Parker Douglass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parker Douglass

The announcers also said that the Raven's are known for having an overabundance of players worthy of making NFL rosters that they end having to cut, so there was scouts from over half the league watching that game. It does seem like the Jets kicking job is just being kept warm until Feely comes back, but Parker was auditioning for tons of other teams last night as well.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Parker and Melhaff both have big legs and both aren't far from being NFL kickers. Wouldn't that be something, Vinatieri, Douglass and Melhaff. 3 of the 32 NFL kickers being SD kids (or at least lived here, Parker is from Neb I believe).

Comment

TV tweeting that both Parker and Mitch Erickson were cut today.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Erickson was assigned to the Practice squad.

Comment

Think Parker might get a tryout with the Seahawks this week?

Jim Mora Jr.'s comments after the Seahawks loss to the Bears:

"You've got to make those kicks, especially in a game like this when you're in a game like this kicking and fighting and scratching and playing your tail off and you miss those kicks," coach Jim Mora said, anger growing in his voice. "Not acceptable. Not acceptable. Absolutely not acceptable."We'll look at making a change everywhere. We're not going to play our [rears] off and have a field goal kicker go out there and miss two field goals and lose a game." link

Just a thought though: this is an A-hole move by Jim Mora the Younger, as the kicker feels bad enough for missing those kicks, but then the head coach goes and throws him under the bus saying he lost the game as if there wasn't any interceptions or missed tackles at turning points in the game.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

"You've got to make those kicks, especially in a game like this when you're in a game like this kicking and fighting and scratching and playing your tail off and you miss those kicks," coach Jim Mora said, anger growing in his voice. "Not acceptable. Not acceptable. Absolutely not acceptable."We'll look at making a change everywhere. We're not going to play our [rears] off and have a field goal kicker go out there and miss two field goals and lose a game." link

Just a thought though: this is an A-hole move by Jim Mora the Younger, as the kicker feels bad enough for missing those kicks, but then the head coach goes and throws him under the bus saying he lost the game as if there wasn't any interceptions or missed tackles at turning points in the game.

It is his job and he gets paid well to do it, you don't perform you get replaced. The coach was right on.
              MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
              http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
              http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
                It is his job and he gets paid well to do it, you don't perform you get replaced. The coach was right on.
                Agreed. Things are different in the NFL.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
                  I don't disagree with the kicker losing his job (if he ends up doing so) for not preforming, as that is part of the game. I just feel calling out your kicker in the national media is a bit overboard and shows a lack of class. Fire him and move on if that is what needs to be done, don't torment the guy more about it.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I just feel calling out your kicker in the national media is a bit overboard and shows a lack of class.
                    Exactly.

Seriously, who comes out of a situation like that looking bad? The kicker or the coach who aired his laundry in public?

Memo to Mora: losing your cool at a press conference is a great way to end up the butt of jokes:

"They were who we thought they were!!!"

"I'm a man! I'm 40!"

And one that should've struck close to home:

"Playoffs? Playoffs?"

(honorable mention for Borseth's binder slam from that Michigan WBB game) Also enjoy this spoof of the Gundy rant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMGPnTNtyA

Comment

I hadn't seen that take off on Gundy's rant before. Pretty funny stuff and I'm sure that based on the fact that the dealership is located in Norman (home of OU) it got a lot of positive pub!!

Comment

I immediately told my son and wife when I saw those comments that this was a potential opportunity for Parker. As bad as those comments sound, as the coach if you now don't bring kickers into town then you lose credibility.

Its the way things work in the NFL, your opportunity comes at the expense of another palyer. Especially in the kicking game opportunities don't come around that often. I hope that Parker at least gets flow out for a try out.
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Per the Argus Leader:

Douglass signs with UFL team
                          FOOTBALL: After being cut by the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets during training camp, former SDSU kicker Parker Douglass has signed with the California Redwoods of the new United Football League. The team is led by former Vikings coach Dennis Green.

Comment

Just caught a glimpse of the UFL opener on Versus, Parker is 2 for 2 on xp's so far, but don't think I can watch another snap.

Comment

Originally posted by juniorjackgrownold View Post
                              Just caught a glimpse of the UFL opener on Versus, Parker is 2 for 2 on xp's so far, but don't think I can watch another snap.

Worse than the XFL? PLEASE tell me He Hate Me has not caught on in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Worse than the XFL? PLEASE tell me He Hate Me has not caught on in this league.
                                Isn't he still in the NFL? I plays under his real name but I could have sworn he was in the NFL now.
                                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                                X