Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favre

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
    The mourning is over, are you now able to talk about Favre without crying? lol
    Nope, sorry. Never shed a tear. Just wondering why some won't give him his due. Is he the best ever...no way. Is he top ten, of course. It's a no brainer. I was simply trying to show that statistically.

Comment

I have no opinion regarding which quarterback is top 7 or top 10 all time, but I've always wondered: why is it pronounced farv and spelled like fav-ray? Just curious.
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Its a French thing, mixed with Bayou country.

I think we could probably find a way to blame Canada also but for right now that's all I got.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by darkerstill View Post
          Nope, sorry. Never shed a tear. Just wondering why some won't give him his due. Is he the best ever...no way. Is he top ten, of course. It's a no brainer. I was simply trying to show that statistically.
          "Some won't give him his due?" What I have been able to take from most people that don't put him in the top 10 or whatever, is that they think he has been given "too much" due.

Personally, I think the "all-time" rating of positions is kind of silly. Just think of the changes in the rules regarding the passing game that happened over the span of Favre's career. Given that most rule changes were implemented to boost the passing game, it is not surprising that passing yards for recent players went up. That is not a knock on Favre, but think how many more yards past QB's, say Staubach, would have had if his receivers could not have been bumped after 5 yards instead of until the ball is in the air. Or conversely, how many fewer yards Favre would have had?

To me, his most impressive accomplishment is the consecutive games record. The amount of luck that requires is unbelievable, but as some say, you make your own luck.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Shocker, Brett Favre is still itching to play and might not retire after all. Anyone not see this coming??

Personally I am sick of the updates over the past few years and him holding press conferences to announce he hasn't made a decision. Stick by your work Brett and ride off into the sunset already.

Comment

The guy hasn't heard his name on ESPN in four-months so now he's "itching" to play? I bet some Triple Strength Gold Bond Powder would cure that!
              "You trusted us"

Comment

Honestly, I'm just sick of athletes "retiring" only to comeback and play again anyway.

If you're going to retire...RETIRE.

Barry Sanders stuck to his word, and for that, I applaud him.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Honestly, I'm just sick of athletes "retiring" only to comeback and play again anyway.

If you're going to retire...RETIRE.

Barry Sanders stuck to his word, and for that, I applaud him.
                  As did Robert Smith who went back to school to become a doctor but ended up working at ESPN. Go figure

Comment

Never cared about the Great Farve Debate considering I personally quit caring about the NFL when Danny "Football" Marino retired.

But here's an interesting sport's brief from the Argus regarding Farve's impending comeback.

http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...DATES/80711042

Not quite sure how he'll look in Purple and Gold?? Or Navy and Orange??

Go Jacks!!

Probably a much better article, considering it's written by the source.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3483521
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Here's my take on the whole Brett Favre (or Brett Faavra - if you're a "There's Something About Mary" fan)....

Go away already!

He should be a professional boxer because he comes out of retirement as much as they do.

Comment

If Favre comes back as a Viking, ESPN execs will wet themselves in excitement over the potential ratings for that 1st Monday night game. Personally, I would love to see him released, sign with the Vikings, trip getting off the bus a Packer stadium and spraining his wrist so bad that can't take a snap or catch a shotgun snap, and have to sit on the sidelines and thus breaking his consecutive game streak and no one watching the game.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Lost a lot of respect for Favre on this deal. Not a Packer fan but I love watching him play. He really has put the Packers in a horrible position with his constant waffling. The Pack doesn't have much of a choice but to try and trade him at this point IMHO.

I thought this article on MSN.com really shed light on the chronological events that have led to this point.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8335678?MSNHPHMA

Favre is going to lose respect because of this but can you imagine the pressure on the Packers GM? Can't imagine having to be the guy that runs Brett Favre out of town even if it is the right thing to do!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The Farve thing is rediculous. Although as a life-long Vikings fan, I'm actually enjoying all the turmoil and bickering this is causing in Dairyland.

I've never liked Farve, but I have to admit having a small amount of respect for the guy as a football player. That is until he started
                            jerking his team around for the last two or three years, waiting til the last minute to decide if he was going to play or retire. The Packers owe him nothing. That includes an unconditional release. What's sad in a way is that Farve has become an embarrassment to himself.

Assuming there is a team out there that wants some Stale Cheese, what happens to that big jersey retirement ceremony in Lambeau on Monday Night Football? So much for the big ratings ESPN and the NFL were counting on ...
                            "You trusted us"

Comment

What if the Packers released Favre and the Vikings picked him up. He could be the starting quaterback for the opposition the night his jersey is retired in Lambeau. This could be the highest rated Monday Night Football game of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Jackrabbit View Post
                                What if the Packers released Favre and the Vikings picked him up. He could be the starting quaterback for the opposition the night his jersey is retired in Lambeau. This could be the highest rated Monday Night Football game of all time.
                                That's a funny I can appreciate!

Comment

Working...
                                X