Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vikings

I just got 2 lower level tickets for the playoff game on Sunday. I hope the Eagles don't come in and just kick the Vike's butts, it could happen. Should be a fun atmosphere regardless.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I just got 2 lower level tickets for the playoff game on Sunday. I hope the Eagles don't come in and just kick the Vike's butts, it could happen. Should be a fun atmosphere regardless.
      I hope the Eagles kick the heck out of the Vikings. No game in the Metrodome is a fun atmosphere. Sorry, I can't stand the Vikings, most notably their fans. I have more hatred toward the Vikings than any other team around.

PS Bears fan here!!
      Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        I hope the Eagles kick the heck out of the Vikings. No game in the Metrodome is a fun atmosphere. Sorry, I can't stand the Vikings, most notably their fans. I have more hatred toward the Vikings than any other team around.

PS Bears fan here!!
        im with you on everything. including me being a bears fan. GO EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          Agreed, not sure why he was managing the clock like that, there was 30 seconds left and they still had a time out, letting Peterson run then call a time out with 5 seconds left, not call a timeout with 9 seconds left, then run a play after the Giants call a timeout, so they can call another timeout.
          That was quite possiblly the worst managed 2 minute drill I've ever seen. Nothing pisses me off more than when a coach decides to "settle" for a 50 yard plus field goal attempt to win a game. Then Tarvaris Jackson not being aware of where they were on downs and spiking it on 2nd and 1 to make it 3rd and short was nice too. Also remember the horrible clock management at the end of the first half that allowed the Giants to get a field goal as time expired as well.

My only dissapointment with the Vikings making the playoffs is that they'll get bounced in the first or second round once again, but Childress did just enough to keep his job for another lackluster season. I really wished they would have hired Tomlin when they had the chance instead of letting him go to the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            My only dissapointment with the Vikings making the playoffs is that they'll get bounced in the first or second round once again, but Childress did just enough to keep his job for another lackluster season. I really wished they would have hired Tomlin when they had the chance instead of letting him go to the Steelers.
            Agree 100 percent

Comment

I agree that it wasn't a good two minute drill, however, they did get the three points. One question, do you think they ran the play with nine seconds left just to burn off a few more seconds so there wouldn't be any time left after the field goal kick? If so, it's risky but a pretty good idea.

One positive note is that the use of the red flag has been decent this year, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
                I agree that it wasn't a good two minute drill, however, they did get the three points. One question, do you think they ran the play with nine seconds left just to burn off a few more seconds so there wouldn't be any time left after the field goal kick? If so, it's risky but a pretty good idea.

One positive note is that the use of the red flag has been decent this year, IMHO.
                If they were going to run the clock down so there wasn't any time left after the field goal, why call the time out with nine seconds left then?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

PS Bears fan here!!
                  Unless you are from Iowa and know what bathroom to use. What is it with bathrooms in Minnesota?

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post

Didn't Childress blow one of those in the first half too?

Comment

The time to watch the Biqueens choke is drawing near.

Comment

well its pretty much over. the Vikes played pretty well in the first half, one big mistake by Jackson. Second half was a completely different story, the offense was no where to be seen but the defense did a good job keeping the Eagles from getting going, except that one play to Westbrook.

Should have known this was coming though, typical Vikings fashion. Fire Childress and let Frazier have a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          well its pretty much over. the Vikes played pretty well in the first half, one big mistake by Jackson. Second half was a completely different story, the offense was no where to be seen but the defense did a good job keeping the Eagles from getting going, except that one play to Westbrook.

Should have known this was coming though, typical Vikings fashion. Fire Childress and let Frazier have a shot.
                          First comment pretty much sums up the season. Offense disappears for halves at a time and the defense does everything it can to keep them in the game but they fall short.

Couldn't agree more with your second comment, nothing would make a better belated Christmas present for me than a fired Childress. Only wish they would have done it with Tomlin last year. Guessing we'll let another good coach go though so we can suffer through another year of the "Big Chill".

Comment

Rod Marinelli is available.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              Rod Marinelli is available.
                              No thanks. Actually give the guy some credit he stayed positive all season and when they finally went 0-16 he took all the blame

Comment

This is all on Chilly. His determination to stick with Tarvaris Jackson, a fine young man who has no claim on being an NFL quarterback, was the reason for the loss. With any kind of serviceable QB play, the Vikes would be able to pass enough to get teams out of that 8-in-the-box mentality that limits Peterson most of the time. But they don't have a decent QB. They have Jackson and Gus Frerotte. Seriously, without Leslie Frazier's defense they'd have been out of the playoffs this year. I say promote Frazier to head coach and admit that the Napoleon Childress era was a disaster. How can anyone trust the judgment of a guy who puts the franchise in the hands of somebody as limited as Jackson?
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X