smacked my self.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If a miracle does happen and SDSU does happen to pull an upset I am going to come down from my luxury box near midfield that I share with other important boosters
                            Why is an "important booster" wasting his time in the *smack* section of a lower division school's message board?
                            since tickets are rather expensive for underemployed college graduates
                            Oh you've *got* to be kidding me. A Nebraska diploma ain't worth *that much* more than an SDSU diploma.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                              Why is an "important booster" wasting his time in the *smack* section of a lower division school's message board?
                              Oh you've *got* to be kidding me. A Nebraska diploma ain't worth *that much* more than an SDSU diploma.
                              It sure costs alot more though!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                                It sure costs alot more though!
                                That reminds me.

Why did the Husker carry his diploma around in his car?

So he could park in the handicapped spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X