Mike Daum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Daum

Time to start the Mike Daum pro thread. Argus did a nice summary of the dates and times that Daum could potentially be playing in the summer league with the Portland Trailblazers (also includes Mooney's team's schedule).

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ks/1632635001/

Hopefully he can impress Portland enough for them to keep him around. I'm excited to see how he stacks up against other NBA talent.

Re: Mike Daum

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Time to start the Mike Daum pro thread. Argus did a nice summary of the dates and times that Daum could potentially be playing in the summer league with the Portland Trailblazers (also includes Mooney's team's schedule).

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ks/1632635001/

Hopefully he can impress Portland enough for them to keep him around. I'm excited to see how he stacks up against other NBA talent.
    Portland signing Anthony Tolliver yesterday doesn't help Mike's chances. Veteran big who specializes in shooting threes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Portland signing Anthony Tolliver yesterday doesn't help Mike's chances. Veteran big who specializes in shooting threes.
      I think if Mike could get a two-way contract that would be a big win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        I think if Mike could get a two-way contract that would be a big win for him.
        My assumption was Mike took the Portland offer because it was the best option to showcase his skills to all the other teams
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Portland plays Detroit today at 2:30pm on ESPNU.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Pistons led the entire way and beat Portland 93-73.

Daum did not play -- boxscore lists "Coach's Decision".

Comment

Daum is in!
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Mike finished with 4 points and 1 rebound in 11 minutes. Portland's next game is Tuesday at 5:00 on ESPN2.

Comment

Daum first one off bench. Just got fouled on a 3.

Finishes with 3 pts 1 reb 1 asst in 9 minutes.
                  Last edited by jacks1; 07-09-2019, 06:03 PM.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Daum first one off bench. Just got fouled on a 3.

Finishes with 3 pts 1 reb 1 asst in 9 minutes.
                    http://www.obradoirocab.com/webobra/...ha-a-mike-daum

Translation courtesy of Google Translate: The Monbus Obradoiro has reached an agreement with Mike Daum for the 2019/20 season.This 2.0-meter, 23-year-old power forward comes from the University of South Dakota State, with which he averaged 25.3 points (57.9% in two-shot, 37.0% in triples and 83.8% in free), 11.7 rebounds and 1.0 caps in 33.3 'minutes of play (33 games), during the last season, thus completing a successful school year: winner of their conference (Summit League) in 2016, 17 and 18, MVP of the tournament being the three years and Player of the year in 2017, 18 and 19.
                    Born in Kimball (Nebraska), the American recently played the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas with the Portland Trail Blazers (4.0 points and 2.7 rebounds in 12.0 minutes).
                    “We completed the inside game and the team with Mike, a player with a remarkable scoring ability, either in the low post or through the outside pitch.His knowledge of the game and versatility will allow him to form a couple with the rest of the interiors we have. Although you will notice a great leap in relation to the physical requirement, we see you prepared for the tough and at the same time attractive Endesa League that is coming to us ”, affirms the general director of the club, José Luis Mateo.

Comment

Assume this is a top level European league with good payday?

Comment

Couldn't find a good spot to put this, but Mooney got signed by the Memphis Grizzlies. Good for him.

Comment

Not to carry on the thread drift in the USD week thread so I will post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by AZjack View Post
                          (Wrong thread for this discussion) I think that is a naive approach. G League isn't a great way to get into NBA. Make REAL money in Europe while working on your craft. Nate Wolters is going to make some good money over there instead of wasting away in the G League.

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Guess we will disagree on that.
                          I am with Goon on this.
                          52% of players on NBA rosters at the end of last year had G-League experience.
                          https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-l...eason-rosters/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Not to carry on the thread drift in the USD week thread so I will post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by AZjack View Post
                            (Wrong thread for this discussion) I think that is a naive approach. G League isn't a great way to get into NBA. Make REAL money in Europe while working on your craft. Nate Wolters is going to make some good money over there instead of wasting away in the G League.

I am with Goon on this.
                            52% of players on NBA rosters at the end of last year had G-League experience.
                            https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-l...eason-rosters/
                            Making league minimum at best. Euroleague is twice that pay, the idea of a pro career is to maximize earnings. For a tweener G League/NBA guy like a Daum or Wolters, Europe pays a LOT better. Mike isn't athletic enough to play defense in the NBA. Euro ball suits his body type and style.

If you're uber athletic like Flatten than the G League makes sense.

For skilled, not super athletic guys like Daum and Wolters, Euroleauge is the way to go to maximize earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                              Making league minimum at best. Euroleague is twice that pay, the idea of a pro career is to maximize earnings. For a tweener G League/NBA guy like a Daum or Wolters, Europe pays a LOT better. Mike isn't athletic enough to play defense in the NBA. Euro ball suits his body type and style.

If you're uber athletic like Flatten than the G League makes sense.

For skilled, not super athletic guys like Daum and Wolters, Euroleauge is the way to go to maximize earnings.
                              Totally agree but you had said the GLeague isn’t the place to make the NBA which I disagree with you on. IMO, Mooney has a greater chance of making it to NBA playing in GLeague than Daum does playing in Europe. GLaegue is becoming a true minor league farm system.

Comment

Working...
                              X