Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vikings

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Here is the thing that bothers me, well at least intrigues me a little, doesn't it seem odd that New England gave em up for so little in return? Supposedly all the "insiders" said they would get much, much more for Cassel alone. Now, they may have been completely wrong, but most of them said that they would get one first day pick and at least one or two more 2nd day picks and that was without Vrabel thrown in. I also don't buy the fact that New England didn't want a first round pick because of the money involved in signing the pick (Don Banks, I think, argued that on SI.com). NE has a great history of taking 1st round picks and trading down on draft day to get more picks so that they keep reloading and not having to rebuild. It just seems odd to me.
    I see that argument, but there is also the fact that a late first round pick (25-32) isn't much different than an early second round pick (33-40) and the second round pick is much cheaper. I also think that the so called "insiders" over valued Cassell's performance last year, and that a lot of execs don't want to take the risk.

Of course this whole thing involves Bill Bellicheat who is a Grade A d*ck and a cheater, so who knows.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

One name... Cutler

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        Of course this whole thing involves Bill Bellicheat who is a Grade A d*ck and a cheater, so who knows.
        You're probably on to something there. It's pretty easy to send him to a bad team like the Chiefs for a second. I'll bet they had offers of a first rounder from better teams but didn't want to create a competitor.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I've heard that he was doing the new KC coach a "favor." The new KC coach was also a coach under Bellicheck

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            OK, so apparently Matt Cassel was available (traded to KC Chiefs today, along with Mike Vrabel for a second round choice) but the Vikes got Sage Rosenfels for a fourth rounder... are you KIDDING me?

If there was ever any doubt that Chilly is a complete idiot, this should prove it. The Vikings are a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender and they don't go after the one proven, young QB talent available. Instead we get another journeyman who I will refer to as Gus Frerotte II. Who's next? The return of Shaun Hill?

Seriously. Would anybody here take Rosenfels over Cassel? You certainly can't argue that a second round pick was too much to give for Cassel. He's a steal at that price.

Chilly is going to drive me crazy.
            One thing that can't be overlooked in this deal. With a name like Sage Rosenfels you know he is going to be very comfortable wearing purple!

Probably a better fit than Tavaris but Rosenfels is hardly going to get Vikings fans excited about their prospects next year. Everyone is talking about Cassel but I agree with others that he probably wasn't shopped to any team that could potentially compete against the Pats for a Super Bowl. Outside of Cassel there isn't anyone out there on the market that would get me excited.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              One thing that can't be overlooked in this deal. With a name like Sage Rosenfels you know he is going to be very comfortable wearing purple!

Probably a better fit than Tavaris but Rosenfels is hardly going to get Vikings fans excited about their prospects next year. Everyone is talking about Cassel but I agree with others that he probably wasn't shopped to any team that could potentially compete against the Pats for a Super Bowl. Outside of Cassel there isn't anyone out there on the market that would get me excited.

SUPERBUNNY
              I agree with the line of thinking on shipping Cassel to some place he won't make much difference to the Patriots. The Chiefs are absolute garbage, but maybe this will be a step out of the basement for them.

As for the Vikings, years and years of underachieving and idiotic moves by the front office leave me with no feelings of surprise when they make moves like this. Its their M.O. It remains to be seen if the Vikings will ever do more than what is expected of them or at least reach their potential. Packers fans have got to love it when these moves happen in Minneapolis.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

And he is back!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Heard he wanted to see if he could actually play on an NFL team.

Comment

Working...
                  X